Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

This morning the world hates us .....

Right decision ?   

308 members have voted

1. 1. Was this the right call

As much as I hate that it's come to this, I'd rather be hated and have a chance of survival than be loved and go down for certain.

I mean, what have we really got to lose? even if we take a chance and get relegated, we were going down anyway under King Claudio, I'd rather take that chance.

1 hour ago, Ron Combo said:

The state of this.....

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 12.01.52.png

Cringe.

Imagine being so angry about another club and their decisions. I couldn't give two fecks about Everton. They could cease to exist for all I care. 

People outside Leicester are going apoplectic about this.

Personally I want people to like our club and the headlines are sad for us. I think we have a likable team with good fans with a big heart.
The lcfc PR spin was less than subtle Could they have tried..:

"Claudio leaves by mutual consent"

"Claudio takes on chairman role"

"Claudio resigns"

Instead we got the head-severing type headlines.

I won't vote in the poll because i'm split on the answer. On one hand, it was clear we were only going in one direction with Ranieri in charge. Something was clearly not right behind the scenes. If he stayed, we would almost certainly be going down. So in that sense, it was absolutely the right decision to sack him.

But on the other (slightly more sentimental side) the man did something nobody ever thought was possible. He took us to heights we never thought we would see. I think Paddy Power put it best last night when the news broke. They said something along the lines of "Ranieri could get Leicester 3 successive relegations and take a dump on the Chairmans desk and still wouldn't deserve to be sacked".

I don't envy the decision Vichai and Top had to make, or the backlash it is recieving throughout the football world. 

I truly believe them when they said it was a very difficult decision to make. What would any of us do if it was our money, reputation, potential embarrassment of relegation following a title win and club on the line? Loyalty or the chance to stay in the Premier League would not have been a decision they took lightly.

5 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

He was loved ..... we were loved 

we were the byword for the ability to over come any odds 

doing a Leicester .... meant achieving a great deal against the odds 

But now 

doing a Leicester means "disloyalty" "back stabbing" "greed" 

the question is for our reputation and goodwill was this sacking the right move ? 

Are you on the pipe ?

Two words ... Burton away. Is that what you'd trade over what some muppets think or what sells a few papers today. 

8 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

We're going to have egg on our faces then as if we go down what was the point in changing manager and if we stay up it just proves the players got him sacked for disgraceful half hearted performances 

Or it proves that Ranieri had slowly but surely been dismantling team spirit and confidence with his confusing tactics and training, such as having them train the morning of the FA Cup match against Millwall or changing to a 3-5-2 with no warning or real planning, just before the Chelsea League match or constantly not starting our most in form player in Gray.

I trust the owners would have taken a real hard look at the whole picture and been able to see what has been happening behind the scenes where none of us can see, and they have made a decision they probably didn't want to have to make, but felt they had to, to try keep us in the Premier League.

Claudio is certainly not without fault here and lets be honest, 8 months of shambolic form, 2 awful transfer windows and a reluctance to change anything. Even the result on Wednesday was more luck than anything. We saw the exact same back 4, shaky performance and wrong team selection again! Even after 8 months of it failing. How can we excuse that? 

Would I have sacked him, if I hadn't got anyone lined up? Probably not. However, I, like 99% of us have no idea what is going on behind the scenes but if the owners have decided to make a decision they know would cause outrage by the world, then they must have very good reasons! I trust their judgement and once the dust settles, we may hear more details of what really has gone on, and perhaps Claudio will not come out as so innocent in all this. 

28 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Or it proves that Ranieri had slowly but surely been dismantling team spirit and confidence with his confusing tactics and training, such as having them train the morning of the FA Cup match against Millwall or changing to a 3-5-2 with no warning or real planning, just before the Chelsea League match or constantly not starting our most in form player in Gray.

I trust the owners would have taken a real hard look at the whole picture and been able to see what has been happening behind the scenes where none of us can see, and they have made a decision they probably didn't want to have to make, but felt they had to, to try keep us in the Premier League.

Claudio is certainly not without fault here and lets be honest, 8 months of shambolic form, 2 awful transfer windows and a reluctance to change anything. Even the result on Wednesday was more luck than anything. We saw the exact same back 4, shaky performance and wrong team selection again! Even after 8 months of it failing. How can we excuse that? 

Would I have sacked him, if I hadn't got anyone lined up? Probably not. However, I, like 99% of us have no idea what is going on behind the scenes but if the owners have decided to make a decision they know would cause outrage by the world, then they must have very good reasons! I trust their judgement and once the dust settles, we may hear more details of what really has gone on, and perhaps Claudio will not come out as so innocent in all this. 

I know what you mean bud but I already give Ranieri his fair share of the blame for what's gone on so I don't need to hear stories of a witch hunt to make things more acceptable in fairness. Looking at things overall nobody is coming up smelling of roses in all this. We have as a club messed up big time by hey ho

onwards and upwards

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I dont absolve Ranieri of all blame, he made mistakes, but I cannot believe for one second that his tactics involved them stopping pressing, playing with each other or showing the slightest bit of a damn. That's on them.

Ultimately I'll be proven right either way - they start trying again and it's clear they stabbed him in the back, the collapse continues and it's clear the problems ran deeper. Just a shame it's such a pyhrric victory.

Heartless monsters those players we so adored less than 9 months ago, ey?

Ranieri was unable to solve the issues with performances. If it was misplaced trust, then it was still CRs shortcoming. No need for conspiratory bull.

6 minutes ago, shen said:

Heartless monsters those players we so adored less than 9 months ago, ey?

Ranieri was unable to solve the issues with performances. If it was misplaced trust, then it was still CRs shortcoming. No need for conspiratory bull.

A lot has changed in nine months, but anyone not angry with the players at this season hasn't been watching, they've been gutless and pathetic, openly rebelled against Claudio (remember him going mental and signalling to keep the ball on the floor only for them to hoof the moment the ball came back into play).

yes, we adored them 9 months ago but their disgusting on pitch attitude has seen all good will gone as far as I'm concerned. With the exception of four or five of those that play (ndidi, Amartey, grey, chilwell, schmeichel), they can all leave this summer.

NO SOUR GRAPES 

Leicester City chairman bragged of axing Claudio Ranieri during £500,000 wine spree

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha made boast to director of another Premier League club he bumped into in a posh store

THE owner of Leicester City bragged he was about to sack hero manager Claudio Ranieri as he embarked on a £500,000 wine spree, The Sun can reveal.

Club chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha made the extraordinary boast to a director of another Premier League club he bumped into in a posh store.

The Thai businessman — accused of ripping the soul out of soccer by axing Ranieri — was “all smiles” as he told of his shock decision.

His bill at Hedonism Wines in London’s Mayfair was double the £250,000 he spent at the same shop as a thank-you present for Ranieri for leading the Foxes to a 5,000-1 league title just nine months ago.

The jaw-dropping incident was confirmed by West Ham vice-chairman Baroness Karren Brady.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2951458/leicester-city-chairman-bragged-of-axing-claudio-ranieri-during-500000-wine-spree/

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

A lot has changed in nine months, but anyone not angry with the players at this season hasn't been watching, they've been gutless and pathetic, openly rebelled against Claudio (remember him going mental and signalling to keep the ball on the floor only for them to hoof the moment the ball came back into play).

yes, we adored them 9 months ago but their disgusting on pitch attitude has seen all good will gone as far as I'm concerned. With the exception of four or five of those that play (ndidi, Amartey, grey, chilwell, schmeichel), they can all leave this summer.

If the new manager has any sense he'll find the mutineers and they'll be shipped out so they may not have been so clever

I've supported LC for 50 years. Love you Claudio but this was totally the right decision. Forget the media and fans of other clubs who don't see the whole picture. We have been crap for months. Southampton away? Swansea away? Millwall away? Burnley away? Man Utd at home? The list goes on and on. Yes the senior players are probably as much to blame but we didn't  bring in decent reserves to replace them. Who's to blame for that? Add in confusing confusing tactics and a poisonous atmosphere at the club.  We were and maybe still are, heading down. Last season was unbelievable but it's in the past. Forget the media hype and trust the owners who have the clubs best interests at heart. Thanks Claudio you'll never be forgotten but we need to urgently change things now.

I'm sorry but I've got a question for these opposition fans. The lurkers, the haters. Seriously would like an answer to this. 

How many of you would like Claudio as your next manager. Man U fans? How about Arsenal? Liverpool - you guys couldn't win a league, he does deliver? 

Im guessing the answer is none of them. Why? Because as sad as it is, we collapsed and the manager takes the hit. All these fans of other clubs who are up their on their pedastool should remember that.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

"Ripping the soul of soccer", I love it lol You can always bet on The Sun being among first to throw the shit. Burn that hedonistic Thai axeman already!

I wonder what those people who vilify or laugh at Leicester now would tell if we went down with Ranieri. I've read countless comments of other clubs supporters wanting us to get relegated because by sacking the popular (they rarely mention "underperforming") manager the club is betraying "everything good there was left in modern football" (or something like that) or "it's all about the money now, they have no honour" etc

Oh, the staggering hypocrisy out there. 

All those self-titled football romantics who so eagerly fell in love with Leicester last season making us their "favourite second club"! Isn't it strange how eagerly they went from their adoration to hatred, wishing us swift relegation lol

Newsflash for those who care about other people's opinions: those poor deluded sods didn't really love us so much in the first place! What they did love was their projected IMAGE OF LEICESTER, "the Cinderella fairytale", not the real club. If they really cared about Leicester, would they wish their beloved to end up in the gutter? I don't think so. Seeing the magic is  long gone, they would want to replace our old fairy godmother with the new one, so hopefully Cinderella can pick herself up and wash all the crap from her dress.

And even IF Leicester will go down as they wish, so what? Who will ever forget Ranieri? Nothing and no one can take away last season from us. It will forever remain one of the greatest achievements in the history of sports and the epitome of the underdog tale. Neither the most vitriolic words nor the most condescending laughter can take that away.

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

NO SOUR GRAPES 

Leicester City chairman bragged of axing Claudio Ranieri during £500,000 wine spree

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha made boast to director of another Premier League club he bumped into in a posh store

THE owner of Leicester City bragged he was about to sack hero manager Claudio Ranieri as he embarked on a £500,000 wine spree, The Sun can reveal.

Club chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha made the extraordinary boast to a director of another Premier League club he bumped into in a posh store.

The Thai businessman — accused of ripping the soul out of soccer by axing Ranieri — was “all smiles” as he told of his shock decision.

His bill at Hedonism Wines in London’s Mayfair was double the £250,000 he spent at the same shop as a thank-you present for Ranieri for leading the Foxes to a 5,000-1 league title just nine months ago.

The jaw-dropping incident was confirmed by West Ham vice-chairman Baroness Karren Brady.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2951458/leicester-city-chairman-bragged-of-axing-claudio-ranieri-during-500000-wine-spree/

Cannot see this being true at all.

Completely against the character of our owners. Seems another story The Sun have made to sell their papers :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Cannot see this being true at all.

Completely against the character of our owners. Seems another story The Sun have made to sell their papers :rolleyes:

That article includes this paragraph. Surely a parody?

By RHYS LING, Sun Wine Critic

THE shop where the Leicester chairman bought his booze haul is a favourite with wine connoisseurs such as myself.

Take its 1995 Sine Qua Non Tant Pis, a steal at £19,600.

Only 72 sets of this Californian red were ever made. It was the perfect complement to my breakfast cornflakes.

Or there’s the £12,100 Colgin Herb Lamb Vineyard Cabernet — a cheeky 1993 vintage with notes of cherry and a peppery, dry finish.

I don’t mind telling you it got me p***ed as a fart and tasted almost as nice as the Pot Noodle I had it with.

Just now, brucey said:

That article includes this paragraph. Surely a parody?

By RHYS LING, Sun Wine Critic

THE shop where the Leicester chairman bought his booze haul is a favourite with wine connoisseurs such as myself.

Take its 1995 Sine Qua Non Tant Pis, a steal at £19,600.

Only 72 sets of this Californian red were ever made. It was the perfect complement to my breakfast cornflakes.

Or there’s the £12,100 Colgin Herb Lamb Vineyard Cabernet — a cheeky 1993 vintage with notes of cherry and a peppery, dry finish.

I don’t mind telling you it got me p***ed as a fart and tasted almost as nice as the Pot Noodle I had it with.

Ah fair enough, I didn't open the whole article lol.

Still another clickbait from them then :angry:

i noticed most polls in the nation backed CR..  80-20

but looks like fans & foxestalk has backed the club over the removal of CR

maybe the nation/non-foxes don't understand the club's predicament & the likely drop..maybe everyone thinks we'll just survive the drop:(

but i think most of us realised if the owners didn't make the brave step - we're going down 100%

What the owners need to do next - if we survive - is to remove some of the key players & we know who they are.

these players will remove the owners one day:blink:

Archived