Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Open New Year message to Craig Levein

Craig,

2004 has been the worst year of football I've ever witnessed and believe me I've been going for a bloody long time. There have been more desperately bad individual and team performances at home this year than all the other years put together and on today’s performance 2005 doesn't look like it's going to get much better. Last season’s team and this season surpass any others in terms of the number of under performing over paid average players.

Every week with the exception of 1 or 2 games I’ve come away from games feeling like I’ve been mugged and today was no exception; it was another all around dire performance from a Leicester City team. I left the ground wondering if I could believe what I had just witnessed and felt like I’d just seen us lose it was so bad.

I really do hope that you can replace this team because I no longer believe that it is remotely possible to make a silk purse out of this pig’s ear of team. It grieves me to say it but after much thought I do not in all honesty believe that there is a single current player who is fit to wear the shirt of Leicester City Football Club. I could list numerous players over the years that have been superior in quality and commitment, I could list even more who have lacked ability but gave it their all but there are very few I wouldn’t prefer to have than the current playing staff who let themselves and the fans down week after week after week with their inept under performing play.

I’m not sure how much more I can take or justify in terms of time and money so I sincerely hope that you can give back to me the joy, excitement and satisfaction I used to get supporting Leicester City Football Club because at the moment I’m getting absolutely nothing from it.

By the way I'm a big fan of yours Craig but I wish you would stop promising us a decent performance, either say it as it is or say nothing please.

All the best for you for the future and the best of luck for all our sakes.

davieG

Wow that is a great letter Davieg, are you really going to send it to Levein?

51440[/snapback]

Understand your sentiments to a point Davie but I think you're overdoing it on the player front.

On performances since the arrival of CL, Jordan (who I'm not a fan of) is good enough. Danny Tiatto deserves to wear the shirt as do Gareth Williams and David Connolly.

A fit Ian Walker deserves his place and neither Stearman nor Tommy Wright (who I'm not sure about) have been given enough opportunity and both of these must now class as first team squad members.

51440[/snapback]

Understand your sentiments to a point Davie but I think you're overdoing it on the player front.

On performances since the arrival of CL, Jordan (who I'm not a fan of) is good enough. Danny Tiatto deserves to wear the shirt as do Gareth Williams and David Connolly.

A fit Ian Walker deserves his place and neither Stearman nor Tommy Wright (who I'm not sure about) have been given enough opportunity and both of these must now class as first team squad members.

51448[/snapback]

i agree , we do have a few players who are worthy of their places but i understand where davie is coming from . 4 wins at home during 2004 says it all

51440[/snapback]

51448[/snapback]

Well it was directly from the heart, as to whether I send it or similar to CL, probably not as it's not my usually style to do anything like this but it does reflect how I feel.

I'll give you the players you mention, Jordon, Tiatto and Connolly have put in effort, and Jordon still being a 'junior' player I could accept. As for Tiatto no I'm not convinced the guy has a brain he picks up so many unnecessary bookings, today yet another I actually think he's a liability, as you cannot rely on him. Connolly has totally failed to deliver the goods and although I think his service has been poor he has missed too many chances. William's well I've only seen him put the effort in during 2 games, today being one of them and then it was only for about 40 minutes.

Players such as Stearman and Wright have not entered my thoughts, as I don't yet consider them as being in anyway culpable for our poor displays over the period mentioned and would love to see them as potential replacements.

The bottom line is, in my case and I suspect others as well that facts are overcome by personal feelings that's why people are caught up in football and my feeling are expressed accurately in the above statement.

Great post, Davie.

I felt exactly the same as I walked away from the ground today. I felt disappointed and let down by another dire peformance, despite winning. I really do feel for the fans who just attend the home games because the past year and a half has been nothing short of shocking. I hope 2005 represents a change in fortune, but that won't be the case until we have a clear out in the summer.

Great post, Davie.

I felt exactly the same as I walked away from the ground today. I felt disappointed and let down by another dire peformance, despite winning. I really do feel for the fans who just attend the home games because the past year and a half has been nothing short of shocking. I hope 2005 represents a change in fortune, but that won't be the case until we have a clear out in the summer.

51505[/snapback]

You may be right about 2005 being shit but look at things in a bit more perspective.

Yes, the performance was poor, but it was better than we have seen recently and we won FFS. How many times have we been able to say that we came away with more than we deserved. Whatever the squad looks like moving forward, they are going to need confidence and if they gain that by ill deserved wins, then so be it.

This team is by no means as bad as the Frank Mclintock eleven that took the field week in week out and Craig Levein will take it forward.

Great post, Davie.

51505[/snapback]

You may be right about 2005 being shit but look at things in a bit more perspective.

Yes, the performance was poor, but it was better than we have seen recently and we won FFS. How many times have we been able to say that we came away with more than we deserved. Whatever the squad looks like moving forward, they are going to need confidence and if they gain that by ill deserved wins, then so be it.

This team is by no means as bad as the Frank Mclintock eleven that took the field week in week out and Craig Levein will take it forward.

51513[/snapback]

The only way that was better than previous games was simply because we won. I sound a bit daft saying that, but if you look at the game, we didn't look like scoring again apart from the penalty. It is a major concern that needs to be addressed. I'm hoping Levein will sort it out, but it will take time and I recognise that.

Our understanding is that CL plans to do as much transfer activity as possible over the next few weeks.

This largely depends on who we can move on, but expect a number of further departures & arrrivals if CL can get what he would ideally like

51499[/snapback]

Superb!!!

Our understanding is that CL plans to do as much transfer activity as possible over the next few weeks.

This largely depends on who we can move on, but expect a number of further departures & arrrivals if CL can get what he would ideally like

51499[/snapback]

Superb!!!

51554[/snapback]

Is anyone else getting really excited now :D:thumbup:

51499[/snapback]

Superb!!!

51554[/snapback]

51558[/snapback]

not really because to get players we have to move players out and there are no players in our club who will actually generate interest from other clubs....

51499[/snapback]

Superb!!!

51554[/snapback]

51558[/snapback]

not really because to get players we have to move players out and there are no players in our club who will actually generate interest from other clubs....

51707[/snapback]

We thought that with Blake and Benjamin, and look where they've gone. ;)

I think Keown will attract a bit of interest from struggling Premiership teams, someone like Southampton.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but there are always some duffers out there willing to take wasters on.

51499[/snapback]

Superb!!!

51554[/snapback]

51558[/snapback]

51707[/snapback]

I think Keown will attract a bit of interest from struggling Premiership teams, someone like Southampton.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but there are always some duffers out there willing to take wasters on.

51726[/snapback]

Connoly, Williams, Scowcroft, Walker, Stearman, Daswon, joey, Nalis possibly, Dublin, Dabizaz, Someone could even take a chance on gillespie

:rolleyes:

51499[/snapback]

Superb!!!

51554[/snapback]

51558[/snapback]

51707[/snapback]

51726[/snapback]

Connoly, Williams, Scowcroft, Walker, Stearman, Daswon, joey, Nalis possibly, Dublin, Dabizaz, Someone could even take a chance on gillespie

:rolleyes:

51728[/snapback]

Only players realistically to gain any interest would be Scowcroft (As we all know) Walker (If fit) and possibly Dublin. The rest will attract minimal interest, if any at all. Mainly because they're on contracts which far exceed their relative ability.

Yes but, there are plenty of Micky Adams style old school managers out there who might actually think they can get some of ours to work.

I mean Blackwell has taken Blake to Leeds. Our best bet of shipping Dabizas is to the continent where the fact he was a member of the Greece squad might still pull some weight.

I am led to believe CL is trying to offload Canero to Hearts (I also read that either on here or on the Fox site) and there are others who he may just pay-off in order to ship them out.

Nalis, Williams, Dawson, Stearman are on mega contracts, i'm sure.

51734[/snapback]

Nalis is nearing the end of his contract and wants to return to France apparently at the end of this season. So unless a club comes in for him willing to taken on his wages, then he's staying put.

Williams is probably on good wages for this division.

Not many know about Dawson and Stearman most likely, and I'm sure Levein will not want to offload our most promising talents.

The only way that was better than previous games was simply because we won. I sound a bit daft saying that, but if you look at the game, we didn't look like scoring again apart from the penalty. It is a major concern that needs to be addressed. I'm hoping Levein will sort it out, but it will take time and I recognise that.

51516[/snapback]

Not saying that it was miles better Scowy but we did have chances despite being second best for long periods.

1st Minute when Nalis was offside, Connoly's volley in the second half, Gudjonnson's run and shot that was well saved, Scowcrofts header in the first half, Jordans appalling shot are the ones that spring to mind.

I know that doesn't constitute a goal fest but the chances do come. I just think that the inbetween bits are so dross that we forget the better points quickly.

51516[/snapback]

Not saying that it was miles better Scowy but we did have chances despite being second best for long periods.

1st Minute when Nalis was offside, Connoly's volley in the second half, Gudjonnson's run and shot that was well saved, Scowcrofts header in the first half, Jordans appalling shot are the ones that spring to mind.

I know that doesn't constitute a goal fest but the chances do come. I just think that the inbetween bits are so dross that we forget the better points quickly.

51789[/snapback]

Good post davie, the fact that you are waiting to see who Levein brings in is important. Remember the initial performances under MON were poor until his signings (Izzet, Lennon, Claridge etc) started to click. We have to give Levein the same chance remembering that MON had a lot more money at his disposal. Levein's task will be harder but l still have a good feeling about him. It's going to take time but we must stick with him and let him build his team.

Archived