Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'Cheap' android tablet.

I'm after a tablet with a fast wifi connection and an hdmi port.

Not too bothered about anything else as long as I can connect to a tv to stream via a vpn.

Any recommendations please post or if you have any other suggestions on how to achieve this.

Cheap = less than £150 if possible.

Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, GLC said:

Does it need to be android? if not, I've heard good things about the Linux1010 - £150 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Tablets/Linx-1010B-10-1-inch-Tablet-Black-Keyboard/B014D847FS

needs to be one of these

iOS, Android, Apple TV (Gen 4), Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and devices

26 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Don't want prime, does it let you stream via a VPN?

The footy from the USA, the app only works on those platforms listed,

So I'm  thinking an Android tablet  but because I want watch it on my tv I need to use an html link.

I can't use Chromecast because that won't work with a vpn stream as it's from  the US.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Don't want prime, does it let you stream via a VPN?

I've got an older version of the Kindle fire. I think you can only get Amazon apps on them so whether you can use the app you've got I'm not sure, apparently though you can get VPNs for them.

They're very good tablets for the money though. You don't have to have Prime.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I'll risk an Amazon Fire stick, seems like you can use a VPN and it's on the list I put up. It's also low risk price wise and if it doesn't work it should be useful anyway or I can resort to using Kodi on it.

6 hours ago, davieG said:

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I'll risk an Amazon Fire stick, seems like you can use a VPN and it's on the list I put up. It's also low risk price wise and if it doesn't work it should be useful anyway or I can resort to using Kodi on it.

You will need a version 2 firestick Davie. V1 stick won't run a vpn.

have you paid for a vpn subscription yet? I use VyprVPN on my stick as there is an app available through amazon. Easily to work and very reliable. Although I am just in the habit now of opening the vpn app to check it's on before I stream anything. It's not let me down since I subscribed. 

1 hour ago, stix said:

You will need a version 2 firestick Davie. V1 stick won't run a vpn.

have you paid for a vpn subscription yet? I use VyprVPN on my stick as there is an app available through amazon. Easily to work and very reliable. Although I am just in the habit now of opening the vpn app to check it's on before I stream anything. It's not let me down since I subscribed. 

Thanks for the advice

I've just ordered this so I hope that's V2

All-New Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player

https://www.amazon.co.uk/All-New-Stick-Remote-Streaming-Player/dp/B01ETRIFOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499702942&sr=8-1&keywords=All-New+Fire+TV+Stick+with+Alexa+Voice+Remote+|+Streaming+Media+Player

I'm signed up with cyberghost again hopefully that's ok if not I'll check out the one you suggest.

Archived