Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

The Return of the Trav Le Bleu Radio Show

• 1 month later...

I heard it Saturday night from ten past 7 but wasn't able to really keep up with the story as the Mrs had some guests pop in and I had to try and be slightly interested in their appearance. I had one earphone in but I must have missed at least half of what cracked off.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be returning to the airwaves (well, kind of airwaves) at a new time, well same time, different day. Tuesdays at 6pm now and to boot, Shen is on the same night! So Tuesday night is Two Foxes and a Swede night on Regen Radio! You don't know what you're missing.

(Actually, some of you do... :whistle: )

The magazine I am with DNO could be branching out into radio. Citezen Eye a partner does broadcasts and we are at the moment in the planning stage. Not sure how much I'll be involved in that side of it but if anyone is interested or has suggestions and help they would be welcome. We are hoping to have a sort of phone in and maybe a music slot.

Citezens' Eye have a practice booth being set up at the old library where the photographic Gallery is so may give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight on Regen Radio it's foxes all the way as it's me from 6 to 9 pm and Shen from 9 to 12 midnight!

If you're looking to hear something new and/or interesting plus some great tunes from the past I can't suggest better!

Next week as a theme I will be doing a road tour of the USA. Song titles will all contain names of towns and cities and this is the route I'll be taking.

usaMAP2_zps32a435a5.jpg

No place names (on the map) - see if you can work out some of the songs. Some very well known, some not so.

Next week as a theme I will be doing a road tour of the USA. Song titles will all contain names of towns and cities and this is the route I'll be taking.

usaMAP2_zps32a435a5.jpg

No place names (on the map) - see if you can work out some of the songs. Some very well known, some not so.

If you include canada you could almost play the whole Bon Ivor LP.

No. Title Length 1. "Perth" 4:22 2. "Minnesota, WI" 3:52 3. "Holocene" 5:37 4. "Towers" 3:08 5. "Michicant" 3:45 6. "Hinnom, TX" 2:45 7. "Wash." 4:59 8. "Calgary" (Vernon, Matt McCaughan) 4:10 9. "Lisbon, OH" 1:33 10. "Beth/Rest" 5:17

The picture is working now, it wasn't showing last night. I'll have a couple of guesses in a bit, when I've checked where some of those dots are!

Keep meaning to tune in but not got into the routine of remembering the day's changed yet. I've only heard 30 minutes since you've been on Tuesdays.

If you include canada you could almost play the whole Bon Ivor LP.

No. Title Length 1. "Perth" 4:22 2. "Minnesota, WI" 3:52 3. "Holocene" 5:37 4. "Towers" 3:08 5. "Michicant" 3:45 6. "Hinnom, TX" 2:45 7. "Wash." 4:59 8. "Calgary" (Vernon, Matt McCaughan) 4:10 9. "Lisbon, OH" 1:33 10. "Beth/Rest" 5:17

Well, in amongst all that there is one :)

Some clues as to ALL the songs I'll be playing via the medium of story telling.

First of all we ship up to Boston, before heading down the coast to New York, where, in one of the suburbs, we meet a singing salesman. He advises us not to return to Rockville, but since we've never been there in the first place, that's where we go next, before hammering our way down to Miami and its many vices. From there we head waaaay back up north, stopping only to pay a road toll to get into Buffalo and then a slight u-turn back southward to see what gives Pittsburgh's American football team its name.

Then it's west to a small town in Ohio named after the Portuguese capital and on to the Great Lakes and Motor City, where we are advised to "chin up" and carry on! So we head back to Ohio and Cincinatti, arriving at night, just in time to enjoy the lights. Here a certain Mr Wagner asks us to accompany him to Nashville to meet his parents, so we continue our journey into Tennessee, just in time to catch the last train and make sure that we arrive in Clarksville with enough time to then catch our night flight to Memphis. Having done quite a journey in Tennessee, we zoom back up north to the Great Lakes again, but this time it's the windy city that is our stopping point before we head on to the area of the state capital of Wisconsin.

No time to stop though, we have to push on, so or next destination is westward in Minneapolis, where Mr Waits will tell us all about a gift he got from a whore there. We'll make our excuses and leave him to it as we head for Wichita and bump into the lineman there. Not just any old lineman though, he's the lineman for the county! Oh yes! Suitably impressed, our transport to our next destination, Tulsa, is late, which is annoying, because we were told we were only 24 hours away, but it turns out it will be much longer. So when we do eventually get to Tulsa we hire a band of horses and ride south to the Mexican border and Laredo.

However, at the border we meet a strangerly unkempt, unshaven fellow in a beer-stained poncho and a ragged sombrero who looks suspiciously like Zingari. He's heard some strange things about Roswell and says that he knows how to get there; apparently, there's a motorway. We head up the motorway and can only find 50 areas... very mysterious! Despite our best efforts, we leave the aged bandido trying to dig under a wire fence and continue to the old music hall stand by of Albuquerque and a short detour to Santa Fe, because there has been a drive-by by some truckers.

We're coming into the home leg now as we head north to the mile-high city of Denver, where there's no sign of John, so we turn towards the Nevada deserts and journey to Las Vegas, which some people told us is heaven, but we don't quite see it - it must be either one or the other. So shaking the sand off our shoes (and with our pockets considerably lighter) we arrive in LA, where first we hit the beach in one of it's famous coastal suburbs, before meeting an old friend who sung about Roswell and, it turns out, isn't black at all!

Not that I'm racist, it was just an observation. Rather like I observe that there are a lot of same sex people holding hands at our next destination, without being homophobic. Actually, I should be careful what I say - don't want to end up in prison. Like some of the people at our next destination, Folsom. Luckily, we've got just enough cash for one more journey, but it's a long one, all the way up the west coast to Seattle, where Frances Farmer is waiting to reap her revenge. What have I ever done to her!

So maybe it's best I call it quits there - east to west coast in 28 songs. All to be played out from 6pm to 8pm this Tuesday 5th Feb on www.regenradio.com

Archived