Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

This morning the world hates us .....

Right decision ?   

308 members have voted

1. 1. Was this the right call

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

It was a massively difficult call, probably the most difficult the owners will ever have to make. No Leicester fan wanted it to come to this, but we've shown zero signs that we knew how to get ourselves out of it over the last 2 months. I think it's the right decision, but it still broke my heart.

As you say, it's up to the players now- no excuses, time to roll your sleeves up, put the graft in and get us out of this mess. I'm hopeful we can, because we've got a group who have got themselves out of worse.

It's a completely unique call to have to make. No one has ever had to make a desision like this at ANY football club EVER. So who is anyone to mock and deride the club for making it? When it's all said and

done it was the only RATIONAL desision.

If you performed beyond everyone's wildest expectations at work you'd get a pat on the back and a pay rise and told to keep it up. If you then turned to complete shit the next year you would likely be dismissed no?

im not expecting us to carry on

overachieving I'm expecting us to perform to an acceptable level given the invenvestment. 

41 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

And I've been fairly clear on that too - no manager tells his team to just give up once they're on the pitch. So it's down to the players - either Ranieri lost them or they were arrogant enough to think we're too good for relegation to be a worry. Either way it's on them.

The players were mentally shot. Claudio couldn't get the right reaction out of them. We've played the same shit football all year and Claudio consistently said that performances were okay and simply luck was not on our side. A few of the players themselves didn't seem to know what was wrong when asked, so clearly Claudio hadn't been addressing anything or offering worthwhile advice to them.

38 minutes ago, Goober said:

The players were mentally shot. Claudio couldn't get the right reaction out of them. We've played the same shit football all year and Claudio consistently said that performances were okay and simply luck was not on our side. A few of the players themselves didn't seem to know what was wrong when asked, so clearly Claudio hadn't been addressing anything or offering worthwhile advice to them.

Repeatedly last season he played down claims of a title challenge, and he defended referees when they cocked up (see arsenal away). What he says in public and what he'll have been saying in private are very different. He didn't hang the players out to dry in press conferences, but you can be certain he'll have been at them behind closed doors

Archived