Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Tough Choice

I know this is hard, so make sure your sitting down when you make your decision. Are you ready? Are you sure? Take a deep breath.......

Richard Stearman, Alan Sheehan, James Wesolowski, Iain Hume, Ashley Chambers, Ryan Smith

Or

Matt Heath, Chris Makin, Scott Gemmill, Nathan Blake, Trevor Benjamin, Kevin Pressman

Jesus it's hard, i'm going to have to sit on the fence here.

I know this is hard, so make sure your sitting down when you make your decision. Are you ready? Are you sure? Take a deep breath.......

Richard Stearman, Alan Sheehan, James Wesolowski, Iain Hume, Ashley Chambers, Ryan Smith

Or

Matt Heath, Chris Makin, Scott Gemmill, Nathan Blake, Trevor Benjamin, Kevin Pressman

It seems a more frightening contrast when you actually commit the names to print. Comparative/potential values? Akin to pure gold against bags of coal dust

Or

mmmm choices choices choices lol

It seems a more frightening contrast when you actually commit the names to print. Comparative/potential values? Akin to pure gold against bags of coal dust

That's not even me including any players in our team over the age of 21. These are all youngsters Levein is bringing through or has signed as part of his game plan.

If you include Stephen Hughes, Paddy McCarthy, Patrick Gerrbrand and Elvis there is another 4 players 24 or under.

That's not even me including any players in our team over the age of 21. These are all youngsters Levein is bringing through or has signed as part of his game plan.

If you include Stephen Hughes, Paddy McCarthy, Patrick Gerrbrand and Elvis there is another 4 players 24 or under.

I actually think that a younger squad has to be healthier for the club but at the minute I would love to see the guile of a Ferdinand and the effort of a Dickov or Thatcher. Older players who raised the crowd with their application.

We don't have that at the minute.

Youth is okay as long as it comes good. (fingers crossed).

Have we got enough of a blend? Sheff Utd have 7 players over the age of 30 in their squad and they're doing alright.

I actually think that a younger squad has to be healthier for the club but at the minute I would love to see the guile of a Ferdinand and the effort of a Dickov or Thatcher. Older players who raised the crowd with their application.

We don't have that at the minute.

Youth is okay as long as it comes good. (fingers crossed).

Have we got enough of a blend? Sheff Utd have 7 players over the age of 30 in their squad and they're doing alright.

I know what your saying and we are lacking a couple of reliable and instrumental older players, but our team was full of old players who were well past their best and didn't really give a shit.

Having a team full of youngsters isn't any better than a team full of old'uns unless they can turn out better in the end. The fact is we look healthier and in time i'm sure the results will provail, the signs are there.

I know what your saying and we are lacking a couple of reliable and instrumental older players, but our team was full of old players who were well past their best and didn't really give a shit.

Having a team full of youngsters isn't any better than a team full of old'uns unless they can turn out better in the end. The fact is we look healthier and in time i'm sure the results will provail, the signs are there.

Agreed.

:smile:

Just tell that to the Levein haters. He is changing our club for the better and it might take time. I have to say though that Matt Heath is better than McCarthy. 1 mistake by Levein. There's plenty of things he's got right though. Plenty!

Just tell that to the Levein haters. He is changing our club for the better and it might take time. I have to say though that Matt Heath is better than McCarthy. 1 mistake by Levein. There's plenty of things he's got right though. Plenty!

Matt Heath is not better than Paddy McCarthy. I know it's your opinion but if you asked anybody involved in football and they analysed their games and took other things in to consideration like potential, international caps, etc then Paddy would walk away the better player.

Matt Heath is not better than Paddy McCarthy. I know it's your opinion but if you asked anybody involved in football and they analysed their games and took other things in to consideration like potential, international caps, etc then Paddy would walk away the better player.

McCarthy makes loads of mistakes every game. He's crap! There are quite a few Leicester fans i know who agree with me that he is rubbish. It is my opinion and many other people's as well.

McCarthy makes loads of mistakes every game. He's crap! There are quite a few Leicester fans i know who agree with me that he is rubbish. It is my opinion and many other people's as well.

It is your opinion and I agree he makes mistakes but compared to Matt Heath he's phenomenal. Matt Heath cost us many points last season, I can't think of a McCarthy mistake that has cost us a goal this season. Although i'm sure he probably has.

Heath was void of any pace and his concentration levels were abysmal. Paddy has pace and although he's rash he also makes some great last ditch tackles and clearances.

Heath was good at set pieces, i'll grant him that.

Surely Paddy wouldn't be on the fringes of the Ireland squad if he was worse than Heath who only managed an England Under 21 call up because we played a game at The Walkers.

It baffles me when people say Heath was better than McCarthy. Maybe it's a bit of sentiment creeping in after all the nice things he said about us when he left. But not only is McCarthy 1 1/2 years younger than Heath, in my eyes he is ten times better. Heath was good at scoring a few from corners, occasionally he was good at heading defensively as well, but not enough for his height. He was painfully slow and needed to be told what to do every second he was on the pitch. McCarthy is more of his own player, sometimes that means he makes mistakes but most of the time that means he's more decisive and confident in what he does. He can pass it out of defence, unlike Heath who was incapable of keeping the ball on the floor, and is able to battle with the more physical players in this league. Paddy's passion for the club shows in his performances, while Heath was a proper Leicester lad I don't think he showed his love for the club in the same way and more often than not I found myself thinking 'aw bless' when he played and was bundled off the ball yet again, or tackled mid hoof. Yes McCarthy picks up a few bookings, but so did Walshie and that didn't make him a bad player! In fact when Walsh was first here a few people criticised him as well...

It baffles me when people say Heath was better than McCarthy. Maybe it's a bit of sentiment creeping in after all the nice things he said about us when he left. But not only is McCarthy 1 1/2 years younger than Heath, in my eyes he is ten times better. Heath was good at scoring a few from corners, occasionally he was good at heading defensively as well, but not enough for his height. He was painfully slow and needed to be told what to do every second he was on the pitch. McCarthy is more of his own player, sometimes that means he makes mistakes but most of the time that means he's more decisive and confident in what he does. He can pass it out of defence, unlike Heath who was incapable of keeping the ball on the floor, and is able to battle with the more physical players in this league. Paddy's passion for the club shows in his performances, while Heath was a proper Leicester lad I don't think he showed his love for the club in the same way and more often than not I found myself thinking 'aw bless' when he played and was bundled off the ball yet again, or tackled mid hoof. Yes McCarthy picks up a few bookings, but so did Walshie and that didn't make him a bad player! In fact when Walsh was first here a few people criticised him as well...

I never said the Heath was good. All i've said is that McCarthy is rubbish. In my opinion, he is! He gave away the penalty against Luton. There was no need to dive in like that. In the last home game he made 3 mistakes that i can remember. One where we nearly conceded because of it. He also, against Qpr (i think) booted the ball out of play as if he was under pressure from the opposition. They were nowhere near him. Big groan from the crowd around me. "Rubbish" everyone said. That is what i can remember but i know there are many more.

I never said the Heath was good. All i've said is that McCarthy is rubbish. In my opinion, he is! He gave away the penalty against Luton. There was no need to dive in like that. In the last home game he made 3 mistakes that i can remember. One where we nearly conceded because of it. He also, against Qpr (i think) booted the ball out of play as if he was under pressure from the opposition. They were nowhere near him. Big groan from the crowd around me. "Rubbish" everyone said. That is what i can remember but i know there are many more.

My post wasn't just aimed at you, but also the people on another thread who said they would take Heath over McCarthy...

I most certainly don't think McCarthy is rubbish though.

The penalty against Luton didn't change the result of the game, it was deep into injury time and we were already 1-0 down. The only part of it I'd blame McCarthy for is the short back pass that let in the Luton player, however Johansson does this all the time so it's not as if doing such a thing makes someone a bad player. You say there was no need to go 'diving in' but if he hadn't tried to do something the player would have had an open goal and scored anyway, at least he was trying to stop the goal. And I don't think he was as rash as you suggest, he was going for the ball he was just late.

As for putting it out of play when he wasn't under pressure, have you never heard of 'if in doubt boot it out'? Not the most sophisticated method of defending but preferable to conceding a goal. He clearly thought there was some danger and no-one on the pitch told him otherwise so he put it out of play, I'd rather him do that than just stand about when he thinks someone is about to latch onto a ball and start an attacking move. Just because the people around you said 'rubbish' doesn't mean he is, most of the people who sit around me at matches are morons.

My post wasn't just aimed at you, but also the people on another thread who said they would take Heath over McCarthy...

I most certainly don't think McCarthy is rubbish though.

The penalty against Luton didn't change the result of the game, it was deep into injury time and we were already 1-0 down. The only part of it I'd blame McCarthy for is the short back pass that let in the Luton player, however Johansson does this all the time so it's not as if doing such a thing makes someone a bad player. You say there was no need to go 'diving in' but if he hadn't tried to do something the player would have had an open goal and scored anyway, at least he was trying to stop the goal. And I don't think he was as rash as you suggest, he was going for the ball he was just late.

As for putting it out of play when he wasn't under pressure, have you never heard of 'if in doubt boot it out'? Not the most sophisticated method of defending but preferable to conceding a goal. He clearly thought there was some danger and no-one on the pitch told him otherwise so he put it out of play, I'd rather him do that than just stand about when he thinks someone is about to latch onto a ball and start an attacking move. Just because the people around you said 'rubbish' doesn't mean he is, most of the people who sit around me at matches are morons.

I completely respect your opinion. I don't see Johansson do short back passes. I said he shouldn't have dived in because the situation was under control. The Luton player would not have scored. The whack out of play wasn't near the penalty area at all. It was near the half way line. Maybe i'm being harsh but he is definetely the worst centre back we have.

Come on now, Heath was a terrible footballer. I'm not letting sentiment influence my opinion. He lacked concentration, pace and skill in abundance.

Defensive headers were usually weak and lacked distance, his passing was awful and he was far too quiet/submissive.

Or

lollollollollol i love you, your the only moderator with worth chatting with, not only are you clever, honest but funny too, if i could give you a kiss :)

Hope i can make you smile soon.

lollollollollol i love you, your the only moderator with worth chatting with, not only are you clever, honest but funny too, if i could give you a kiss :)

Hope i can make you smile soon.

Hark at you!

Our squad is so much better in so many ways now, it's so frustrating that we're in a similar position after seemingly improving the playing line up so much but I'm sure with time we will see the benefits.

Come on now, Heath was a terrible footballer. I'm not letting sentiment influence my opinion. He lacked concentration, pace and skill in abundance.

Defensive headers were usually weak and lacked distance, his passing was awful and he was far too quiet/submissive.

Fine. McCarthy is worse though.

Or

Don't be ridiculous.

Les Ferdinand, Ben Thatcher, Paul Dickov, Marcus Bent, Steffen Freund, Jordan Stewart, Ian Walker, David Connolly

OR

Rab Douglas, Patrick Kisnorbo, Mark de Vries, Nils Johansson, Momo Sylla...

Don't be ridiculous.

Les Ferdinand, Ben Thatcher, Paul Dickov, Marcus Bent, Steffen Freund, Jordan Stewart, Ian Walker, David Connolly

OR

I think you're being ridiculous!

That top team is mostly a premiership team! We are not a premiership team.

Don't be ridiculous.

OR

You've only included 5 players from Levein. That's unfair.

By the way, I wasn't trying to make the statement that all of Adams signings were crap. I was just making the point that the squad looks in better shape than this time last season with some excellent youngsters coming through the ranks.

I don't think there's any denying Adams made some good signings the year we were in the premiership, but they were all short term signings and we were back to square one perhaps even worse when we went down and they all left us.

Archived