Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Leveins Thoughts

Why is it a relief we got through, just because big teams didnt :rolleyes:

excellent, he wants a big match atmosphere.

bar that, craig made alot of sense.

I know Blackpool are nothing better than ordinary but I just wish we approached the other games like this. It wasn't our strongest side, Levein's point about the run of games making for tired legs is valid yet we were creating chances right, left and centre and, of course, exciting the crowd.

Well done MDV but we still need others to put the ball in the net. Again, I said August that our midfield players don't score enough and that has been emphasised throughout the season so far.

I know Blackpool are nothing better than ordinary but I just wish we approached the other games like this. It wasn't our strongest side, Levein's point about the run of games making for tired legs is valid yet we were creating chances right, left and centre and, of course, exciting the crowd.

Well done MDV but we still need others to put the ball in the net. Again, I said August that our midfield players don't score enough and that has been emphasised throughout the season so far.

To be honest Thracian other than the Wolves game and a few others we've attacked teams right from the start, but we often go off the pitch without the win. I am encouraged by the way we play football at times and when your in a transitional period like we are then there will be times when we make mistakes. I think the Wolves game was a one off and hat's off to Levein for changing things and trying to build a platform for something to go on. I think he wanted to put in a real tight battling performance against Wolves to use it as an example to the players that they are capable of defending astutley and then push on and attack teams when the time is right.

I think Levein knows what he's doing.

To be honest Thracian other than the Wolves game and a few others we've attacked teams right from the start, but we often go off the pitch without the win. I am encouraged by the way we play football at times and when your in a transitional period like we are then there will be times when we make mistakes. I think the Wolves game was a one off and hat's off to Levein for changing things and trying to build a platform for something to go on. I think he wanted to put in a real tight battling performance against Wolves to use it as an example to the players that they are capable of defending astutley and then push on and attack teams when the time is right.

I agree. Weve been outstanding in most games and dont let anyone say otherwise. If your interested, i bought my blue specs from paper tiger, they work brilliantly.

yep I agree

So do I as I try most of the time - I just don't want him doing that again. In my eyes it was an insult to his players (who are better than that) and an insult to the fans who travelled to Wolverhampton and deserve to have something worthwhile to watch.

Anyway, I loved the way we played last night and it only emphasised the potential we really have. :):):)

Levein seemed less cheerful than usual in this post-match interview...

just tiredness?

It's a pretty busy time of year - there's games on Saturday and then Tuesday for 3 weeks on the go nearly, if I recall correctly. Tired legs, tired manager. :devil:

I think we're shaping up quite nicely now, we're slowly getting a full squad back - now with Gerrbrand having played 90 mins of reservce action. Although Tiatto is still out, who knows if that's a good or bad thing? :P

One thing I would love to see is Hammond finally breaking his duck. If he can find the net once, I've a feeling he'll start bagging them in for fun - and I'm sure everyone would love to see that :D Also, it'd be nice to see a Hammond/Hume partnership given a run very soon. Well done to Mark for bagging lots more goals than some people thought he could manage in 5 years, but a Hammond/Hume partnership should be considered at some point - it could be fun :smile::smile:

So do I as I try most of the time - I just don't want him doing that again. In my eyes it was an insult to his players (who are better than that) and an insult to the fans who travelled to Wolverhampton and deserve to have something worthwhile to watch.

Call that an insult? If you really want to hear an insult apparently Martin Jol called his Surs players a "bunch of useless c***s " after they lost to Grimsby !

Archived