Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rugby Fox

Ashes 5th and Final Test

Will we will it?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will we will it?

• Of course
    • Gunna Throw It away

We will win the Ashes but this Test will go to the wire but we will draw. Simon Jones facing the last ball on the last day, 200 runs behind but the Aussies only needing this one wicket to win....McGrath bowling.

Biggest danger is if we start trying to hold out for a draw.

Can't believe how many people - women included - who are talking about a game they admit they were never interested in before.

Have a go cricket. Nothing like it. Flintoff deserves a knighthood. He epitomises what sport should be about.

From BBC:

'The final Test at The Oval, which begins on Thursday, is likely to start in fine, warm weather, but there will be rain interruptions at times.'

"It's going to rain Thursday or Friday, perhaps later on Thursday and into Friday morning.

"We could get off to a dry start at the toss but there will be rain around before the end of play on day one."

"Some of Thursday's rain will spill over into Friday morning but there should be plenty of play on the second day and on into the weekend as well.

"There will be no more than a few showers on Saturday and Sunday, when there will be a cool breeze, and there's a small threat of rain on Monday."

'The Oval is historically one of Australia's least successful grounds, and in recent times England have pulled off plenty of good results in south London.

Often regarded as the quickest wicket in the country, it can offer plenty of pace and bounce for the fast bowlers and some turn for the spinners.

But generally it assists batsmen, who usually find it easy to time the ball and score quickly.'

All good signs for a draw atleast, we should do it unless we completely bottle it.

Probably going to get rained out I reckon, in which case it will be a thoroughly deserved ashes win for you guys. However, like Thracian writes if you're going to play for a draw I think Australia can steal a win (thats if it doesn't rain of course).

I'm just happy to see a good test series involving Australia again, for so long we've just smashed everyone, it's made me lose my interest in test cricket till now.

Archived