Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Player Awards vs Sheffield Wednesday

:huh::unsure:;):thumbup: Any particular reason or did you see something the rest of us did not ?

Obviously I saw it differently, I guess my feelings are that I didn't get value for money, Sheff Weds were a very poor team and by their own admission having their two main strikers out were or should have been no real threat. CL said later that despite an average performance he was happy to get the 3 points, well he didn't have to pay to go in, I don't think they all gave of their best ofr the full 90. Value wise we got about 20 minutes worth of determined football after that it was flat - not good enough for me. By SheffFox's own ratings guidelines I thought everyone was between 5-7 as in.

7 - A good performance, contributed well to the team.

6 - An average performance. Didn't do badly but could have done better.

5 - Not a good performance but did not disgrace himself.

It wasn't a bad performance just decidedly average after the 2 goals. I''ll save my 8's, 9's & 10's for when I see attacking football with the oppo under the cosh 90 minutes and 3 points.

Sheff, one thing I don't agree with is the ratings given by people listening on the radio. How can you rate a player without seeing them play? You're relying on the commentators view and not your own. I just don't think it serves any purpose.

I ought to put a page on the web site explaining why I do this as I get asked so often. I completely understand where you are coming from and totally agree with your point.

The problem is that if I didn't categorise how people had voted, you would get people voting who have listened to the game, even if you ask them not to just because they want to get involved. I feel this would make the overall results more inaccurate because as you say its more the commentators view.

I then still have to display the results or it makes the people who have voted who listened on the radio as though they may well not have bothered and then they may decide to pretend they went to the game and vote in that category too.

I may well end up just removing it all together if there is a lot of opposition to it, and there has been a bit, but I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

Sheff, one thing I don't agree with is the ratings given by people listening on the radio. How can you rate a player without seeing them play? You're relying on the commentators view and not your own. I just don't think it serves any purpose.

I think it does for those of us unable to get to the game. I am also sure that it is not to be taken seriously. ;):thumbup:

You could possibly have two categories of ratings then?

All that is needed is asking the person giving the rating whether they watched the match or listened on the radio. The scores could then be assembled separately (automatically) ...

[i'm not offering to do any work :P ]

Anyway, this solution seems to me the best of both cakes ehm worlds... or having the cherry and the cake ... or is it the icing on the cake? [cake thread interfering here :) ]

I ought to put a page on the web site explaining why I do this as I get asked so often. I completely understand where you are coming from and totally agree with your point.

The problem is that if I didn't categorise how people had voted, you would get people voting who have listened to the game, even if you ask them not to just because they want to get involved. I feel this would make the overall results more inaccurate because as you say its more the commentators view.

I then still have to display the results or it makes the people who have voted who listened on the radio as though they may well not have bothered and then they may decide to pretend they went to the game and vote in that category too.

I may well end up just removing it all together if there is a lot of opposition to it, and there has been a bit, but I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

I understand what you're saying. I imagine if you were to exclude that option, then you'd still get some people voting even if they haven't gone to the game. That probably happens anyway, with people submitting their votes and claiming they have gone to the game, although it is likely to be a very small minority.

As I suggested a while back, maybe registering could be the way forward, but it will obviously be difficult to implement that.

Completely agree. That's why I never vote if I listen on the radio.

Archived