Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Reverend

Iain Hume

I would just like to congratulate Iain Hume on scoring his first first goal in a Leicester City shirt. If the other nine outfield players showed as much passion and commitment as Hume, then i am sure we would be somewhere around the play-off positions. Also, did the Hume-Hammond partnership work as i couldnt listen to or watch the game? Well done Hume though :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I would just like to congratulate Iain Hume on scoring his first first goal in a Leicester City shirt. If the other nine outfield players showed as much passion and commitment as Hume, then i am sure we would be somewhere around the play-off positions. Also, did the Hume-Hammond partnership work as i couldnt listen to or watch the game? Well done Hume though :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thats a big statement considering you wern't even at the game :rolleyes:

To be fair, I don't think I have seen as much commitment from Hume as people are making out. I think people are going on what they read when he signed for the club and overhyping it a bit on the pitch.

To be fair, I don't think I have seen as much commitment from Hume as people are making out. I think people are going on what they read when he signed for the club and overhyping it a bit on the pitch.

You might have a point there. Then again maybe Hume's commitment sticks out because he is surrounded by players such as MDV. No passion at all.

:angry:

You might have a point there. Then again maybe Hume's commitment sticks out because he is surrounded by players such as MDV. No passion at all.

:angry:

Are you for real?

MDV might not be the most graceful footballer at times, nor the sort of athlete ever likely to be associated with speed but you are what you are and I would NEVER accuse MDV of not trying.

In fact one of the reasons we forever notice his clumsiness is because he doesn't hide, he is always trying a little flick here, a nifty turn there and, sadly they don't all come off.

Williams is the anonymous one in the City side just now. No blistering shots, no telling passes, no last ditch tackles, no clever decoy runs. Nothing.

MDV's not perfect but he is committed and he's the best we've got at present for the job that he does. Did you notice his dummy for the Hume goal? Just enough to distract the Derby defender and give Humey space to score. It's not just on the ball you have to look.

And, in the little time he's been on the pitch Hume has ALWAYS showed more than willing, he's conjured a good proportion of chances and now, like Hammond, he's taken one.

City put the ball in the net three times in the second half. Only one should have been disallowed. That is much more like what I want to see and I'm not going to be critical because some arsehole of a linesman cannot do his job properly and gives a decision which, by definition is based on guesswork, not fact.

The FA should call him in for re-training. Unusually I have some sympathy with Levein over his claim that we were a bit unlucky Saturday. It is not easy to legislate for the officials doing you.

Hume/Hammond were poor in the first half.

Both were better after the break and Hammond took his goals well (even if they didn't count).

Are you for real?

MDV might not be the most graceful footballer at times, nor the sort of athlete ever likely to be associated with speed but you are what you are and I would NEVER accuse MDV of not trying.

In fact one of the reasons we forever notice his clumsiness is because he doesn't hide, he is always trying a little flick here, a nifty turn there and, sadly they don't all come off.

Williams is the anonymous one in the City side just now. No blistering shots, no telling passes, no last ditch tackles, no clever decoy runs. Nothing.

MDV's not perfect but he is committed and he's the best we've got at present for the job that he does. Did you notice his dummy for the Hume goal? Just enough to distract the Derby defender and give Humey space to score. It's not just on the ball you have to look.

And, in the little time he's been on the pitch Hume has ALWAYS showed more than willing, he's conjured a good proportion of chances and now, like Hammond, he's taken one.

City put the ball in the net three times in the second half. Only one should have been disallowed. That is much more like what I want to see and I'm not going to be critical because some arsehole of a linesman cannot do his job properly and gives a decision which, by definition is based on guesswork, not fact.

The FA should call him in for re-training. Unusually I have some sympathy with Levein over his claim that we were a bit unlucky Saturday. It is not easy to legislate for the officials doing you.

I agree with what you say about de Vries. I think he is the most hard working player we've got actually. Hume is just very quick and i think because of that people think he's putting loads of work in. I'm sure he is and i wish him loads of luck but i don't think he's as hard working as de Vries. de Vries misses lots of chances but he also gets very close very often. He does a lot on the pitch so we see him make more mistakes. Look at what he does good. He's scored 5 goals this year for a start.

I really like Hume, he's a special footballer and the club will be reaping the rewards soon. I think he's got the potential to score 15-20 goals a season, I was impressed with the way he was trying to get in the box when he didn't have the ball. Something that support players often don't do, so I think he can play the strikers role very well for us.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMME

Hume/Hammond were poor in the first half.

Both were better after the break and Hammond took his goals well (even if they didn't count).

Leicester were poor in the first half because we conceded the initiative at first and the team had it's work cut out coping at the back without having much chance of sustained well-supported attack.

I said these two strikers are too lightweight and inexperienced as front men to carry the line themselves. Once Smith was introduced to take a big chunk of weight off (people like him have to be double-bank marked) it made space for Hammond and when MDV came on there was space too for Hume to run into.

Was the point ever more blatantly illustrated?. Sometimes strikers are only as good as the support they get. Now we are showing signs that we have the players to give them the back up they need to find that vital bit of room.

Archived