Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

This morning the world hates us .....

Right decision ?   

308 members have voted

1. 1. Was this the right call

Guest bennytwohats

The sad thing is they are mostly right.

Claudio not being able to see out the CL games is pretty gut wrenching. He deserved at least that. We've turned from heros into villains. People want to see us relegated. I've seen enough to suggest that the feelings on here aren't representative of all Leicester fans (thankfully). Many of us are crushed that our club has lost its integrity in this decision.

If Jamie Carragher, Michael Owen, Robbie Savage etc had a gleaming tooth that started to ache, which over time wouldn't go away and then became a painful abscess, would they go to the dentist and get it removed or allow it to fester?

We all know the answer.

if it affects you, not someone else, it's different.

Guest bennytwohats
28 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I still can't get my head around some of our fans saying he should have been given until the end of the season, even if it meant relegation.

I still can't get my head around some of our fans saying he should have been sacked, even if it meant relegation.

51 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It will pass. I remember the media world kicking off when Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea last season.

Getting a decent manager in and staying up will certainly help our cause though! 

If we go down anyway, then I can see many feeling justified in their new found hate for us. Stay up, and a lot may realise a change saved us and was a smart move in the end. 

We're going to have egg on our faces then as if we go down what was the point in changing manager and if we stay up it just proves the players got him sacked for disgraceful half hearted performances 

Who cares about what others think?

We have always been a rather unknown force, a sometimes belittled grey mouse with a rollercoaster past in the grand scheme of things for years and decades.

Try to ask any outside football fans when we were in the Champions League the last time - they couldn't remember because they don't care.

As long as we care and we continue to support the club, who needs bandwagon jumpers and fairweather fans?

This poll is not really good as no one can say whether it was the right call until 2/3 months down the line.

My view:

Yes it is very disrespecting to sack someone that did so much for the club

but on the counter

The players don't want to fight for him and he was struggling to get the best line up for games together. We were only ever heading one way.

Let's all breathe and see what happens over the next few months. Of course we will never know what would have been with Claudio but we can judge in May if this was a decision that backfired or not.

Thank you Claudio for what you have done, he leaves with his head held high and the players are now under pressure to show something. Afterall, they are to blame for what has happened, no one else.

47 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The press can absolutely **** off. The parasites are delighted.

Took the piss out of us for hiring him, said he'd **** it up the whole way through the title campaign, have ripped us apart all this season and yet now want to get morally superior because he's gone.

Apparently, according to the media, the only honourable thing to do was relegate ourselves out of loyalty.

I loved Claudio and I'm devastated he's gone, I do feel he's been betrayed by the players. But in the context of football in 2017, anyone that doesn't sympathise on some level with our owners is an absolute cretin.

I don't see many of our fans, actual sensible season ticket holders, denying something needed to happen. We're mostly all sad to see him go but I think we all know we were getting relegated if he stayed.

Top and Vichai can change managers and maybe save the club tens of millions of pounds, they can't change the playing staff right now can they?

I don't like it but I understand it and the press acting like its completely unheard of and a new low that they can't understand makes me violently sick. Absolutely scum.

It's all about the headline. Take John Percy for example, pretty much agreed with the decision on Twitter... his article is tinged with stuff that makes out it's awful though.

Other clubs fans will always sit on their high horses until it happens at their own clubs (Arsenal & Wenger for example) 

Last season we was loved because we was the little club everyone could connect to doing the unthinkable that everyone dreams of their club achieving, this season everyone would prefer to see us do shit anyways. 

Media and pundits jump on the bandwagon! Chelsea was scum of the earth last season, this season they are all hanging out their arse again. They will always go with the majority audience to keep everyone happy rather than looking at the facts. 

Basically, who gives a shit if people hate us... we have managed just fine without the neutrals support so sure we can manage now. 

The world is a sad state of affairs. As much as people love a winner, they also love it when that winner falls from grace and will pick at anything and everything in order to find a reason to hate. 

"Theres no loyalty left in football anymore" -> fvcking bullshit

there are many fans on here who are beyond loyal to this club(much more than me I must add). Following the club through thick and thin, all across the country. At the end of the day its the fans that deserve the best not the managers or the players. I will always struggle how people cannot grasp this concept. In what world do they think that us fans are happy in the current situation we are in. The media/other fans slate us week in week out about our performances yet when we change the one variable we can change they slate us even more. Couldnt give a fvck what others think tbh. I will either take it as them being jealous or unknowledgable so domt give a shit what they say about us

Lets put it this way... I wake up this morning for the first time in probably 3 months thinking we might have a chance of staying up. So, yeah... really gutted some armchair fan somewhere thinks we're terrible.

It's sad, but Claudio will be sat in the Rome sunshine sipping an expresso any moment,  with his first league title and god knows how many millions in the bank and will be part of one of the biggest stories in history. His legacy will be here forever and the fans will always adore him for his part in the story.

It's funny how everyone has become an expert in what a 'minnow club should do with their league winning manager'. We've literally seen some of the worst, lacklustre football I've seen us play for ages. It is relegation bound football. Winning the league, no matter if it is little Leicester or massive Manchester United, there are priorities that need to be achieved. We need to achieve staying up and we wasn't going to do that with Ranieri.

The club can't get relegated, 'just because' we won the league. Our long term plan is always to be considered a solid premiership team. A decision had to be made, I think it was just a month too late. 

Just now, Babylon said:

Lets put it this way... I wake up this morning for the first time in probably 3 months thinking we might have a chance of staying up.

Conversely I'm convinced we've now got no hope at all. Even still, integrity and class are important - and we've got none of it now. There's no silver lining here.

It's almost like... I don't care what the international community thinks?

Last year was magical but it was magical for people who have followed Leicester their entire lives, the rest are bandwagoners and opposition fans acting liked they'd care for more than a month after we actually won it.

It was opposition fans who sang "You're getting sacked in the morning" to Claudio and now they're surprised he's gone??? lollol 

If anything good comes from this it will be that all the Johnny two season bandwagoners who came for Prem football are finding any excuse to call us disloyal and jump off now the going's getting tough.

I really couldn't give less of a shit what anyone thinks about Leicester City to be quite honest, and I found all the fawning around the club last season to be patronising, nauseating and false. If this means that the status quo has been restored, then all for the good in my opinion. We're Leicester City fans. We've been there through thick and thin, who the **** are these people who think they deserve an opinion on how our club is run all of a sudden? Let them hate us. 

I really don't give a fvck what the world thinks. The world never cared about us when Pleat was here. Or when Taylor took us down.

Like glory hunters chasing pots the world was a fan last season. Everyone but spuds and arsenil and now they hate us.

So the world knows the club is run for us and our best interest's not yours.

So thank you for your support last season but the status quo has now returned.

So can you all now go and please FVCK YOURSELVES.

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Conversely I'm convinced we've now got no hope at all. Even still, integrity and class are important - and we've got none of it now. There's no silver lining here.

I'd rather not fiddle whilst Rome burns in an attempt to look like you're doing the right thing.

Who would we be doing the "right thing" by exactly, if we stuck with him? We looked absolutely nailed on to go down, I'm not sure that's even being discussed from what I can tell. So it's not the best thing for the club, the players, the owners or me frankly to just accept relegation.

I've not seen a single person give a footballing reason to keep him, nobody has put forward a football based argument on what we've seen this season. It's all about "Integrity" and seemingly doing the right thing by Claudio. How about doing the right thing for the owners, who have played a far bigger role in what we've done over the last 5 years or so.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Lets put it this way... I wake up this morning for the first time in probably 3 months thinking we might have a chance of staying up. So, yeah... really gutted some armchair fan somewhere thinks we're terrible.

It's sad, but Claudio will be sat in the Rome sunshine sipping an expresso any moment,  with his first league title and god knows how many millions in the bank and will be part of one of the biggest stories in history. His legacy will be here forever and the fans will always adore him for his part in the story.

That literally sums it up for me. That first paragraph, right there..

Archived