Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mad Dog

Defending Corners

I hope we continue with this, but I'm not so sure. I remember last season where we kept Gillespie and Tiatto forward when defending corners (for a few matches), but then reverted back to 11 men in the box again.

So did we have at least 1 player up the field for a corner? I hate it when all 11 are back because when the ball is cleared it goes straight back in!

There would usually be Sylla and Elvis left upfield. First of all it provided us with two pacey outlets - secondly, Wednesday had to leave men back to cope with the threat, meaning less bodies in the area.

made me laugh, williams took the first corner, and he hit it past the keeper, and the fans cheered woo woo

It was nice to see a change in delivery, but they were still crap. Almost every corner was collected by their keeper.

It was nice to see a change in delivery, but they were still crap. Almost every corner was collected by their keeper.

why do you think this is. and why do we let the keeper get the ball without a challenge. we have dublin, mdv hammond williams hughes johanson who are all tall enough

The team looked far better organised and more in control without Panicing Paddy and Dangerous Danny playing.

I think it's alittle too early to say that. Sheffield Wednesday were awful and our defence wasn't really tested, there were games last season where Paddy and Danny looked safe as houses. It will be interesting to see if we keep the goals conceded down without Paddy and Danny.

Perhaps they should make a tv programme to capture what they are up to whilst they are out of the team. Abit like Max and Paddy

why do you think this is. and why do we let the keeper get the ball without a challenge. we have dublin, mdv hammond williams hughes johanson who are all tall enough

It's because Williams can't deliver the ball at a decent pace or height. They're always floated in which give the goal keeper a lot of time to come to collect it.

Until he improves this, Williams should stop taking corners.

It's because Williams can't deliver the ball at a decent pace or height. They're always floated in which give the goal keeper a lot of time to come to collect it.

Until he improves this, Williams should stop taking corners.

Why not let Hughes take corners? I remember him putting in a few decent deliveries last season. Certainly better than Williams.

I think it's alittle too early to say that. Sheffield Wednesday were awful and our defence wasn't really tested, there were games last season where Paddy and Danny looked safe as houses. It will be interesting to see if we keep the goals conceded down without Paddy and Danny.

Perhaps they should make a tv programme to capture what they are up to whilst they are out of the team. Abit like Max and Paddy

Possibly, but we have won yet again without Tiatto wondering off also Paddy being scared stiff of the ball and flapping about cant instill confidence into the back line. Just a little observation.

It will be interesting to see if we keep the goals conceded down without Paddy and Danny.

Indeed...

"What they are up to" in what sense?

Their thoughts while sitting on the bench, their "tuned-down" special training sessions, physio treatment and the like?

Archived