Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Everton 2-3 Leicester - Vote Now

Nothing lower than a 7 (subs) from me, the defenders were magnificent today with Fuchs getting a 10 and MOTM, Ranieri got it right again with the changes. Only downside was how poor the Officials were, how they missed the stamp on Mahrez by Barry was terrible and the Everton fans booed Mahrez on the ground....

Up the City...

Kasper 7

Simpson 7

Morgan 9 - MOTM

Was 8

Fuchs 8.5

Mahrez 8

King 6.5

Kante 7

Albrighton 6.5

Vardy 7.5

Okazaki 7

One thing to note - Okazaki's diving yesterday was nothing short of embarrassing yesterday and it wasn't just once! So frustrating as he's clearly strong enough to stay on his feet when he wants to be.

Anyway Morgan MOTM for me. He's a monster and lukaku got very little out of him. Fuchs not far behind. Once again dealt with one of the supposedly most in form wingers and had him subbed when Everton were losing!

Seriously good 2nd half performance!

Schmeichel 7 - kind of want to give him an 8 for the way he commanded his box at corners but conceded twice and his kicking wasn't great.

Simpson 7 - pretty solid yet again. Kone was poor but Simpson also helped to deal with Lukaku when he drifted out to the left.

Fuchs 9 - superb, dealt with Deulofeu brilliantly. He was a free transfer!

Morgan 9 - absolute masterclass. Regardless of Lukaku's form I felt confident with Wes, he always handles a tall, strong opponent well.

Wasilewski 8 - slotted in very impressively.

Albrighton 7 - not as effective going forward as usual but a good defensive shift, doubled up well on Deulofeu.

Kante 9 - one of the best central midfielders in the world at the moment. Did so much to relieve the inevitable pressure towards the end.

King 7 - could tell we missed Drinky a bit possession-wise but did his defensive job well, good covering.

Mahrez 8 - extra mark for the composure. Worked hard defensively as well. A few months ago I'd have been concerned about him defending against Baines.

Okazaki 8 - extra mark for overall effect at key moments. Generally struggled a bit especially first half. Ecstatic that he scored.

Vardy 8 - strange game again. Wasn't in it for long periods but he always does something. Pass for the third goal was brilliant.

Ranieri -9- Right team, changed players fitted in well. Excellent tactics.

Kasper -6- Still think he'll be disappointed to concede their second goal. Otherwise, I thought he was solid enough.

Simpson -7- Good game.
Morgan -8- Solid, strong and played very well.
Wasyl -8- So glad to see him back. Thought he slotted in very well and he played well too with some trademark Wasyl play.
Fuchs -9- Keep saying it. Fuchs is the best left back I've ever seen in City colours since I started watching in 1965. MOTM.

Mahrez -8.5- Two superb penalties, one supreme pass for Vardy's penalty. Drifted in and out of the game but was a danger throughout.
King -6.5- He did OK, but he doesn't work as well with Kante as Drinky does.
Kante -8- I thought he was excellent again. Good, strong, fair tackles and some excellent passes.
Albrighton -7.5- Another good game and worked very hard throughout.

Vardy -8- Some of his closing down play is unreal. Defenders must hate him as he just doesn't give a moments peace. Third goal was a good example of why he is invaluable.
Okazaki -7- Best game he's played for us. Nicely taken goal too (but not as good as his Newcastle goal!). Still too lightweight for me, but glad he's improving.

Subs:

Dyer -7- Tried hard.

Ulloa -6- Not on long enough to give proper rating.

DeLaet -6- Not on for long enough to give proper rating.

Everton: -7- Underachieving. Should be doing a lot better with this team.

Officials -5- Many strange decisions, but glad they got both penalty decisions correct.

A bit late but couldn't find the thread. Another great, enjoyable away day :D

Kasper 6 - Might be disappointed with their second goal at his near post.

Simpson 8
Morgan 9 - A revelation since last season. Yet again Wes was excellent again.
Wasyl 7 - Solid enough. Don't think he should have dived in for their goal, Barkley sold him. Huth should come back in.
Fuchs 9 - Absolutely superb again. Best left back I've seen here.

Mahrez 8
King 8 - Excellent ball retention, thought he played well but not the force Drinkwater is.
Kante 7 - Not his best game but still very effective.
Albrighton 8

Vardy 8.
Okazaki 8 - Superb performance. Played in the whole really well. Worked hard as usual and scored a good goal. MOTM.

Everton 7 - A big club that underachieves. I thought they were alright though, played decent football.

Referee/Moss 3 - Awful. Barry should have been sent off, and you could argue Howard should have too. Aside from the penalties, everything went Everton's way.

Ranieri 9- Yet again he picked the right team, and the changed players didn't effect the usual performance.

and he hasn't kept that going this season and it would cost us a lot to get him here in January.

He has scored about 10 in 15 this season even though he suffered with an injury for a bit. His contract expires at the end of the season and Ferdinand has already said they will probably be forced to sell him in January.

Archived