Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Manchester United Home. Post Match Day Thread 1 - 1

Type of game I thought would happen, draw was probably a fair result. So pleased for Vardy to get the record, fully deserved.

This start to the season is no fluke at all, we look a well drilled, energetic side who can beat plenty of teams and trouble the top ones. Morgan is looking every inch a Premier League defender these days.

Onwards and upwards.

Good performance really, so can't really complain despite only get a draw but we must remember we were up against Man U. Yeah but 5-3 last year, but there defence has tightened up this season. Once again my score prediction came in with a 1-1 draw and it certainly was a tight game as I Imagined. Pleased for Vardy of course breaking the record!, can you believe that an Englishman actually breaking a premier league goalscoring record!

Type of game I thought would happen, draw was probably a fair result. So pleased for Vardy to get the record, fully deserved.

This start to the season is no fluke at all, we look a well drilled, energetic side who can beat plenty of teams and trouble the top ones. Morgan is looking every inch a Premier League defender these days.

Onwards and upwards.

Got to agree about Morgan. I think he's having an excellent season after struggling last year.

It was 1st/2nd half. Okazaki's change didn't effect possession. The first half was 35/65 possession and the 2nd was 30/70 on both sides of the Okazaki/Ulloa change. I thought the 45'-60' is what killed us. Too much time went by to make a change and disrupt United's grip on the game.

I wasn't talking about the possession. United always had more possession, every team we play has more possession.

But compare first half to second half, they were forced to play within their own half more as they were being pushed back all the time, countless times it was misplaced passes given away to us, hit and hopes gone out for throw ins and even knocking back to De Gea who gave away to Mahrez.

Second half they had more space and more time to play, they were able to play higher up the pitch and were in our area more, their were still the odd error but not as much but think that is due to being a pretty poor United side rather than us pressing

We won 5-3 last season and were ecstatic. This season we play 1-1 and I'm slightly disappointed to be honest. Watched this game in a pub full of ManU fans in Copenhagen. I was literally the only Leicester fan in there!!! Man U created nothing of note. Once again we couldn't defend a set piece, but Ulloa had the golden chance to win the game for us. Delighted for Vardy, but Man U were definitely there for the taking. Bar Smalling, they were shaky at the back too. Ah well... Look at how far we've come in less than 12 months! It's great to be a Foxes fan these days :D

Anyone got a video of some of Mahrez's skills from today.

Kid is different graveh.

The Algerian's are crazy. You just got to search youtube for him a few hours after the game and change the search by upload date and you'll find them. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4Jwknn-2-u4"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Said i'd take a draw before hand, especially with Vardy breaking the record, in reality abit underwhelmed, I guess that shows how far we've come, being underwhelmed with a draw against Man Utd :crylaugh:

We were by far the better team in the 1st half, they were by far the better team in the 2nd half.

lets put in in perspective

Anthony Martial

£35,000,000

Bastian Schweinsteiger

£14,400,000

Morgan Schneiderlin £24,000,000 Matteo Darmian £12,700,000

Memphis Depay £25,000,000

Juan Mata £37,100,000

Be happy enjoy the moment

Sanity!

I'm not having that, Okazaki is a Nugent mark 2. That position is vital to supporting Vardy and the way the team play. But yet all he gets is criticism 'because he's a striker and doesn't score'. Okazaki's skill, quick thinking and first touch are on another level to Ulloa who loses the ball and is basically a donkey. Ideally, Kramaric would be pressing Okazaki for that spot in the team but Kram doesn't seem interested

Do you have info about Kram? In a perfect world, he plays behind JV. Potentially top 4, or better.

What did Ulloa do to make you think he warranted a starting position?

United was always going to play out from the back so having 2 players with energy to press from the top to rattle them, which going by first half display how many times did they give away needless throw ins because of us pressing?

On the United forum they were talking ablut how tired their players looked against Watford and PSV so I was expecting us to really use our superior fitness levels in the second half. Did anyone else think that we looked dead on our feet after 70 mins?

We did look tired. But if you think about it, this exact team with no changes has now played a fair few games in a row at a pretty high tempo. There is going to come a point this season where we have to start squad dipping, especially towards the end where fixtures come thick and fast. Be interesting to see how Claudio deals with this.

We look to January now as well. I hope the owners don't put too much pressure on spending money to conceledate the position were in. It could devestate this squad if we ended up with highly paid pre Madonna starting ahead of the players that got us here.

We did look tired. But if you think about it, this exact team with no changes has now played a fair few games in a row at a pretty high tempo. There is going to come a point this season where we have to start squad dipping, especially towards the end where fixtures come thick and fast. Be interesting to see how Claudio deals with this.

We look to January now as well. I hope the owners don't put too much pressure on spending money to conceledate the position were in. It could devestate this squad if we ended up with highly paid pre Madonna starting ahead of the players that got us here.

Agree with all of that. It was one of the first times I'd seen it from this side. With the set of fixtures coming up we can't afford for our energy levels to drop

Still very pleased, we played Man United and were their equals for much of it, yes we didn't see too much of the ball but we carried more threat, particularly first half. I agree that we looked quite leggy second half, but we pulled together to see out a good draw. Delighted for Vards, what a moment.

On the United forum they were talking ablut how tired their players looked against Watford and PSV so I was expecting us to really use our superior fitness levels in the second half. Did anyone else think that we looked dead on our feet after 70 mins?

Good post...yes I did...very unusual for a City side.. I actually thought Man Utd looked to have more energy near the end than we did.

I guess it's how we play though..all blood and thunder. Utd are so keep-ball and slow I guess they don't tire themselves out anywhere near as easily.

The tired thing is relevant. Albrighton looked shattered before half time. Vardy picked up a knock second half and showed signs of being much less mobile thereafter. the midfield two were finding it tough to get around last twenty. Simpson brought off to bring on richie's pace which I presume was to give young something to think about so he might be less inclined to get as far forward as he was doing. (Nice bday pressie) for RDL too).

I was also expecting our fitness to tell last twenty but it was the opposite. I'm sure the sports science team will be on top of this but perhaps DD needs a rest. Jeff can swap with mark quite easily. With Xmas almost upon us and liverpool/citeh within four days, we may need to start tinkering a bit. If dyer can't play next week then it's a chance for krama to make the bench and perhaps get twenty mins competitive playing time. Maybe Inler can have a run out alongside NG.

Just how far have we come, however boring and negative United were they were 2nd in the league and in the odd world of punditry we live in were there on merit though we were lucky to be top. We have played a top side conceded much of the possession yet created the better chances and played the better football, for all the stats and their possession Utd created little and relied on winning set pieces. 

Fair result and a good result. We were good first half but not so good second half. Thought we looked surprisingly tired second half.

Man Utd just stifled us in midfield- I'd hate to watch them every week. So much possession yet barely create anything. Terrible side to watch.

Vardy's achievement is exceptional. Mahrez was fantastic, Fuchs too. Okazaki gets on my nerves- too lightweight and doesn't hold the ball up for us. I'd love to see Kram get a run of games with Vardy but can't see it happening.

Thought the goal was Kasper's fault- he was rooted to the spot and any ball in that area he should be making his .

Good point

Just how far have we come, however boring and negative United were they were 2nd in the league and in the odd world of punditry we live in were there on merit though we were lucky to be top. We have played a top side conceded much of the possession yet created the better chances and played the better football, for all the stats and their possession Utd created little and relied on winning set pieces.

Can't remember Kasper making a meaningful save whereas De Gea made the one with his legs first half against Riyad and the one against Leo even though it was tame

Archived