Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Craig`s future with city

Although im inclined to trust craig some more, teams dont always need years to progress, martin oneil with city, 6 months and promotion.

Its about looking at the facts.

a, when was the last time we played a LB at LB? We have 2 of them.

b, When was the last time we felt comfortable we`d seriously bother the oppositions defence with our attack?

c, why did we play 4 CM`s tonight, we only need play 2 seeing as we have 3 wingers.

d, in may, craig will have been here 18 months, do we think he`ll have won us promotion, should we then give him another 12 months, who knows.

We were very close to winning or losing tonight, but very close doesnt win you promotion.

We have some very good championship players who could make premiership standard next season.

Im of the opinion that if we play round players in round holes, put the emphasis on attack rather than a cautious defensive tactic, were very capable of beating alot of championship teams.

I can only think of mdv and gilbert being poor signings, the re signings of dublin and wilcox are also poor.

If you consider hes made 14 signings and only a few arnt quite up to championship scratch, then there must be something bubbling underneath.

How do you see craigs future at the city?

My main concern at the moment mate is that I seem to be caring less and less. When the team is constantly making the same mistakes and there doesn't seem to be any improvement....

I dunno.

I don't actually think we have much choice. Can we afford to sack him? He's hardly going to walk.

My main concern at the moment mate is that I seem to be caring less and less. When the team is constantly making the same mistakes and there doesn't seem to be any improvement....

I don't actually think we have much choice. Can we afford to sack him? He's hardly going to walk.

Same here coincidently. Its reminds me of attacking play getting me off my seat, the whole play doesnt get me excited like it should.

Is sacking him the only option, or is there something happening, albeit very slowly, and we need to give him chance to fullfill what hes doing?

I still feel that the players on the pitch are making some silly mistakes that are putting themselves under pressure. You can criticise Levein for many things but I can't see how he can be criticised for some aspects of our play tonight. If a former Premiership defender, Johansson, decides to let the ball bounce in his own area with a striker right behind him then that's poor judgement on his part. Levein can't do anything about that. If a goal had come from that mistake then it would've been Johansson's fault. I think some of the players need to take a bit of responsibility for themselves. Another player who disappointed me tonight was Williams. Surely as a creative midfielder he doesn't have to be told to make runs into the area when the ball is played to the wings? Or even make a run into space when a fellow midfielder has possession? Surely Joey Gudjonsson doesn't have to be told to pass the ball to the left wing when their's two of his team mates in space? A lot of the players are letting themselves down with some schoolboy standard football which I don't think you can blame Levein for entirely. Three players that come out of the game with credit from me are Henderson, Stearman and McCarthy. Henderson made a few decent saves and his decisions of when to come and when to stay were good. I wouldn't be afraid to keep him in for the forseeable future. At times Stearman was our most attacking player down the right and he was playing at right back. Unlike most of the midfielders, he wasn't afraid to run at the opposition with the ball at his feet. And finally I thought McCarthy looked more like his old self. He looked like he was taking pride in his performance, something I don't think Johansson does a lot. Most of this team tonight were young men or adult men who have been playing football at a good level for a few years and I think they need to start thinking for themselves a little.

I still feel that the players on the pitch are making some silly mistakes that are putting themselves under pressure. You can criticise Levein for many things but I can't see how he can be criticised for some aspects of our play tonight. If a former Premiership defender, Johansson, decides to let the ball bounce in his own area with a striker right behind him then that's poor judgement on his part. Levein can't do anything about that. If a goal had come from that mistake then it would've been Johansson's fault. I think some of the players need to take a bit of responsibility for themselves. Another player who disappointed me tonight was Williams. Surely as a creative midfielder he doesn't have to be told to make runs into the area when the ball is played to the wings? Or even make a run into space when a fellow midfielder has possession? Surely Joey Gudjonsson doesn't have to be told to pass the ball to the left wing when their's two of his team mates in space? A lot of the players are letting themselves down with some schoolboy standard football which I don't think you can blame Levein for entirely. Three players that come out of the game with credit from me are Henderson, Stearman and McCarthy. Henderson made a few decent saves and his decisions of when to come and when to stay were good. I wouldn't be afraid to keep him in for the forseeable future. At times Stearman was our most attacking player down the right and he was playing at right back. Unlike most of the midfielders, he wasn't afraid to run at the opposition with the ball at his feet. And finally I thought McCarthy looked more like his old self. He looked like he was taking pride in his performance, something I don't think Johansson does a lot. Most of this team tonight were young men or adult men who have been playing football at a good level for a few years and I think they need to start thinking for themselves a little.

This sounds more like a coaching issue and the lack of 'instinct play' which you seem to hint at could be a result of overcoaching or strict instructions which are causing the players to question their instincts perhaps?

Actually, I don't know. Ignore me.. :P

This sounds more like a coaching issue and the lack of 'instinct play' which you seem to hint at could be a result of overcoaching or strict instructions which are causing the players to question their instincts perhaps?

Maybe, that's why I think Levein has started to sit in the stands. To stop himself from trying to tell the players what they have to do in every little detail. Some people though don't like to see managers sitting away from the action and I can understand that. I think Padd Mac played more freely tonight and it showed in his performance. When there was no-one in midfield to pass to, he didn't just lump it forward like some of the defenders have been doing, he took the ball forward himself. Much better than watching the midfielders pass it to each other in a straight line and them seemingly being unable to run towards the opposition goal.

I still feel that the players on the pitch are making some silly mistakes that are putting themselves under pressure.

You can criticise Levein for many things but I can't see how he can be criticised for some aspects of our play tonight.

I think some of the players need to take a bit of responsibility for themselves. Another player who disappointed me tonight was Williams. Surely as a creative midfielder he doesn't have to be told to make runs into the area when the ball is played to the wings? Or even make a run into space when a fellow midfielder has possession?

Surely Joey Gudjonsson doesn't have to be told to pass the ball to the left wing when their's two of his team mates in space? A lot of the players are letting themselves down with some schoolboy standard football which I don't think you can blame Levein for entirely.

Three players that come out of the game with credit from me are Henderson, Stearman and McCarthy. Henderson made a few decent saves and his decisions of when to come and when to stay were good. I wouldn't be afraid to keep him in for the forseeable future. At times Stearman was our most attacking player down the right and he was playing at right back. Unlike most of the midfielders, he wasn't afraid to run at the opposition with the ball at his feet. And finally I thought McCarthy looked more like his old self. He looked like he was taking pride in his performance, something I don't think Johansson does a lot. Most of this team tonight were young men or adult men who have been playing football at a good level for a few years and I think they need to start thinking for themselves a little.

I think tiatto made a huge mistake, but full credit, made up for it 2nd half. When is joey going to make a forward pass?

Craig pics the players.

Williams is wasted in football, hes an actor who wants to be a pop star, i love the way he staggers his walking as if in slow motion, and the care he takes with his hair style. Im suprised he doesnt do a beckham, flick one week, bold the next, the girls love it, and spielberg would take notice....oh sorry, back to the football ;)lol

You`ll have to speak with poster and moderator Ric flair about joey, he thinks the world of him and im exhausted the lack of ability within.

TOTALLY agree, hendo stearman (SHOULD ALWAYS START NOW) and macarthy were good/very good tonight. Think Hume was about best man.

johansons a rock, what are you onabout????

In the words on graham taylor alot of our players should "sieze that moment" in games and could well be brilliant one day.

Well, I dunno. If we can't afford to sack the man it's all immaterial anyway.

CL has reduced the outgoings through cutting the wages but he's now massively reducing our main source of income, ticket sales, by playing the dullest dullest football ever.

Theres a very good reason why we should wrap CL in cotton woll from what you`ve just said. This guy has brought in some potentially very good players, but on a very limited shoe string budget. Maybury and mdv for £75,000, WHO else could do that???

Maybe, that's why I think Levein has started to sit in the stands. To stop himself from trying to tell the players what they have to do in every little detail. Some people though don't like to see managers sitting away from the action and I can understand that. I think Padd Mac played more freely tonight and it showed in his performance. When there was no-one in midfield to pass to, he didn't just lump it forward like some of the defenders have been doing, he took the ball forward himself. Much better than watching the midfielders pass it to each other in a straight line and them seemingly being unable to run towards the opposition goal.

Im loving just about everything you say. Where have you been all my life? ;)

Have to agree with you Johnbluefox9.It is stupid players errors.This rests with them,not 'overcoaching'. And noone in mid field takes on some of these not so good defences.It took a good long probing run by Steerman late in the first half that gave him a shot on goal.I bet you any money in the world young Weso cant wait to get a run at those defences.The opportunities to do so last night,well he would have thought all his birthdays came at once.Both wWilliams and Joey did not take any advantage of this putting pressure on our team.Can't wait for Weso to slot in at Xmas.Will make a big difference.

I have every faith in CL, feck knows why at the moment but I wont slate him just yet. I said I would support him for a while yet and I dont go back on my word.HOWEVER last nights performance was truely shocking to watch, I bet the Brighton fans were loving it and were thinking they could win it in the end and if it wasnt for them being ever so slightly poorer than us (if that were possible) they would have.

I was up out of my seat a total of four times for the duration of last nights game FOUR FECKING TIMES!!!!! I know the Ref didnt help but still it was frustrating, I can see the majority of our lads have potential and it annoys nay frustrates the arse off me that they dont know how to use it or dont. CL must take most of the blame for this, tactically he hasnt got a scooby, whats going on? hes supposed to be the best up and coming young manager in the league at the moment (or rather he was!)

I dunno I was so bored in parts last night I had bluetooth on searching for stupid names in the crowd. I DIDNT PAY £200 ODD QUID FOR A SEASON TICKET TO DO THAT, I can go down the pub and do it, its cheaper!! Please sort it out CL I really want you and Leicester to succeed and I wont be happy with any CL OUT chants either, ive said before its not the answer.

CL wont be sacked, TIm Davies has loads of faith in him and what would Jon Barber do without him? ;) I am prepared to back him until Christmas and see whats occuring then, if, after Christmas we are still serving up the same clueless shite then ill re-evaluate my opinion.

Up the Citeh!

Henderson didn't fill me with confidence, hardly had anything to do but was slow in coming off his line and indecisive. I agree about Joey to an extent, there were times when i just wanted it given to Hume as he'd shown he's got the ability to make things happen and turn his man, but he was being marked tightly in fairness. Apart from that Joey was fine again, Wesolowski's a possible replacement but until then Gudjonsson is fine for me as Kisnorbo's the only alternative, and well...no thanks.

I definetly agree about the 4 central midfielders though, there were too many times when it was just far too narrow and Kisnorbo was mostly just happy to sit back on the left. We never looked like getting in behind them until Sylla came on because of that.

One of my main moans last night was how late Elvis came on, i mean some people near me said he was injured, does anyone know if that was the case? If he was then i'd have just put Dodds on the bench if he's fit, but if Elvis was fine then he should have been on much earlieras Hughes, Williams and Hume looked pretty tired.

I think tiatto made a huge mistake, but full credit, made up for it 2nd half. When is joey going to make a forward pass?

Craig pics the players.

Williams is wasted in football, hes an actor who wants to be a pop star, i love the way he staggers his walking as if in slow motion, and the care he takes with his hair style. Im suprised he doesnt do a beckham, flick one week, bold the next, the girls love it, and spielberg would take notice....oh sorry, back to the football ;)lol

You`ll have to speak with poster and moderator Ric flair about joey, he thinks the world of him and im exhausted the lack of ability within.

TOTALLY agree, hendo stearman (SHOULD ALWAYS START NOW) and macarthy were good/very good tonight. Think Hume was about best man.

johansons a rock, what are you onabout????

In the words on graham taylor alot of our players should "sieze that moment" in games and could well be brilliant one day.

I think the world of him do I? Then why did I slag him off to high heaven last season? I've never stated I love Gudjonsson i've simply stated that his performances this season have been excellent in a poor team and is a completely different player to last season.

You say he's average and I say on current form he's one of the best midfielders in this league, some would agree with me, some would agree with you. There is no biased views towards him on my part.

CL wont be sacked, TIm Davies has loads of faith in him and what would Jon Barber do without him? ;) I am prepared to back him until Christmas and see whats occuring then, if, after Christmas we are still serving up the same clueless shite then ill re-evaluate my opinion.

Up the Citeh!

TD will sack craig if ten thousand fans wanted him out, regardless of whether he`s good or bad, and TD would have no choice.

I definetly agree about the 4 central midfielders though, there were too many times when it was just far too narrow and Kisnorbo was mostly just happy to sit back on the left. We never looked like getting in behind them until Sylla came on because of that.

He was at LB, and we have TWO LB`s :rolleyes:

I think the world of him do I? Then why did I slag him off to high heaven last season? I've never stated I love Gudjonsson i've simply stated that his performances this season have been excellent in a poor team and is a completely different player to last season.

You say he's average and I say on current form he's one of the best midfielders in this league, some would agree with me, some would agree with you. There is no biased views towards him on my part.

Whats last season gota do with the now...love and excellent are huge dividing lines in your language ability then.

"one of the best midfielders in this league" lol explain to me how inventive he is, what skill he has, his leadership qualities, cos im watching a completely different player to who your seeing.

and when you say "some would agree with me", do you mean two or three ;)

Whats last season gota do with the now...love and excellent are huge dividing lines in your language ability then.

"one of the best midfielders in this league" lol explain to me how inventive he is, what skill he has, his leadership qualities, cos im watching a completely different player to who your seeing.

and when you say "some would agree with me", do you mean two or three ;)

If we had Carling OPTA stats in this league Gudjonsson would be near the top, he hardly ever gives the ball away anymore and makes a shit load of tackles. Inventive? I'd class him as a defensive midfielder and not a creative midfielder. There aren't many better defensive midfielders on current form than Gudjonsson in this league, it's a shame Williams and Hughes can't be as productive as Gudjonsson in the roles they are meant to play i.e. going forward.

when kisnorbo joined us i was under the impression he was a left back and he looked comfortable at the back but wouldn't go forward. I used to play football for a team and we recieved worldwide media coverage because we were the first team to sign an amputee and when kisnorbo was running forward he reminded me of this lad running with his false leg. Why the hell cant he run like a normal person is this a media ploy also are leicester the first team to offer a bloke with a false leg a pro contract it did make me laugh.

If we had Carling OPTA stats in this league Gudjonsson would be near the top, he hardly ever gives the ball away anymore and makes a shit load of tackles. Inventive? I'd class him as a defensive midfielder and not a creative midfielder. There aren't many better defensive midfielders on current form than Gudjonsson in this league, it's a shame Williams and Hughes can't be as productive as Gudjonsson in the roles they are meant to play i.e. going forward.

An excellent central defensive midfielder would NEVER give the ball away, but joey does regular. Yes he makes some tackles, which is a skill, you think hes excellent so he should be tackling for fun against teams like brighton and then distributing the ball with invention, but he doesnt do that, he passes the ball sideways and then sideways again, so hes not excellent, hes just your average CM.

Look at it this way, young wesolowski is what, 17, and hes better than a 27? year old player, weso hasnt played a first team proper game. Just shows you how average he is, and you havnt answered the following question, whats his leadership qualities?

An excellent central defensive midfielder would NEVER give the ball away, but joey does regular. Yes he makes some tackles, which is a skill, you think hes excellent so he should be tackling for fun against teams like brighton and then distributing the ball with invention, but he doesnt do that, he passes the ball sideways and then sideways again, so hes not excellent, hes just your average CM.

Look at it this way, young wesolowski is what, 17, and hes better than a 27? year old player, weso hasnt played a first team proper game. Just shows you how average he is, and you havnt answered the following question, whats his leadership qualities?

His leadership qualities? If everybody played with the enthusiasm and passion as Gudjonsson did we'd be alot better off. Simple

As for Wesolowski he's one of the best young prospects i've ever seen at this club and I think Gudjonsson has raised his game bacause of this. He knows his place is under pressure and he's been given a chance with Weso's injury and he's taking it.

Look mate we can argue about Joey all day long, but he has been our most consistent player. If you want to know what the rest of the fans think have a look at the player ratings they make each week. Gudjonsson is nailed on for one of the highest averages.

Archived