Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chelt_mj

Chris O'Grady

Hey everyone,

I was wondering whether it would be possible for you to tell me a little bit about "chris o'grady"?

I assume he's a reserve team player? so when would be the best time to see him in action? and where obviously?

Cheers

Im just interested in strikers at a higher level than us, espicially younger players because we are currently having goal scoring problems and I know that our manager is looking possible 6 month loans, but as most managers do, he's keeping it close to his chest.

O'Grady caught my attention during pre-season and I am currently in Leicester so it would be an ideal time to see him perform.

Also, I see that he had a good impact at our level for Notts County last year.

Merely observing possibilties :)

Im just interested in strikers at a higher level than us, espicially younger players because we are currently having goal scoring problems and I know that our manager is looking possible 6 month loans, but as most managers do, he's keeping it close to his chest.

O'Grady caught my attention during pre-season and I am currently in Leicester so it would be an ideal time to see him perform.

Also, I see that he had a good impact at our level for Notts County last year.

Merely observing possibilties :)

151931[/snapback]

Well, it does sound like a healthy interest in the lad :-)

We could do with a few more decent strikers..

Not sure that he would be interested in us though. I takes me about 2 hours to get the cheltenham from here, and im not entierly sure a 19 year old would be happy to make that sort of journey on a regular basis. I could be wrong...depends on the attitude of the lad I spose.

We could certainly do with a fast striker with a good first touch.

I have to admit, I don't know as muc about this wright fella as I do about O'Grady.

Is O'Grady, in your eyes, just rubbish at your level? Because cast-offs from the championship may well have a large effect down in the slums of league 2 :D

When he came on against Oxford last week he looked pretty good and shown some neat touches and lay offs. So a 6 month loan / season in League 2 would certainly help his development. Saying that he was dissapointing at Notts County according to some of their fans after he returned to Leicester.

When he came on against Oxford last week he looked pretty good and shown some neat touches and lay offs. So a 6 month loan / season in League 2 would certainly help his development. Saying that he was dissapointing at Notts County according to some of their fans after he returned to Leicester.

152008[/snapback]

Really? From what I read this afternoon on the Notts County official site, the club seemed quite impressed with him and thought that he added an extra dimension to their attack.

I got the impression that the only reason his loan was not extended to a long term was because of a change in the management at county (who obviously had different plans for the club).

Although, having said that, I havn't asked the County fans what they thought of him.

O'Grady's been around our first team for a few seasons now. He made his first team debut late on against Grimsby during the 2002/03 season but that's the last time he's made an appearance for the first team I think. Imo, he's a decent striker and he's very strong and powerful for his age. He's been involved with our reserves on a regular basis for the last season or two and he impressed me in a few games during the 2003/04 reserve season against some big named sides like Chelsea minus their stars. He went on loan to County last season but that was his first real experience of first team football so it doesn't surprise me that he wasn't unbelievably brilliant. He came back from the spell and started to score a few goals for the academy and put in some solid performances for the ressies. One reserve game at the end of last season saw him, Tommy Wright and Stef Moore start and he looked the best out of them all. I still think he has a future with us. From what I've heard the club rate him very highly still. He has got the attributes that football clubs look for like pace, strength and fitness. I would've expected to see him involved in a few 1st team squads this season but now Hammond's been brought in on loan he's further down the order. It would be brilliant for him and and us if he went on loan otherwise he'd just be playing in our ressies for another season and he's had enough experience of that. If he stays and plays in the ressies he'll be taking up a place that could be given to one of the scholars in their final year whose aim is to become reserve team regulars this season. It would benefit them more if they were playing reserve team football and it would benefit CO'G if he goes on loan to a lowere league side.

Well I'm sure from what i've read and seen of him, John Ward would be interested if he was informed of the lad.

Which strikers have you got that are above him in the pecking order?

152162[/snapback]

David Connolly

Mark de Vries

Dion Dublin

Elvis Hammond (On loan for the first half of the season)

I'd say O'Grady's next in line ahead of Tommy Wright now. If CO'G goes on loan for the first half of the season he may come back and be ready to be third or fourth choice striker.

It can't hurt him if he sends a scout or takes a bit of time out himself to watch him in a reserve game. Even if he doesn't look like the player he wants then he might spot another player from our reserves or the opposition that he likes.

When/if I recieve a reply i'll post it on here word for word. :)

I think it would be sensible of Ward to take a look, we have been trying to sign an experienced striker all summer break and failed to do so, so I think Ward has now turned his attention to loan signings of younger players.

I know that one interest of his is Steve Gillespie of Bristol City, and he is certainly a favourite with the fans as he did a good job on loan for us last season..

..but, we were given money to use for an "experienced" striker's wages, and rumours now suggest that those wages will be put towards the loans of two young strikers. And from what i've heard, read and seen, i hope very much that O'Grady is a contender for one of those places.

Archived