Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimbo32

why cant we close a deal

first mcateer now connolly why is it we are incapable of closing a deal b4 someone nips in hope we do get connolly real goal poacher and international plyer for 500,000 is a bargain ive heard if scowy goes norwich were primed and ready to bid for marlon harewood also at west ham

Dave Bassett :angry: I'm thinking, we are struggling to bribe him with our famous get out clause, as we cant give him something gay like 100k cause we're buying him for 500k! I'd be extremely suprised if we got him now.

Though he has played most of his football down in London, Watford, Wimbledon and West Ham, maybe he wont fancy it up there :w00t: :!:

Maybe we shouldn't announce we're getting someone before we complete the deal?  :rolleyes:

This is completely right. That's why I think this thing with sunderland has happened... If Adams hadn't opened his big mouth and told everyone we'd had a bid accepted then Sunderland maybe wouldn't have known and not put in a bid. We should have played our cards closer to our chests.

Big mistake on this one Micky

Maybe we shouldn't announce we're getting someone before we complete the deal?  :rolleyes:

This is completely right. That's why I think this thing with sunderland has happened... If Adams hadn't opened his big mouth and told everyone we'd had a bid accepted then Sunderland maybe wouldn't have known and not put in a bid. We should have played our cards closer to our chests.

I dont fink it is, dont you fink Connonoly's agent rings round intrested clubs and tells them of the latest news, he want's the best deal for his client, so clubs know anyway, all behind closed doors.

I dont fink it is, dont you fink Connonoly's agent rings round intrested clubs and tells them of the latest news, he want's the best deal for his client, so clubs know anyway, all behind closed doors.

You are right and have a point but it isn't really much sense to make public about your deals, if not for the reason I previously stated then for pissing off fans when it falls through.

In the words of Jimmy Greaves, it`s a "fanny old game Brian" though I`m loath to mention it again as I got really naffed off about it before, Benty had AGREED to sign for us, in fact it was minutes from a done deal until Everton, resigned to loosing Rooney, made the lad a fantastic offer, shit loads of cash and premiership football, Mc Ateer, well I can`t tell you what happened there but let`s leave it at, be VERY pleased that the deal was called off !!! Connolly has agreed to join us and is due to sign later on today and it should happen, I`m confident it will, BUT as I said before NOTHING is 100% certain in this business.

Guest Guest

If you believe it, he will come

Sunderland were always interested in Connolly, and were alerted to what is going on by the players agent, not by anything that came out of the club

Are you really naiive enough to think that Mick McCarthy was sat reading the LCFC website, saw Micky's comments and then dived in ? That is not the real world of football, and everyone knows it - but some of you immediately move to criticise Adams/Bassett/Mace/Filbert Fox or anyone else because it gives you the opportunity to indulge in some more petty small minded moaning.

Did you ever think that Micky might have been trying to whip up some enthusiasm from the bank of miserable whingeing that has been going on all summer ? Give the fans some good news at the first opportunity ?

And if it was an attempt to stimulate more season ticket sales, then so what ? Should we not market our club at all, then, and stay skint forever ??

Have a good word with yourselves, and stop looking at the down side of everything.

Connolly will sign today, and this team is more than good enough to compete in this league this year.

There's no room in this world for blind faith, but there is equally no room for pathetic moaning at every opportunity

Get yourself registered my friend.

We need all the sensible posts we can get here, well said.

Believe me, it is only a matter of time until Filbert Fox starts getting blamed for whats happening. Everyone else is in the firing line.

Guest Guest

I shall remain an anonymous mystery

Remember that even if Connolly had slipped through our hands it would all have been down to greedy players and greedy agents and the seedy world of transfer dealings - not because we were trying to give a gee up to some miserable tossers who do not live in the real world

By the way, you don't see anyone moaning that Norwich have openly declared their interest in Scowcroft, do you ?

If you believe it, he will come

Sunderland were always interested in Connolly, and were alerted to what is going on by the players agent, not by anything that came out of the club

Are you really naiive enough to think that Mick McCarthy was sat reading the LCFC website, saw Micky's comments and then dived in ?  That is not the real world of football, and everyone knows it - but some of you immediately move to criticise Adams/Bassett/Mace/Filbert Fox or anyone else because it gives you the opportunity to indulge in some more petty small minded moaning.

Did you ever think that Micky might have been trying to whip up some enthusiasm from the bank of miserable whingeing that has been going on all summer ? Give the fans some good news at the first opportunity ?

And if it was an attempt to stimulate more season ticket sales, then so what ? Should we not market our club at all, then, and stay skint forever ??

Have a good word with yourselves, and stop looking at the down side of everything.

Connolly will sign today, and this team is more than good enough to compete in this league this year.

There's no room in this world for blind faith, but there is equally no room for pathetic moaning at every opportunity

Gotta be Malf? :D

Totally agree with you though, I'm still confident Conners will sign and create a Leicester legacy for himself.

By the way, you don't see anyone moaning that Norwich have openly declared their interest in Scowcroft, do you ?

Might be due to the fact that no one else actually wants him? :lol:

Im gunna stay confident that Connolly will sign  :D

you can only get disappointed when you think like that :(

whereas if you think negative thoughts, you'll either be pleasantly suprised or not get too disappointed ;)

whereas if you think negative thoughts, you'll either be pleasantly suprised or not get too disappointed ;)

That is the right attitude to have. ;):ph34r:

I agree Cobbo i always expect the worse, come on were all city fans shoud be natural now to fear the worst possible outcome.

Connolly will sign today

It's 21.31 and as of now - nothing.

Yeah, no one apart from Micky Adams.... :rolleyes:

Connolly will sign today

It's 21.31 and as of now - nothing.

Mad Biker confirmed it will be Monday now - But as he said, nothing is certain in football. Agents are parasites on the game, they need shooting.

Archived