Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

CL Squad

With all this talk of selling Jeff and Liam leaving, can someone explain the following, as I understand it, we need 8 players who are classed as association trained, so they have to have been at a club in this country for 3 years dating back to the age of 15 years upto 21.

So the likes of huth, kasper, zieler (i'm led to believe due to some time at man utd) Drinky, James etc are all in this bracket.

However 4 of those have to have come through our academy so as I understand it, we need, Kingy, Jeff, Liam and Chilwell to make that quota or we will have to register some of the current kids to fill some spaces, unless I have missed any current players we have signed whilst under 21 and have already been here 3 years.

Do you think this is why we are trying to hang on to Liam and have offered a new deal despite it seeming he wants to get away. Or have I missed some loop hole or are we likely to just name a couple of kids to make up the numbers.

Fixed, Sorry. Anyway point remains, it's those 4 or someone out the youth team I guess.

15 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

With all this talk of selling Jeff and Liam leaving, can someone explain the following, as I understand it, we need 8 players who are classed as association trained, so they have to have been at a club in this country for 3 years dating back to the age of 15 years upto 21.

So the likes of huth, kasper, zieler (i'm led to believe due to some time at man utd) Drinky, James etc are all in this bracket.

However 4 of those have to have come through our academy so as I understand it, we need, Kingy, Jeff, Liam and Schlupp to make that quota or we will have to register some of the current kids to fill some spaces, unless I have missed any current players we have signed whilst under 21 and have already been here 3 years.

Do you think this is why we are trying to hang on to Liam and have offered a new deal despite it seeming he wants to get away. Or have I missed some loop hole or are we likely to just name a couple of kids to make up the numbers.

Not sure we could get away with registering him twice. But as stated above, Chilwell also qualifies. I would imagine we will have to fill the rest of the allocation with "senior" youth team players.

Also, i think we're missing a trick here, we could throw a bag of money at Bournemouth and bring back Max Gradel. He would qualify as one of our academy graduates. I always rated him and he's only got better since leaving us. It's a shame he didnt have a full season last year without getting injured, he could have been massive for Bournemouth

20 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Not sure we could get away with registering him twice. But as stated above, Chilwell also qualifies. I would imagine we will have to fill the rest of the allocation with "senior" youth team players.

Also, i think we're missing a trick here, we could throw a bag of money at Bournemouth and bring back Max Gradel. He would qualify as one of our academy graduates. I always rated him and he's only got better since leaving us. It's a shame he didnt have a full season last year without getting injured, he could have been massive for Bournemouth

Whoops, meant to put chilwell, doh!!

Chilwell qualifies as a 'B Squad' player in addition to the 25 'A Squad' players. As stated earlier four of the 'A Squad' places are solely for home grown players over 21 of which we only have four, if any of them leave we reduce the size of the A Squad accordingly. I think Man City only had a 21 man squad last year. Moore is probably not too thrilled by the prospect of League Cup appearances and the chance of a game in Europe in the event of a massive injury crisis.

The squad rules for the Premiership are different and he won't get a look-in.

1 hour ago, onekeithweller said:

Chilwell qualifies as a 'B Squad' player in addition to the 25 'A Squad' players. As stated earlier four of the 'A Squad' places are solely for home grown players over 21 of which we only have four, if any of them leave we reduce the size of the A Squad accordingly. I think Man City only had a 21 man squad last year. Moore is probably not too thrilled by the prospect of League Cup appearances and the chance of a game in Europe in the event of a massive injury crisis.

The squad rules for the Premiership are different and he won't get a look-in.

Wasn't man city's squad reduced due to a breach of the FFP rules, didn't PSG suffer a similar punishment.

27 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Wasn't man city's squad reduced due to a breach of the FFP rules, didn't PSG suffer a similar punishment.

I think you may be right but Man city can't fill those club trained quota's anyway and they'll be using a 21 man squad again this season.

RIght now we have a 22-man A-list (over 21, or under 21 who doesn't qualify for B-list). squad for the Champions League (assuming Liam is going to another club). Because they haven't been with the team for two years, Gray and Kapustka have to be put on the A-list. The only person with a squad number on the B-list (under-21) is Chilwell. As it stands, we could add one person to the squad for Champions League. However, because Premier League squad rules are different, we could add 5 over-21 players to our Premier League squad.

Archived