Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

This morning the world hates us .....

Right decision ?   

308 members have voted

1. 1. Was this the right call

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I'd rather not fiddle whilst Rome burns in an attempt to look like you're doing the right thing.

In principle I agree, but the transfer window was a disaster (and reading between the lines that's Rudkins job) and it's impractical to sack the players - so we either hope that the fiddler can pull something out or we go fetch some moron with his crappy lute. (There's a third option - we appoint someone like bielsa, he takes us down then bombs out 90% of the squad - and that's the best option now)

Who would we be doing the "right thing" by exactly, if we stuck with him? We looked absolutely nailed on to go down, I'm not sure that's even being discussed from what I can tell. So it's not the best thing for the club, the players, the owners or me frankly to just accept relegation.

We are nailed on to go down now - I've no faith in a good appointment being made, and the problem (those ***** on the pitch) is still there. We're going on replacing the steering wheel when the engine is blown to bits.

I've not seen a single person give a footballing reason to keep him, nobody has put forward a football based argument on what we've seen this season. It's all about "Integrity" and seemingly doing the right thing by Claudio. How about doing the right thing for the owners, who have played a far bigger role in what we've done over the last 5 years or so.

Simple enough footballing reason-  he'sthe greatest manager we've ever had.

Honestly the media make you laugh and the sheep that follow there lead.  Last few weeks it's all been about how poor we are and a joke as defending champions. Now we have done something about It, the club are worse thing in football ever.  

To be fair to our owners they are loyal folk who or this would have happened at the start of the transfer window. 

Raneri was a great bloke and no doubt the team let him down some what too, but the buck stops with him and we are in free fall.  

Everyone else not associated with Leicester can quite frankly fvck off. I really couldn't care less what they all think. They all gave their two pennies worth before, during and now after his sacking and other than when it looked certain we were going to win the league, there always seemed to be an aura of negativity about it; 'little old Leicester'. 

I've learnt to take what anything the media says with a very tiny pinch of salt. 

I don't care if they love us or hate us because of the last 18 months. 

The owners sacking Ranieri now is a short-term painful hit for them. If we stay up, they're entirely vindicated in their decision and follows on from other tougher decisions they've had to make regarding managers/staff. The embarrassment of relegation (as champions) will be far more hurtful to them if they stuck with Ranieri and we'll then be remembered across the world for the ignominy of that. Clearly the owners saw it all going one way with Ranieri right now and everyone could see we were on a steep, downward spiral. The arguments with staff and the apparent inability to get the players going again has been his downfall and the players can take some responsibility for that. I really feel he's also been let down by transfers and recruitment and without wanting to make this a 'Rudkin Out' speech, I do hope that he shoulders some responsibility internally for last summer onwards.

I've kind of calmed down from the initial shock of last night after hearing the announcement though. Obviously deep down I think we all wanted Ranieri to get out of this mire and turn it around. Quite frankly, though, other than Vardy's goal on Tuesday night, we looked nowhere near like saving ourselves. It was probably only out of honour and respect to Claudio that they gave him the Sevilla game.

Regarding the press/media, fvck them. So many bitter and sour journos/radio presenters/pundits etc selling themselves out just to get some attention. Always have been like that, always will be. 

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

In principle I agree, but the transfer window was a disaster (and reading between the lines that's Rudkins job) and it's impractical to sack the players - so we either hope that the fiddler can pull something out or we go fetch some moron with his crappy lute. (There's a third option - we appoint someone like bielsa, he takes us down then bombs out 90% of the squad - and that's the best option now)

We are nailed on to go down now - I've no faith in a good appointment being made, and the problem (those ***** on the pitch) is still there. We're going on replacing the steering wheel when the engine is blown to bits.

You've got no faith they'll make a good appointment? The last two managers they signed got us promoted to the Premier League, kept us up there and then won us the ****ing thing. Pretty flawless track record to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Oh... so why we doing so badly playing some of the worst football I've ever seen? What's he shown THIS season?

Because the players are unprofessional dickheads. They're to blame for this season, even more so far the failed tactical changes (they won't play anything but 4-4-2 and how dare he try to do them some good); and I'd be pretty pleased if all bar 5 or 6 were gone this summer 

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

We were showing no signs of avoiding relegation. Hull and Swansea looked pretty nailed on to go down prior to sacking their managers, yet look how they're doing now with just about the same players.

How can you rip into the players (who were the main protagonists in last season's glory lest you forget) and absolve Ranieri of blame? 

Maybe he's the best manager we've had, but based on this season he's been much less than mediocre and I don't see how you can deny that.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Oh... so why we doing so badly playing some of the worst football I've ever seen? What's he shown THIS season?

No offence, but there is no point in discussing this with the Doctor. He's banged he same drum for weeks (months?)..as we've drifted down the league, playing some quite terrible football, with clueless tactics, little leadership etc.

It is as if he just can't grasp that yes, the players are to blame, but yes, so is Ranieri for making a bollox of managing the situation.

Ive tried to explain this, I've failed..I've given up.

Just now, indierich06 said:

You've got no faith they'll make a good appointment? The last two managers they signed got us promoted to the Premier League, kept us up there and then won us the ****ing thing. Pretty flawless track record to be honest. 

It was going to Lennon until Ranieri applied, and hes a disaster. Pearson was a good appointment but let's not forget he was forced out for them in the first place

The rest of the world can hate us all they like, but it's our club not theirs!

I was shocked and saddened when I heard the news last night but in the cold light of day I can't help but think it is the right choice. Claudio will rightly be remembered as our greatest ever manager and loved by City fans until the last game our club plays but something had to change or we were heading down without even attempting to fight. No one is saying Ranieri was the only one to blame but it was the only thing that could change and quite frankly he has made some bizarre decisions of late and you can understand why the players started to question him. 

Its a sad day but it had to happen. Thank you for everything you did for us Claudio but something had to change.

Just now, The Doctor said:

Because the players are unprofessional dickheads. They're to blame for this season, even more so far the failed tactical changes (they won't play anything but 4-4-2 and how dare he try to do them some good); and I'd be pretty pleased if all bar 5 or 6 were gone this summer 

Really, because they played 352 without any issues previously, they bought into that well and it worked. Perhaps he's not going about it the right way of getting them to buy into a new formation. Lets face it, his attempts at a formation change were nothing short of comical and I didn't see many people buying into it on here after the fourth formation in 5 games.

We probably are still doomed, but he's not the long term answer if he's not capable of keeping players on side. That's part of the job of a manager, if he's not got their respect then there will be a reason why.

Haven't Millwall spent the last couple of decades being sneered at for their 'no one likes us and we don't care' approach? I've always quite liked not being a club thought of in that way. 

I'm not particularly interested in what other fans think and it's no reason to keep a manager, but it's hardly anything to wear as a badge of honour either. Everyone thinks we're a classless club mock where they once applauded our wonder season, caveating every compliment with a tedious remark about it being tainted by disregarding the manager. Trebles all round! I quite liked being the neutral's favourite, no one surely wants to be thought of as a club that doesn't do things the right way (even if in this instance we have). 

As sad as it is that he's been sacked I don't give a crap what other people think. Even those fans who are basing their current opinion of a team on the performances of 9 months ago and previous to that. Not one fan can argue to me we've been good enough this season. We've played well once. Once. 

If you'd been at home and away games this year you'd have season you'd have seen a number of reoccurring events which weren't one offs - and it is the managers duty to do something about that.

Youd have seen Danny Simpson incapable of kicking a football in the direction of any of his team mates. You'd have seen Morgan and Huth shouting at each other every 10 minutes, while we as fans prepare to watch one of them make their inevitable Sunday league level mistake often leading to a goal. 

You'd see Christian Fuchs in the week all over social media looking happy as Larry, promoting his clothing line amongst other things, before putting in a performance where he truly looked as if he didn't give a fuch.

You'd see Marc Albrighton doing shuttle runs up and down the pitch before failing to beat the first man with 95% of his crosses, with Danny Drinkwater strutting around next to him with a face like a slapped arse, failing to (even make an effort) make a forward pass. 

Youd see Okazaki falling over literally every time he receives the ball, and absolutely worst of all youd see Jamie 'OK' Vardy making no attempt to make sensible runs, either on or off the ball - leading to fans suggesting he had 'no service' - rubbish. The service of 100 thousand pounds a week should be enough to suggest he should try harder.

This is not entirely Ranieri's fault - but the buck has to stop somewhere. He's the man who leaves Chilwell, Benalouane, Amartey, Kapustka, Gray et al on the bench, whilst we have to sit through cringeworthy performances from the players who've achieved all they will in their career and have had enough. 

Ranieri, on the basis of performance and results had to go. Wrong as it may seem - that's just football. People will struggle to argue against that - however every Leicester fan up and down the land should have sympathy with this man. The greatest manager in the history of this club, truly let down by selfish, pathetic, weak players.  

5 minutes ago, 24HourVardyPeople said:

Haven't Millwall spent the last couple of decades being sneered at for their 'no one likes us and we don't care' approach? I've always quite liked not being a club thought of in that way. 

I'm not particularly interested in what other fans think and it's no reason to keep a manager, but it's hardly anything to wear as a badge of honour either. Everyone thinks we're a classless club mock where they once applauded our wonder season, caveating every compliment with a tedious remark about it being tainted by disregarding the manager. Trebles all round! I quite liked being the neutral's favourite, no one surely wants to be thought of as a club that doesn't do things the right way (even if in this instance we have). 

Nobody likes Millwall because they're known to be a bunch of racist thugs.  People have stopped liking us out of their own ignorance regarding our season so far ie. because they don't know what they're talking about and I'm fine with that.  It was a similar situation during our title challenge if you recall how much disdain we received back then.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

It was a similar situation during our title challenge if you recall how much disdain we received back then.

This is utter nonsense and revisionism.

We had the most support of any title challenger ever probably. Get a grip ffs

Just now, Babylon said:

You can't complain that they refuse another formation when there seemed no issue with it then.

a) half the team is different. We don't have any wing backs for a start

b) we played 3-5-2 once this season against the best team in the league

37 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Champions League it is then.

Anyone who's actually watched us consistently since the opening day of the season will surely have no complaints about this. We have been complete toss. The media and general public are thick and have no clue when it comes to this club. Hopefully we silence them by appointing the right guy and getting out of the mess that Claudio, sadly, has left us in.

1 minute ago, Wdywd said:

This is utter nonsense and revisionism.

We had the most support of any title challenger ever probably. Get a grip ffs

Erm, so you don't remember the mental amount of pundits coming out with guff like 'they can't win it because they're Leicester' and other equally insightful sentiments deep into the season when it was clear that we were going to make a decent fist of it?  We may have been the most popular but we were also the most written off champions, yes it seems paradoxical but it's true.  You can't be surprised at the ignorance we're seeing now given how much we've always had to deal with even as obvious title challengers.

Archived