Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Willis

Transfer deadline day

The BBC site says the Football League deadline was 5pm... Transfers to Prem clubs until midnight.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/4199286.stm

Then we had better hope and pray that there's activity that's unreported so far - if there's a case of no activity at all, we may find the rest of the season a little trickier than anticipated - although I don't agree with all the Levein Out bullshit, or the League One doom. Sure, we'll struggle a little without an out-and-out 20 goal a season striker - but there's another transfer window in January, if we can work hard up until January and keep picking up points, we can bring the striker in then. It won't win us promotion, but it will lift us a little - and we will have a better chance of signing a decent player in January - there's more time to find one and agree a deal in the space of a few weeks, rather than a few hours.

Relax people, jeez.

Levein ain't going nowhere, and we're not going down.

As someone remarked earlier, as long as a bid has been accepted and registered with the Football League, negotiations over wages, medicals, etc can continue until concluded.

Looks like a front two of Hume and Elvis/De Vries. I don't think that's as bad as people suggest. Hume reminds me of Ifill at Sheffield. Similar type of players, so I think he is capable of being a very good forward.

Hume may not be as natural a finisher as Connolly, but I think he will do more for the team. Whilst Connolly worked tirelessly upfront, he was not very effective operating on the flanks as say, Dickov was for us. I think Hume will therefore be more effective at this, which is useful given that our team seems to rely on strikers doing their own work and battling hard.

Archived