Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

This morning the world hates us .....

Right decision ?   

308 members have voted

1. 1. Was this the right call

19 hours ago, Kaewbudda said:

It's called loyalty and gratitude.

WHAT HAPPENED TO LOYALTY OF THE TEAM SPORTS PSYCHOLOGIST & TEAM PERFORMANCE-CONDITIONER.. THEY PLAYED AN EXCELLENT ROLE IN LAST YEAR'S WINNING SETUP... WHY WAS HE SACKED?

WHERE WAS THE GRATITUDE??

I really don't give a sh*t what fans/pundits of other clubs think. Most of them are hypocrites or attention whores aka Savage or Piers Morgan.

They laughed and derided us when we appointed Ranieri, they laughed and joked we'd never win the league and they laugh and deride us with some faux outrage now we've sacked him (even though when they see us with their own eyes they see we're terrible and getting worse). They'd also laugh and joke if we were relegated with Ranieri; saying we were back where we belong.

Some of the tactic's, formations and substitutions have been baffling this season and if the owners asked the players (and they were as perplexed as others) - I don't blame them for being honest - it doesn't make them snakes. Anyone in the ground when Huth went off against Chelsea could see the confusion and the players screaming at Ranieri as they didn't have a clue what was going on - or starting Musa over Gray in Seville. But they've also let themselves down - none have performed to last season's standards - even if bad man-management has been a factor.

Just like Ranieri wasn't the sole factor in last season's success, the players aren't the sole factor in this season's demise. I'll sing any song in Ranieri's honour on Monday but I'll also back the players and Shakespeare and sing any song for them. I hope we get out of this mess and Ranieri gets a statue in the near future.

29 minutes ago, brucey said:

That article includes this paragraph. Surely a parody?

By RHYS LING, Sun Wine Critic

THE shop where the Leicester chairman bought his booze haul is a favourite with wine connoisseurs such as myself.

Take its 1995 Sine Qua Non Tant Pis, a steal at £19,600.

Only 72 sets of this Californian red were ever made. It was the perfect complement to my breakfast cornflakes.

Or there’s the £12,100 Colgin Herb Lamb Vineyard Cabernet — a cheeky 1993 vintage with notes of cherry and a peppery, dry finish.

I don’t mind telling you it got me p***ed as a fart and tasted almost as nice as the Pot Noodle I had it with.

Disparaging what one cannot obtain, as in The losers' scorn for the award is pure sour grapes. This expression alludes to the Greek writer Aesop's famous fable about a fox that cannot reach some grapes on a high vine and announces that they are sour.

Now that I looked up where does title expression come from, that Sun piece suddenly became sophisticated...

I say well played Mr Ling! lol

1 minute ago, erlee said:

WHAT HAPPENED TO LOYALTY OF THE TEAM SPORTS PSYCHOLOGIST & TEAM PERFORMANCE-CONDITIONER.. THEY PLAYED AN EXCELLENT ROLE IN LAST YEAR'S WINNING SETUP... WHY WAS HE SACKED?

WHERE WAS THE GRATITUDE??

Stupid comparison! They're backroom staff and it's always been up to the manager who he retains. There's a big difference between a manager who wins a league title, and a shrink and fitness coach FFS! 

1 minute ago, Kaewbudda said:

Stupid comparison! They're backroom staff and it's always been up to the manager who he retains. There's a big difference between a manager who wins a league title, and a shrink and fitness coach FFS! 

But he's right in pointing them out. It is a team effort. Sometimes you do live by the sword and die by it. Maybe this year would've gone differently had the bed been made differently. It's sad, because even as a club when we think it can only get better, it somehow, some way gets worse. However, there are no saints in this ridiculous saga. 

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

A lot has changed in nine months, but anyone not angry with the players at this season hasn't been watching, they've been gutless and pathetic, openly rebelled against Claudio (remember him going mental and signalling to keep the ball on the floor only for them to hoof the moment the ball came back into play).

yes, we adored them 9 months ago but their disgusting on pitch attitude has seen all good will gone as far as I'm concerned. With the exception of four or five of those that play (ndidi, Amartey, grey, chilwell, schmeichel), they can all leave this summer.

The problem is that the players hoofing the ball to nobody, more often then not, were Huth, Morgan, Drinky & Albrighton, the very players that Claudio picked every game. He had ample time and 2 transfer windows but stuck with these hoof ballers. The man's gone so no point going through all of this again, but the players, coaches and manager are all collectively responsible for our position. Nobody comes out of this smelling of roses.

19 hours ago, Kaewbudda said:

A manager wins the EPL ..and the manager who can;'t egg out a goal for 2017..  worst stats for 2017 in the British league all divisions.

So i guess you;re right - he gets the chop.

I'm sure it's been said but I genuinely couldn't give a flying **** what the world thinks of us. Why should we? 

Oh look, Michael Vaughan has said he wants us to go down, WHO CARES. Just because the bloke supports a side that hasn't won anything in colour, the level of ignorance from neutrals has been overwhelmingly embarrassing. It's sad, it's horrible, absolutely NO City fan wanted Ranieri to go like this - but it had to happen. This is our worst run in nigh on 30 years, what was a revered club in terms of sports science, psychology, recruitment, has been torn apart - this had to happen.

Do I give a **** what some two bit jobsworth who writes for a football blog called something like "A Game of Two Halves" has to say? Do I ****. Do I care about my football club? Yes.

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I'm sorry but I've got a question for these opposition fans. The lurkers, the haters. Seriously would like an answer to this. 

How many of you would like Claudio as your next manager. Man U fans? How about Arsenal? Liverpool - you guys couldn't win a league, he does deliver? 

Im guessing the answer is none of them. Why? Because as sad as it is, we collapsed and the manager takes the hit. All these fans of other clubs who are up their on their pedastool should remember that.

Most idiotic things people say is if Ranieri finished 15th last season he'd still be in a job which is completely untrue. Swansea finished 15th and sacked 2 managers this season. 

There do many imbeciles out there. 

Just now, Koke said:

Most idiotic things people say is if Ranieri finished 15th last season he'd still be in a job which is completely untrue. Swansea finished 15th and sacked 2 managers this season. 

There do many imbeciles out there. 

Yes. Every story needs a hero and every story needs villains. Claudio fits the hero tag and no one outside of the KP shall hear anything different.

Sunderland sacked Martin O'Neil for **** sake.

Newcastle sacked Sir Bobby Robson!

Liverpool sacked Rafa Benitez after he made average players like Carragher, Smicer, and Biscan Champions league winners.

Arsenal fans threw Bruce Ricoh under a bus and not to mention the insults they throw at Wenger.

Man United sacking LVG the day after winning the FA Cup.

Chelsea sacked Ancelotti after winning the double and in sorry where was their compassion for Di Matteo?

Man City well the list here could go on and on. 

This is just a selection but all fans of these disgusting two faced clubs as well as the others not worth mentioning, have made a controversial all decision or two because it suited their club. Just like this suits ours. Don't fall out of love with your club for any one person. And certainly not for the tin pot neutral who could give two shits about us.

3 minutes ago, erlee said:

A manager wins the EPL ..and the manager who can;'t egg out a goal for 2017..  worst stats for 2017 in the British league all divisions.

So i guess you;re right - he gets the chop.

Hmmm... not sure what your point is. Because we haven't scored a league goal, he should have been... sacked?

Are we in the relegation zone? Are we still in the Champions League? Can managers sometimes go through a rough patch? Should the architect of one of the finest sporting triumphs the world has ever witnessed been given more time to try and turn things around?

After winning the league he deserved to see the season out. Yes form was poor but that sometimes happens with football teams. If Pearson was given until the end of the season why not Ranieri? 

Worth remembering that it took Sir Alex Ferguson 7 ****ing years to win his first league championship with Man U. In the modern era, there is no way he would have been given that much time to bring success to the club. 

>> Are we in the relegation zone? Are we still in the Champions League? Can managers sometimes go through a rough patch?

1)yes we're in the thick of the relegation zone..& more importantly - our downward momentum is the greatest. our players' state of mind/play is the worst

2)we are in the CL - but everyone can see the next match will be our last

3) rough patch ain't teethering on relegation and having the worst goal difference in the british football league

winning the epl & dropping to the championship with seemingly zero fighting mentality is not acceptable.

we don';t mind losing but not like this. 

7 hours ago, Kaewbudda said:

It's called loyalty and gratitude.

I would have loved him to have a job for life, but there's just so much at stake in the modern game. We spent 10 years trying to get back into this league, and going down would cost the owners hundreds of millions, never mind the lost revenue on their brand from dropping out of the limelight. 

I think the majority could see the way it was going- go down feebly, lose Ranieri anyway (or after a few games next season when we have a poor start), have a flash sale of our better players to clear the wage bill, rebuild and be back where we were 5 years ago. And given our recruitment over the last couple of windows, I wouldn't back us to put a successful championship side together any time soon.

The sports science and psychology were massive parts of our success and they have been dismantled. It's not just a bad run of form- the league winning club has been evaporating before our eyes, and that's why he had to go. That's also why fans of other teams just don't get it. I've seen plenty say 'oh well look at Burnley, they kept Dyche and came back up'- yeah, because they still had that structure which brought them success in place to build on again. We would have gone down and done a Villa, chucked some big money signings at it and wondered why we kept losing like the prat in the fable trying to build his house on the sand. 

As much as our owners like football and have invested in our culture, first and foremost they're businessmen, not Leicestarians. From their perspective- why would they risk that sort of financial loss for loyalty, seriously? 

6 hours ago, Kaewbudda said:

Hmmm... not sure what your point is. Because we haven't scored a league goal, he should have been... sacked?

Are we in the relegation zone? Are we still in the Champions League? Can managers sometimes go through a rough patch? Should the architect of one of the finest sporting triumphs the world has ever witnessed been given more time to try and turn things around?

After winning the league he deserved to see the season out. Yes form was poor but that sometimes happens with football teams. If Pearson was given until the end of the season why not Ranieri? 

Worth remembering that it took Sir Alex Ferguson 7 ****ing years to win his first league championship with Man U. In the modern era, there is no way he would have been given that much time to bring success to the club. 

I love your type of optimism, but let's get real here.

We're currently the worst form team in the league, if not in the Football League. This is not just a "bad patch" - this is highly concerning. We're tumbling faster down the steps than you can say "Halt!". The downward spiral had to be stopped, and it's usually the manager who has to pay the price for continuous failure, no matter what his real responsibility was and regardless of the fact that you go down as a team. It's easier to sack one man than it is to sack 20 at once. Surely you get that? It's only a logical process - albeit in our case, a rather tragic one.

We're one point above the relegation zone.

We're closing in on elimination from the Champions League after an abysmal last three matches (Copenhagen away, Porto away, Sevilla away - some would say the rot started even earlier and we were lucky to win against Bruges at home).

We've been eliminated from the FA Cup by a League One team which had a man less on the pitch for 40 minutes!

I've hardly ever seen such a collective collapse on the pitch during such a prolonged period of time. The whole unity, joy, fighting spirit has slowly, but steadily been sucked out of this team and even if you don't like the measure, something had to be done.

I'll be looking forward to the summer and a mass player clear-out. No one can be save, no one can be spared - if they don't want to be here, get rid. Identify the troublemakers, get rid. After all the praise they received last season, they can do one if they think they're bigger than the club or can enjoy such special liberties or rights.

Let's not forget SAF was also close to getting the sack at one point in his early days at Manchester United. He was lucky to have a board of directors that supported him and let him build a squad according to his needs and wishes. In today's football market, that's a luxury you seldomly can afford.

And with most people, not just, but especially with Asians, when things go tough you want to save face. Our owners wouldn't have been able to bear the shame of relegation. So, sentiment aside, they had to pull the trigger.

12 hours ago, The Doctor said:

A lot has changed in nine months, but anyone not angry with the players at this season hasn't been watching, they've been gutless and pathetic, openly rebelled against Claudio (remember him going mental and signalling to keep the ball on the floor only for them to hoof the moment the ball came back into play).

yes, we adored them 9 months ago but their disgusting on pitch attitude has seen all good will gone as far as I'm concerned. With the exception of four or five of those that play (ndidi, Amartey, grey, chilwell, schmeichel), they can all leave this summer.

You're going way OTT. I get that emotions run high with people, but to slate the players in a manner that makes them look sinister and evil is paranoid.

You're insinuating that they're not trying on purpose, that they are so skilled that the only way their poor performances can be explained is by sabotage. If that's what you really believe, then I won't be able to change your mind.

Just now, shen said:

You're going way OTT. I get that emotions run high with people, but to slate the players in a manner that makes them look sinister and evil is paranoid.

You're insinuating that they're not trying on purpose, that they are so skilled that the only way their poor performances can be explained is by sabotage. If that's what you really believe, then I won't be able to change your mind.

Not what I'm saying at all. What I'm angry with is the lack of effort and application - something I've never seen from these players before. Losing games, being second best - I can handle that, I was 7 when MON left, most of my life we've been second best. What I cannot tolerate is players not putting in effort, and skill doesn't come into that, as Hume and co showed. So many of the performances have been so lazy and insulting it's reminiscent of Roman Bednar.

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

I would have loved him to have a job for life, but there's just so much at stake in the modern game. We spent 10 years trying to get back into this league, and going down would cost the owners hundreds of millions, never mind the lost revenue on their brand from dropping out of the limelight. 

I think the majority could see the way it was going- go down feebly, lose Ranieri anyway (or after a few games next season when we have a poor start), have a flash sale of our better players to clear the wage bill, rebuild and be back where we were 5 years ago. And given our recruitment over the last couple of windows, I wouldn't back us to put a successful championship side together any time soon.

The sports science and psychology were massive parts of our success and they have been dismantled. It's not just a bad run of form- the league winning club has been evaporating before our eyes, and that's why he had to go. That's also why fans of other teams just don't get it. I've seen plenty say 'oh well look at Burnley, they kept Dyche and came back up'- yeah, because they still had that structure which brought them success in place to build on again. We would have gone down and done a Villa, chucked some big money signings at it and wondered why we kept losing like the prat in the fable trying to build his house on the sand. 

As much as our owners like football and have invested in our culture, first and foremost they're businessmen, not Leicestarians. From their perspective- why would they risk that sort of financial loss for loyalty, seriously? 

Very sound reasoning. Yes, you are right; the business and commercial aspects of the game are hugely important. I suppose what it all boils down to is whether or not you thought Ranieri could keep us up. The owners obviously felt, for a range of reasons, that CR wouldn't be able to secure our survival. Tough call, but they have the right to make it.

Regarding the infrastructure of the club, the sensible choice is to bring back Pearson. His coaching staff are there and if what you say is true, he can reestablish all of those things that were taking place in the background, which enabled the team to deliver so successfully on the pitch. Or if not Pearson, a more adventurous and attack-minded coach who can get the best out of our players. With a new approach, we should be able to score more goals and pull away to safety. Well that's how the reasoning goes and I must admit it sounds very plausible.

We'll never know whether Ranieri could have kept us up. But now that he's not there, the players don't have the excuse that it was his methods which caused the dip in results. Over the next few months, we'll find out just how good these players really are.

4 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

Very sound reasoning. Yes, you are right; the business and commercial aspects of the game are hugely important. I suppose what it all boils down to is whether or not you thought Ranieri could keep us up. The owners obviously felt, for a range of reasons, that CR wouldn't be able to secure our survival. Tough call, but they have the right to make it.

Regarding the infrastructure of the club, the sensible choice is to bring back Pearson. His coaching staff are there and if what you say is true, he can reestablish all of those things that were taking place in the background, which enabled the team to deliver so successfully on the pitch. Or if not Pearson, a more adventurous and attack-minded coach who can get the best out of our players. With a new approach, we should be able to score more goals and pull away to safety. Well that's how the reasoning goes and I must admit it sounds very plausible.

We'll never know whether Ranieri could have kept us up. But now that he's not there, the players don't have the excuse that it was his methods which caused the dip in results. Over the next few months, we'll find out just how good these players really are.

It was a massively difficult call, probably the most difficult the owners will ever have to make. No Leicester fan wanted it to come to this, but we've shown zero signs that we knew how to get ourselves out of it over the last 2 months. I think it's the right decision, but it still broke my heart.

As you say, it's up to the players now- no excuses, time to roll your sleeves up, put the graft in and get us out of this mess. I'm hopeful we can, because we've got a group who have got themselves out of worse.

For all the criticism the owners have faced (plenty of it over the top), they were left with a straight choice- backing a manager who had lost key players and went to them with their grievances or change something to see if it improves.

I'd have preferred the players to go but that won't happen so the only logical thing is to change manager. And I imagine it was an extremely difficult decision for them. However, they needed to act because relegation affects so much. 

The world will move on in time, but we should focus on what we want, not outsiders.

40 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Not what I'm saying at all. What I'm angry with is the lack of effort and application - something I've never seen from these players before. Losing games, being second best - I can handle that, I was 7 when MON left, most of my life we've been second best. What I cannot tolerate is players not putting in effort, and skill doesn't come into that, as Hume and co showed. So many of the performances have been so lazy and insulting it's reminiscent of Roman Bednar.

Which you've said now possibly a hundred times?

The question is 'why'? That's the crux of this matter.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

I don't think they've looked lazy, as in they couldn't be arsed. They look like they don't have the belief they've had for the past two years. Confidence and belief are futile and not something individual players are in control over. I believe that their mentality is still a fighting one, but that doesn't necessarily mean performances stay at acceptable levels. 

I don't think Ranieri took appropriate measures to deal with this group crisis. He was perfect last season, deflecting positive pressure, but this is a different challenge and it seemed obvious he had run out of answers.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Which you've said now possibly a hundred times?

The question is 'why'? That's the crux of this matter.

And I've been fairly clear on that too - no manager tells his team to just give up once they're on the pitch. So it's down to the players - either Ranieri lost them or they were arrogant enough to think we're too good for relegation to be a worry. Either way it's on them.

I couldn't give a flying fcuk what non LCFC fans think, I do find them annoying, because I'd rather be watching something better (relative to football matches about to be played) than some hypocritical 2 faced cnut cnuts on TV spouting their vitriolic hatred of our club. I support the sacking, as sad as it may be, as I doubt that I would live long enough to see us climb back into the Premier League if we get relegated....of course that may still happen, but I feel our chances of staying up will improve without Ranieri.

Archived