Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
john_lcfc

England v Northern Ireland

Beckham and Robinson were the only reasonable players on the park.

Players like Lampard and Gerrard have to take some responsibility for their performances with England. Neither have played a good match for England in at least 2 years. I don't think lamaprd has ever produced a good performance for England.

It's bizarre.

i think we've got too many good players

sven is making his formation to allow all the best players to play, yet he should be setting a formation then choosing the best 11 to fit as a team, if it means a class player like lampard on the bench, so be it

i've always said drop beckham, but on recent performances i can't see there being any sense in that

just leave pls sven

i think we've got too many good players

sven is making his formation to allow all the best players to play, yet he should be setting a formation then choosing the best 11 to fit as a team, if it means a class player like lampard on the bench, so be it

i've always said drop beckham, but on recent performances i can't see there being any sense in that

just leave pls sven

You can never have too many good players, it's better to have a selection headache than to struggle to put out a good side.

And yes I agree that he should play a formation to suit the team, not to fit in his bumboys.

Get Carrick in NOW!

And whats his issue with Hargreaves - is he his little lovechild or something - he is **** crap - why would you take off lampard to bring this clown on! fock off sven seriously, fock off and give us a chance of winning the world cup!

If your gonna take off Lampard when your one nill down, at least put on another attacking player :rolleyes: Jenas would have been good.

Multi-Million Premiership players play 4-5-1 against football league and lose. We take our best attacking midfielder in Lampard off for an ineffective defensive midfielder Owen Hargreaves.

Our tactics where shit.

Well said, completely agree.

I was going nuts when Sven (the master tactician that he is - :rolleyes: ) brought on Hargreaves for Lampard. Simply disgraceful. What has Hargreaves ever done for England? He's the new Phil Neville for all I can tell.

If Sven thinks 4-5-1 works, then I'm f**king Tony Blair. He has no passion, no enthusiasm and showed no reaction at all to our pathetic attempt to beat the minnows of Northern Ireland.

To all those that previously said Sven should stay cos of his qualifying record blah blah blah, I dare you to come on and defend him now. The last 3 games have been abysmal, and you can take nothing positive from the performance of any of them.

We have world class players throughout the team and there is no excuse for Sven. We were outplayed, and out-thought by the opposition. There was no direction, no organisation, no fight, and no creativity. So what does Sven do - take off Lampard and Gerrard, two players who could actually score a goal or create a chance.

Sack him now. I don't care if the FA have to pay £4million in compensation, any manager who makes this England team lose to Northern Ireland should never manager the country again. He should be fired tomorrow. :mad:

Well said, completely agree.

I was going nuts when Sven (the master tactician that he is - :rolleyes: ) brought on Hargreaves for Lampard. Simply disgraceful. What has Hargreaves ever done for England? He's the new Phil Neville for all I can tell.

If Sven thinks 4-5-1 works, then I'm f**king Tony Blair. He has no passion, no enthusiasm and showed no reaction at all to our pathetic attempt to beat the minnows of Northern Ireland.

To all those that previously said Sven should stay cos of his qualifying record blah blah blah, I dare you to come on and defend him now. The last 3 games have been abysmal, and you can take nothing positive from the performance of any of them.

We have world class players throughout the team and there is no excuse for Sven. We were outplayed, and out-thought by the opposition. There was no direction, no organisation, no fight, and no creativity. So what does Sven do - take off Lampard and Gerrard, two players who could actually score a goal or create a chance.

Sack him now. I don't care if the FA have to pay £4million in compensation, any manager who makes this England team lose to Northern Ireland should never manager the country again. He should be fired tomorrow. :mad:

Here ****ing here.

England must play:

Robinson

Carragher Terry Ferdinand Cole

Wright-Phillips Beckham Lampard Gerrard

Owen Rooney(Defoe for next match :mad: )

SVEN OUT! Man his tactics in friendles have always been awful, but tonight in a qualfier and the past couple have been appauling too, he's got to go!

Can't believe there are people on here actually defending Beckham.

Whoever compared him to Gareth Williams was spot on!

The Real Madrid mentality, where egos are allowed to over-ride team spirit, has now spread to England.

Whose fault can that be?

Sven is past his sell-by date. But when he leaves, he should take Becks with him!

I blame Beckham! Ok, he had the best game for a while but it was at the expense of all the other players!!!!

The system was made around him and now he is getting all the praise because of it. Becuase he gets to play where he wants the other two midfielders struggle because they cant play their normal game.

Archived