Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shep

Walkers Atmosphere

Moan about the stadium and the set up and stewards all you like but the fact is that in general Leicester fans are extremely fickle and also apathetic. That is to say that they are not a pro-active bunch who fire the players up, they react to what is seen on the pitch. If the players show willing, effort and ability, the crowd generally makes 'some' noise, when the players NEED a lift, they very rarely get it. Fickle fickle fickle.

What would YOU do to change that?

What would YOU do to change that?

Well, the mindset and attitudes amongst the city faithful and not so faithful has to change. I don't think it's going to happen. I admit I'm as fickle as many other people. It's just how City fans are these days and have been certainly since we were spoilt with the success of the MON years. Perhaps even before then, I'm not sure. I don't think we could do anything to change it. Certainly getting all the singers together would help generate a *better* atmosphere but I think that in general, due to a lot of factors, atmosphere at football games is deteriorating and becoming more sedate, a trend which is exaggerated here by the fickle and at times apathetic nature of the 'support'

I think a lot of it is down to most fans still not believing that we are going to perform well or win, apart from one flash in the pan promotion season there's not been a time since MON left in 2000 that we have performed in a consistant manner. Fans have been worn down by the turgid, lilly livered displays.

I still go to matches with a certain amount of trepidation, not that we aren't going to win but that the football will be uninspiring and we will chuck away any advantage we might have.

I do believe CL has improved that side of our performances but it will take along time for me to feel confident and excited and certainly a decent unbeaten run playing half decent football is required as a minimum.

I think someone has said it already, but I can't help feel it has something to do with the abolition of unreserved seating.

Let's be honest, as much as we try and be organised (or maybe I am talking merely about myself), we can never coordinate season ticket renewals so you never really know who you are sitting next to each season (or game if you don't have a season ticket). Most people want to watch a game with their mates (people who they're comfortable enough to shout and chant with or put the world to rights). That is why more people go round to others' houses to watch a match, or go down the local. People want the right atmosphere to truly enjoy the game.

Create an unreserved seating section and I am sure it will be the most atmosperic part of the stadium (even if it's put in the family stand).

I think it also helps to explain why away matches have a far better atmosphere. To go to an away game, you have to be better organised (i.e. how you're getting there, etc) and you don't want to travel a good few hours by yourself, so you sort it all out with your mates and sit together. Makes for a far better atmosphere.

I think someone has said it already, but I can't help feel it has something to do with the abolition of unreserved seating.

Let's be honest, as much as we try and be organised (or maybe I am talking merely about myself), we can never coordinate season ticket renewals so you never really know who you are sitting next to each season (or game if you don't have a season ticket). Most people want to watch a game with their mates (people who they're comfortable enough to shout and chant with or put the world to rights). That is why more people go round to others' houses to watch a match, or go down the local. People want the right atmosphere to truly enjoy the game.

Create an unreserved seating section and I am sure it will be the most atmosperic part of the stadium (even if it's put in the family stand).

I think it also helps to explain why away matches have a far better atmosphere. To go to an away game, you have to be better organised (i.e. how you're getting there, etc) and you don't want to travel a good few hours by yourself, so you sort it all out with your mates and sit together. Makes for a far better atmosphere.

Very, very true.

Archived