Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

Season Ticket refund scheme for matches you can't make?

Hi all,

I am considering buying a season ticket, but as i live in London there are a good few games I won't be able to make. Does anyone know if the club have a scheme where STH can release their seat for any given game back to the club to be resold. I know other clubs do it and the STH gets a refund at face value less a small cost.

Hi all,

I am considering buying a season ticket, but as i live in London there are a good few games I won't be able to make. Does anyone know if the club have a scheme where STH can release their seat for any given game back to the club to be resold. I know other clubs do it and the STH gets a refund at face value less a small cost.

Not that i'm aware of and they sacked of the ticket game swap* option this year but there seems to be plenty of opportunities to 'sell' them on here at cost  - see this thread http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/96194-ticket-exchange-thread/

* Last few seasons if you missed a couple of game you could get tickets for other games as compensation but with expected full houses it was scrapped for this season and still is scrapped.

Hi all,

might be worth looking at a higher end membership instead. you get a certain amount of high priority for a set amount of games and you would still get first dibs on tickets before ST holders with being a member. away days are a lot harder to come by however. 

I guess it depends how many games you're expecting to miss but a top level membership might be a better option. Especially as you're free to move around the ground and go with different mates each time.

But like Gibbo said, there's always people on here who would pay face value. Living in London means you'll have to rely on the postal service which is another problem, though.

Thanks for the responses so far. I am a Gold Member for this season and it has worked well for me. It is probably the best plan to be honest, but if we stay up which dare I say is looking likely, it's going to be trickier and trickier to get a ST. I also spent a fortune over the season on the matches I attended!
Is there anyone on here who is a STH based outside of Leicester. How do you share your season ticket with people who want to go if you can't make it? I don't like the idea of sending the card in the post before a match and the hassle of getting it back again after. Is this legal as far as the club are concerned? I'm not sure.

Thanks for the responses so far. I am a Gold Member for this season and it has worked well for me. It is probably the best plan to be honest, but if we stay up which dare I say is looking likely, it's going to be trickier and trickier to get a ST. I also spent a fortune over the season on the matches I attended!

Is there anyone on here who is a STH based outside of Leicester. How do you share your season ticket with people who want to go if you can't make it? I don't like the idea of sending the card in the post before a match and the hassle of getting it back again after. Is this legal as far as the club are concerned? I'm not sure.

as long as the club are getting paid they don't care as long as you aint giving it to a rival sponsor/away fan.

me and my friend were looking at a ST for next season whether we stay up or go down now our working hours are better. we would just meet up and trade it or post it. a tracked letter ain't that expensive really. just a ball ache going the post office for some people with working hours. 

You need to ask your first question in one of the Supporter Group threads assuming there's one that covers your area.

With respect to 'sharing' in theory you're supposed to inform the ticket office if someone else uses your card but I suspect many people do without doing that and you'd be extremely unlucky if they found out and indeed if they did anything about it. I guess the main risk would be if it's in your name and the person you lend it to does someting to attract the attention of the police whilst in the ground.

I've never lived in Leicestershire but have a season ticket. Dad still has a season ticket too and obviously been going longer than me. We used to take advantage of the swap option but I'm not sure this is in place anymore... Whenever I miss a home game my brother goes instead. I wouldn't personally send a season ticket via Royal Mail, it's worth too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester City have an excellent option.  You have a season ticket (my husband has one) and you just tell the club any games you can't make.  They then sell it on themselves to anyone on their waiting list willing to pay face value, so you don't have any hassle, and they credit you for the number of games you missed via a discount off the next season's ticket.  Hassle free and works really well - win, win all round.

Manchester City have an excellent option.  You have a season ticket (my husband has one) and you just tell the club any games you can't make.  They then sell it on themselves to anyone on their waiting list willing to pay face value, so you don't have any hassle, and they credit you for the number of games you missed via a discount off the next season's ticket.  Hassle free and works really well - win, win all round.

Jaysus must be 100 people working on the admin of that scheme ...no one ever at that ground

Archived