Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scotch

Can we stay up?

Will this forum be full of negativity tomorrow if we lose? I can't wait for the game, think the atmosphere is going to be booming, I just really hope we can remain positive if it doesn't go to plan, Swansea are much better than the credit we're giving them.

Will this forum be full of negativity tomorrow if we lose? I can't wait for the game, think the atmosphere is going to be booming, I just really hope we can remain positive if it doesn't go to plan, Swansea are much better than the credit we're giving them.

The forum will probably be its usual self if we lose...pretty much doom and gloom. Pearson will be slated by some, whatever his tactics and comments will be made about Schlupp pertaining to 'how has he ever become a footballer' etc..

HOWEVER...I think that's mere speculation because I think we'll win. What I want to see is an attack-minded, quick Leicester City, with a will to win, rather than the 'safe' formation, based upon not conceding.

I think there will be goals and will be having a few quid on btts.

Again, for me, the game will be won or lost in the midfield. They have players who can shoot and score from distance and if they aren't closed down quickly enough, we could be punished in this respect. If our midfield can take a stamp on the game, being defensively solid and offensively creative, I beleive Vardy will score again and that Nugent will continue to look dangerous.

2-1 home win, for me.

Hull and Sunderland are gone for me. 

Sunderland:                          Hull:

(A) Stoke                               (A) Palace

(H) Southampton                  (H) Liverpool

(A) Everton                           (H) Arsenal

(H) Leicester                         (H) Burnley

(A) Arsenal                            (A) Spurs

(A) Chelsea                           (H) United

I can only really see Sunderland taking anything from Stoke out of their remaining fixtures. Everton are resurgent. Southampton at their place are a tough nut to crack. We should do them, and Arsenal and Chelsea away speaks for itself. 3 points max for them as long as we do our part.

As for Hull, I wouldn't back them to take anything there. Maybe a point at Burnley!

Either way, there's little chance either Hull or Sunderland will end on anything more than 32 points. Hull will end on 30 and finish the season bottom IMO.

That leaves a mini 3-team league table between QPR, Burnley and us. The bottom team goes down, the top 2 stay up.

QPR:                                     Burnley:

(H) West Ham                       (A) Everton

(A) Liverpool                         (H) Leicester

(A) City                                 (A) West Ham

(H) Newcastle                       (A) Hull

(A) Leicester                         (H) Stoke

(A) Villa

QPR - Take the game against us out of the equation and realistically they will probably beat West Ham and Newcastle at home. Very surprised if they get anything from City and Liverpool as they're so poor away from home. 6 points - 32 points

Burnley - A decent run in but they have only won a single game away from home all season. Think they'll probably get 6 or 7 points (again, ignoring the game against us.) 32/33 points

So, back to us. What all of this means is that our safety is in our hands. I believe if we beat QPR, Burnley and Sunderland, we will stay up even if we lose to Swansea, Newcastle, Chelsea and Southampton.

9 points would take us to 34 points, finishing the season in 16th. (and that's with losing to Newcastle, which I don't think will happen.)

I think it goes without saying that all of the games against the teams around us are must-not-lose games. If we were to draw to all 3 teams, the new goal becomes 33 points, (remembering that we have better goal difference.) That means 5 points from Swansea, Newcastle, Southampton and Chelsea. I can see us beating Newcastle, so we would just need to find two draws.

Basically if we win all 3 crunch games we will be safe.

If we draw all 3 we need to find 5 more points.

If we win just one of them and draw 2, I think we will stay because we'll beat Newcastle.

I've done a predictor based on:

Swansea (DRAW)

Burnley (DRAW)

Chelsea (LOSS)

Newcastle (WIN)

Southampton (LOSS)

Sunderland (DRAW)

QPR (WIN)

With one game to go that leaves us:

16 SUN -27 33

17 QPR -24 32

18 BUR -24 32

19 LEI -20 31

20 HUL -24 29

You'd think Sunderland and Hull will lose to Chelsea and United.

Burnley play Villa away. If Burnley drew there, as I've predicted, we would need to beat QPR to send them down instead of us. If they lose, a draw will send Burnley down on GD!

16 LEI -19 34

17 BUR -24 33

18 SUN -28 33

19 QPR -25 32

20 HUL -26 29

Alternatively, if Burnley lost and we drew to QPR, Sunderland would stay up and we'd send QPR and Burnley down! lol

Fasten your seatbelts, lads. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Bumpy indeed!

Exactly this.

Even if we don't get a result tomorrow we need to beat Newcastle, Sunderland, QPR and Burnley. I reckon if we can get 10 more points we might just survive. 12 points and we definitely will.

Archived