Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Manchester United Home. Post Match Day Thread 1 - 1

So what exactly has Inler done to suggest he'd have been a better alternative to King?  I saw Inler come on against Spurs and nearly give the game away with an always risky and totally misflighted crossfield pass. Sadly it wasn't a one-off alarm call. His slow passing and neglect in tracking runners hasn't endeared him either. So a 15-minute return against Manchester United with the game balanced? Sure, great idea! King's actually been used twice recently at the end of games and has helped us see them out admirably. He even won us the game against West Ham in the Cup with a late goal. So why Inler? 

Thats a very fair point, kingy is most certainly an option. The reason i am suggesting that Inler may have been of value, is to see if he is a possible PL player, I know we cant afford to just test these things out, but this guy is an international captain, with plenty of talent and he perhaps needs a little time to bed into the style of the league.

We need players ready to step in if an injury does occur and as shown by the apparent "rustiness" of  Ulloa on Saturday we need to have them getting a bit of a run out. 

King is clearly fit, match ready and comfortable coming off the bench... if Inler doesnt get a decent runout soon, he will be so far off the pace he'll be of no use.

But hey, im not havng a go at DON Claudio.... the guy knows what hes doing and where his players are at.

Archived