Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cisono

Bold button

I always find myself writing down something and AFTERWARDS deciding that I want to bold it.

Now, I *could* simply use the html for it.

However, since the bold button is provided, I have occasionally attempted to use it.

In the end though, it is not worth doing so for me:

the bold button expects you to decide you are going to bold something

and therefore asks you what it is you want to make bold

but I have already written down the text

so I have to either delete it afterwards or...

hope you see my point

Can I change the behaviour of the bold button so that it will actually make bold the currently selected words in a message instead?

If not, I will just forget about this button!!! :whistle:

I always find myself writing down something and AFTERWARDS deciding that I want to bold it.

Now, I *could* simply use the html for it.

However, since the bold button is provided, I have occasionally attempted to use it.

In the end though, it is not worth doing so for me:

the bold button expects you to decide you are going to bold something

and therefore asks you what it is you want to make bold

but I have already written down the text

so I have to either delete it afterwards or...

hope you see my point

Can I change the behaviour of the bold button so that it will actually make bold the currently selected words in a message instead?

If not, I will just forget about this button!!! :whistle:

I thought you just clicked on it before you wrote the word you wanted bold or italic or underlined. Alternatively you finsh the sentence and then highlight specific words or passages and then clic the B.

Either that or I've not understood the question

Guest Richie Benaud, OBE

Are you sure Shane Warne didn't pick up on all the talk of Highlights? MAybe thats why he provided the link :huh::unsure::rolleyes:

errrm, the only highlights of shane warne i want to see are those of his 'leg break' © and 'slider' © off of ch4's ashes highlights shows (on E4 probably, or MORE4 (from oct 10th 2005))

' date='Sep 24 2005, 11:40 AM' post='181758']

If you want to bold something after you've written it just do either side of the thing you want to bold, except without the spaces between the b and the ]

As I said earlier, I end up doing the HTML bit myself all the time... but it's annoying that every time I forget the bold button doesn't work for me, so I try to use it, end up clicking a few times to get back to the text, then do it manually... I'd rather not see the bold button then!!!

As I said earlier, I end up doing the HTML bit myself all the time... but it's annoying that every time I forget the bold button doesn't work for me, so I try to use it, end up clicking a few times to get back to the text, then do it manually... I'd rather not see the bold button then!!!

you sound like a perfect candidate for my book:

0007101171.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

as you seem to like to 'do it yourself' doing the bold thing, that is!

Archived