Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

This morning the world hates us .....

Right decision ?   

308 members have voted

1. 1. Was this the right call

Man United are playing in the League Cup final on Sunday, so the media will be back talking about their favourites by then thank god. Sort of wish we were playing on Saturday at 3pm with everyone else so there'd be less spotlight on us, the whole world will be watching and giving us shit on Monday night, hope we win 5-0 and shut the wankers up.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Erm, so you don't remember the mental amount of pundits coming out with guff like 'they can't win it because they're Leicester' and other equally insightful sentiments deep into the season when it was clear that we were going to make a decent fist of it?  We may have been the most popular but we were also the most written off champions, yes it seems paradoxical but it's true.  You can't be surprised at the ignorance we're seeing now given how much we've always had to deal with even as obvious title challengers.

No. I remember Souness seething during Sunderland away but mostly everyone turned after the Etihad.

People doubting a team with Wes Morgan and Robert Huth at CB could win the title isn't "disdain". People are allowed to say "I don't think Leicester will win the title" without it being some massive slam.

I would suggest the vast majority of neutrals openly wanted us to win. ****ing hell I mean the Chelsea team were desperate for us to win it lol

I'm getting messages bordering on abuse from friends and colleagues and had someone saying to my face this morning he can't wait for us to go down.

And my response: 'Not bothered what you think, because when Claudio has taken us to the lower half of the Championship you won't spare a second's thought for Leicester and we'll be left picking up the pieces. I'd rather be hated and stay in the PL'

Not much anyone can say to that.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We weren't loved, you actually searched the Internet for opinion before he got sacked. 

Full of people sneering and laughing at our downfall, with most wanting us relegated to "put us in our place". Telling us we're a disgrace to the name champions.

The only ones who love us, is us... the rest don't care. They aren't going to be bothered if we go down.

Well said.

I got the sense that plenty want us to go down so that the title-winning season is further cemented in lore as some sort of divine miracle where average players had the season of their lives, where a good manager became great for a season, and where the world watched a little city in the East Midlands become the centre of the footballing, and perhaps the sporting, world.

You're right. We're the only ones who love us and will always do so, as Champions of England or as National League also-rans.

I was very angry last night. But after sleeping on it, I get why the owners did it. I'm at odds with myself a bit because I'm furious that Ranieri didn't get the whole season but I understand that relegation could set us back years. It's an emotional time, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We weren't loved, you actually searched the Internet for opinion before he got sacked. 

Full of people sneering and laughing at our downfall, with most wanting us relegated to "put us in our place". Telling us we're a disgrace to the name champions.

The only ones who love us, is us... the rest don't care. They aren't going to be bothered if we go down.

Here here

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I'm getting messages bordering on abuse from friends and colleagues and had someone saying to my face this morning he can't wait for us to go down.

And my response: 'Not bothered what you think, because when Claudio has taken us to the lower half of the Championship you won't spare a second's thought for Leicester and we'll be left picking up the pieces. I'd rather be hated and stay in the PL'

Not much anyone can say to that.

Ditto! From the most loved club to the most hated. Close friends not so close friends, sending messages hoping we will get relegated

Interesting debate. Two questions:

Do you think Leicester will ever win the League again?

Do you think Leicester will never get relegated again?

My view, for what it's worth, is he shouldn't have been sacked. He won you the league. You haven't bee relegated. You're still in the Champions League.

Mark Hughes has done bugger all at Stoke but is under no threat of being sacked. Maybe winning the League wasn't such a great thing after all.

Anyway, just my opinion and irrelevant I suppose. I don't mind Leicester (apart from Joe 'who?' Waters) and hope you stay up.

2 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

The problem was Claudio was loyal to players that let him down massively, I hope when the new man comes in, he gets the heads up about who the trouble makers are, and gets them out the side.

There are some players I wouldn't want to see in a leicester shirt again, and looking at Okazaki twitter and him loving Claudio has been sacked, I will start with him, does he not realise that he doesn't play because he cannot stand up and he's shit.

I just think these average players should have treated Claudio better, and after last season, worked their socks off for him, but the have hid.

Wrong person sacked, but right decision for the club as something had to change, and we can't sack all of the sulking pricks, who pretend they are professional footballers, their lack of effort, and lack of commitment to the manager, club and fans is anything but professional 

If that is true about Okazaki then he should be shown the door along with any others that couldn't be arsed to play for the manager that gave them riches beyond their dreams - Ulloa for one, can you imagine a donkey like him ever winning a League medal in any other circumstances than what happened last year - he would be lucky to start for Sunderland right now

31 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

a) half the team is different. We don't have any wing backs for a start

We have mostly the same players available in this squad.

b) we played 3-5-2 once this season against the best team in the league

You're missing the point entirely. You cannot say the players do not wish to play a different formation, when they were more than happy to before.

As for playing it this season, yes we did play it once. In the middle of player 4 formations in 5 games. Which itself is laughable, as nobody is going to get used to the formations that quickly. I'm sure they would rather stick to 442 rather than some half arsed attempt at fixing it by chucking darts at a board with loads of formations on ever game.

19 minutes ago, QPRfan said:

My view, for what it's worth, is he shouldn't have been sacked. He won you the league. You haven't bee relegated. You're still in the Champions League.

Mark Hughes has done bugger all at Stoke but is under no threat of being sacked. Maybe winning the League wasn't such a great thing after all.

Anyway, just my opinion and irrelevant I suppose. I don't mind Leicester (apart from Joe 'who?' Waters) and hope you stay up.

Forget winning the league, winning the league has nothing to do with it. If we'd finished 15 last season I would be furious with this season. I don't expect us to be top, or top 6 or much else. But I expect better than the tripe that's being served up right now. We're so bad that relegation is nailed on without any sort of change (it may still be).

The owners had to do what was best for the football club and have to be devoid of sentiment or loyalty. what matters most is that this club must stay in the premier league and Claudio WAS going to take us down. the owners have invested a hell of a lot of money and it is in their interests to do whatever it takes to keep us up. these are professional business people who have long term plans for Leicester City and who want the best for the club.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The press can absolutely **** off. The parasites are delighted.

Took the piss out of us for hiring him, said he'd **** it up the whole way through the title campaign, have ripped us apart all this season and yet now want to get morally superior because he's gone.

Apparently, according to the media, the only honourable thing to do was relegate ourselves out of loyalty.

I loved Claudio and I'm devastated he's gone, I do feel he's been betrayed by the players. But in the context of football in 2017, anyone that doesn't sympathise on some level with our owners is an absolute cretin.

I don't see many of our fans, actual sensible season ticket holders, denying something needed to happen. We're mostly all sad to see him go but I think we all know we were getting relegated if he stayed.

Top and Vichai can change managers and maybe save the club tens of millions of pounds, they can't change the playing staff right now can they?

I don't like it but I understand it and the press acting like its completely unheard of and a new low that they can't understand makes me violently sick. Absolutely scum.

Pat Murphy was laying into our owners last night on 5Live. As a journo I'd expect him to do a bit of research of what they have done for the club and he'd see they're not trigger happy owners. This decision was not taken lightly. 

All the people who mocked our hiring of Ranieri are now slagging us off for firing him. 

Leicester City and the owners are getting hammered in the papers and on radio & TV over the weekend. 

Sound decision ...    respect the man for all he did but he had to go.   We are fookin embarrassing at the moment !!    Was more bothered when NP left to be honest.     Today ...   more bothered about the damage Doris did to my trees ...        but will love Claudio for ever ...    (and the pilot that got us down at Birmingham yesterday in one piece).   

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Pat Murphy was laying into our owners last night on 5Live. As a journo I'd expect him to do a bit of research of what they have done for the club and he'd see they're not trigger happy owners. This decision was not taken lightly. 

All the people who mocked our hiring of Ranieri are now slagging us off for firing him. 

Leicester City and the owners are getting hammered in the papers and on radio & TV over the weekend. 

Pat Murphy is a complete muppet

I love Claudio for what he did last season it was truly magical and will live forever in the memory but this season has been so bad! in the league anyway. the recruitment has been woeful and the players brought in none have improved the team by any means. his tactics and management style have been bizarre at times and the players were clearly zoning out and were fed up and not listening anymore.

he clearly couldn't motivate the players and the players couldn't understand what he wanted them to do!

46 minutes ago, QPRfan said:

Of course he should have been sacked, just watch any of our recent performances we are the pits at the moment (bar Man City game) No need to worry....Ian Holloway won't be on our list again lol

I understand the reaction from the media. It's like kicking your Grandad out of the house and making him live in the shed. 

But it is all sentiment. It is with a heavy heart that I accept that he has to go.  The results simply have not been good enough. 

Even Ferguson/Wenger/Klopp/Mourinho would struggle to ride out this run of from.

1 hour ago, QPRfan said:

Your view is irrelevant mate. Just like the rest of the world.

The only view that counts is that of our fans.

If we stayed with Claudio and went down (which opposition fans have been singing to about to us with glee for a couple of months now) then we are a laughing stock.

If we dare change our manager we are hated, but we have a chance of survival.

Id rather be hated as a Premier league team than laughed at as a championship team.

And as for QPR........

52 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I understand the reaction from the media. It's like kicking your Grandad out of the house and making him live in the shed. 

But it is all sentiment. It is with a heavy heart that I accept that he has to go.  The results simply have not been good enough. 

Even Ferguson/Wenger/Klopp/Mourinho would struggle to ride out this run of from.

Agree with this, we had to do something and unfortunately we can't get rid of 7 or 8 players (at the moment) 

It's better to be hated than irrelevant. We'll be irrelevant if we go down. 

If if any hate needs to be dished out it should be towards the players. It's they who are mostly responsible for the mess we're in, not the owners or the fans.

They've betrayed the club with their half-arsed performances this season and their 'legends' tag is quickly evaporating. If Claudio is to suffer the ignominy of being sacked for his failings, they should certainly be treated with contempt for theirs.

3 hours ago, shen said:

How can you rip into the players (who were the main protagonists in last season's glory lest you forget) and absolve Ranieri of blame? .

I dont absolve Ranieri of all blame, he made mistakes, but I cannot believe for one second that his tactics involved them stopping pressing, playing with each other or showing the slightest bit of a damn. That's on them.

Ultimately I'll be proven right either way - they start trying again and it's clear they stabbed him in the back, the collapse continues and it's clear the problems ran deeper. Just a shame it's such a pyhrric victory.

Archived