Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Manchester United Home. Post Match Day Thread 1 - 1

Did people see how Christian Fuchs turned his head just before making that pass to Vardy. I swear, if that was Ronaldino the media would be spaffing over it for decades! lol

It was ridiculous wasn't it! Think Jamie Carragher had a crafty pocket wank over it though

I came away a little flat as well.

Nothing to do with the team's performance, I thought we gave a good account of ourselves. Drinky didn't have his best game but was far from poor, Jeff didn't seem interested, Riyad had a good game and other than the goal we conceded the defence was superb.

Just a strange game, a team costing hundred's of millions plays at retaining possession and doing very little else. I feel like we should have took them and if Vardy had got Leo's chance I think we would be top of the league.

A very different Manchester United team to what i've seen before and I understand the murmurings of discontent.

Delighted for vardy.

Love #nofuchsgiven

But disappointed to conceed from another corner, kasper really should be claiming those. 3 yards out and no man on him really.

Shame leo did all the hard work and fluffed his lines when we had our big chance.

Just woke up and the last thing I remember was leaving the game yesterday and heading into town. So proud of our Vardy and those of us who went to the game were very lucky to be able to witness history being made. Atmosphere was unreal when he scored I thought I was gonna pass out.

Type of game I thought would happen, draw was probably a fair result.

Surprise surprise Corky in "I told you so"/"I was right all along" shocker.

You're "this" close to ignore, I'm getting sick of your hateful postings tbh.

They were the most boring team to come to the kp for a long time. All that possession to do nothing with it. Shame we switched off for that corner because no way were they going to score from open play. Got to be one of the all time worst utd team. Going to win the league you are having a laugh.

Expected Spurs and we got Spurs but I actually thought Utd showed more intent going forward than Spurs did. Against the better sides at home, we are going to have to get used to that type of game. They will not want to expose themselves to our counter and we will spend most of the match chasing the ball around. When we tried to play it around near the half way line, they pressed us so it wasn't like we could play them at their own game cos we only had two in the middle.

it's a conundrum. Play a midfield three and cancel each other out or play like yesterday and try and nick the win.

People are right - we looked drained.

It was such a big game for us but one which had us not knowing whether to twist or stick.

United didn't go kamikaze trying to get the equaliser, they stayed patient.

There were glimpses of additional chances but not many and when they equalised on the stroke of half-time we couldn't seem to build any adrenalin because United didn't encourage it. They kept the game unemotional. 

The Ulloa chance was our one big opportunity to win.

After that we were as fearful of what we had to lose as to gain and the game petered out with both teams seeming to settle for an honourable draw.   

It did reflect how far we've come.

Our victory last season was one of those footballing near miracles built on emotion and the momentum gained in recovering so dramatically from a nothing-to-lose situation.

Yesterday we met on far more equal terms. 

And United's policy of playing the ball patiently took its toll in energy and uncertainty.

We couldn't outpass them, we couldn't ignore their probing threat, however unseen most of the time,  and we weren't given much chance to attack in numbers either because we didn't have the ball or there weren't the gaps to exploit.

In chess terms it became a stale mate. One which reflected the enormous progress we've made because United knew they had to be careful too.

The draw was commendable but still sent us home to think again about the next stages of our wondrous evolution.

Yesterday showed more than anything how vital it is to retain possession against the kind of teams we'll meet when we play in Europe.

Because without the ball you'll soon run out of energy and the mental will to generate any.

Sometimes, having players with speed of mind and touch is as important as having players with speed of foot but yesterday we simply gave the ball away too easily and too often due to United's pressure and organisation.

At top level, there will always be pressure.

But sadly we don't have enough players who can retain possession consistently under such pressure - and the best one spends most of his time on the bench.    

Did people see how Christian Fuchs turned his head just before making that pass to Vardy. I swear, if that was Ronaldino the media would be spaffing over it for decades! lol

One of the best and most precise passes you'll ever see. A glorious run, the pointed finger, Fuchs having the vision to see the run and somehow getting the weight and direction of the pass spot on leaving Vardy to finish so flawlessly from a situation that wasn't nearly so simple as he made it look. First was the timing of his run, then getting his body between the defender and the ball, then the restrained first touch to avoid DeGea getting the sniff of a save and finally the finish - so quick, so deadly and into exactly the right place. As perfect a goal as I can remember and what a way to set a record.   

even in the cold light of day, i'm still disappointed on this one. We gifted them the draw with such a soft goal. Man U could have played for another 90 minutes and they wouldn't have scored, they were bloody awful.

Still, to get a point against Man U with one of our worst performances of the season aint bad

It was such a big game for us but one which had us not knowing whether to twist or stick.

There were glimpses of additional chances but not many and when they equalised on the stroke of half-time we couldn't seem to build any adrenalin because United didn't encourage it. They kept the game unemotional. 

After that we were as fearful of what we had to lose as to gain and the game petered out with both teams seeming to settle for an honourable draw.   

Our victory last season was one of those footballing near miracles built on emotion and the momentum gained in recovering so dramatically from a nothing-to-lose situation.

And United's policy of playing the ball patiently took its toll in energy and uncertainty.

We couldn't outpass them, we couldn't ignore their probing threat, however unseen most of the time,  and we weren't given much chance to attack in numbers either because we didn't have the ball or there weren't the gaps to exploit.

In chess terms it became a stale mate. One which reflected the enormous progress we've made because United knew they had to be careful too.

The draw was commendable but still sent us home to think again about the next stages of our wondrous evolution.

Yesterday showed more than anything how vital it is to retain possession against the kind of teams we'll meet when we play in Europe.

Because without the ball you'll soon run out of energy and the mental will to generate any.

Sometimes, having players with speed of mind and touch is as important as having players with speed of foot but yesterday we simply gave the ball away too easily and too often due to United's pressure and organisation.

But sadly we don't have enough players who can retain possession consistently under such pressure - and the best one spends most of his time on the bench.

I agree with a lot of that....but yesterday I thought we did not pass well when we had the ball....not up to our usual standards and thats why we only drew.

I never thought I'd ever see the day you speak so highly of Gökhan Inler.

Oh, and we've got to reach the European stage first.

People saying Mahrez wasn't as good as usual today but when he was allowed space i think he did very well. Was cynically brought down a number of times and should have had an assist if Ulloa wasn't a complete moron. Not many teams in the Prem he wouldn't get into right now

Well said - spot on.

I never thought I'd ever see the day you speak so highly of Gökhan Inler.

Oh, and we've got to reach the European stage first.

If only.....I'm still haunted by his crossfield pass against Spurs which got so easily intercepted and so nearly cost a goal. It would linger so badly except that he did it again the next time I watched him.   

As for Europe, I don't have the slightest doubts. 

Apart from the fact Ulloa has an awful first touch and is forever giving away the ball. Just like today. Not to mention his poor finishing.

Harsh to say we were weak from set pieces today, we were only really challenged by one. Some of them, we dealt with very well, managing to play the ball out and hit on the counter quite successfully. The one we conceded, okazaki was clearly wrestled to the floor right in front of the ref.

Hope we can continue this form. :)

Hey! Foxhateram are you & I the only 2 that saw that Sinji was clearly fouled? He was hauled to the floor in a stranglehold, 100% foul

should have been given. The ref had blown up for the maul that was taking place just seconds before & made Utd take the free kick again. Why the Hell he didn't disallow their goal is beyond belief imo.

A very good performance; thought the final-third let us down only, and that Schmeichel should've gone for the ball during their goal situation and flapped it away.

Certainly think we need a 'talented' striker, who's proven at this level.

Good atmosphere too.

Archived