Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

PS4 additional hardrive

Hi I am looking for some advice.

I am running out of space on my ps4, and I would like to add some extra memory as everytime I get a new game I have to delete old information just to load the game.

I need some advice as I have read conflicting information if it is even possible to get additional space that will be compatible with ps4 software.

Thanks for any help.

All I know is that you cannot use an external hard drive as backup. I plugged in my hard drive just to see what what would happen and it wasn't compatible.

There's no support for external hard drive support at the moment for them. I believe the only way to increase your current storage is to replace your current hard drive in your PS4.

2TB Spinpoint hard drive works fine.  Its literally a 30 second job.  All you do then is download the latest firmware off the Playstation website and copy it to the PS4 via a USB stick.

This drive works fine:

http://www.ebuyer.com/660084-seagate-spinpoint-m9t-2tb-2-5-sata-hard-drive-st2000lm003?mkwid=snINjYMk6_dc&pcrid=51482414339&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=CjwKEAjw4dm6BRCQhtzl6Z6N4i0SJADFPu1nhKGcxAoeix-QuBF4AIZYryYCmwpbMYc5BQdiz4sKBhoC5-zw_wcB

All I know is that you cannot use an external hard drive as backup. I plugged in my hard drive just to see what what would happen and it wasn't compatible.

There's no support for external hard drive support at the moment for them. I believe the only way to increase your current storage is to replace your current hard drive in your PS4.

You can use an external hard drive to back stuff up that you might have on the drive already (useful if you are upgrading a drive - saves you having to redownload everything)  but you cannot use it to install anything new one, just for backup.  

Edited by kristianity77

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...