Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Name this Leicester team

38 minutes ago, 49er said:

Nope. If you were at Craven Cottage in 1983, along with your's truly, you would have seen him playing

Yes I was at that game. Another great awayday of that era, ranking up there with Orient in 1980.

I see that @Malabo Fox has answered Jeff Hopkins correctly. Wouldn't have got him myself but would have got an action shot of Ian Wilson hammering the ball home from 20 yards in front of the travelling thousands on the open terrace behind the goal. Great memories. :scarf:

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Yes I was at that game. Another great awayday of that era, ranking up there with Orient in 1980.

I see that @Malabo Fox has answered Jeff Hopkins correctly. Wouldn't have got him myself but would have got an action shot of Ian Wilson hammering the ball home from 20 yards in front of the travelling thousands on the open terrace behind the goal. Great memories. :scarf:

I think he actually mis hit the shot and it bobbled past Gerry Peyton. Always remember the roar that went up when Gordon Davies scored at the other end, the roar of their crowd, and then it being disallowed for offside - great memories

• Like 1

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

Jimmy Melia finally comes up after me going for him incorrectly on numerous occasions similarly to Gerry Sweeney and someone beats me to it! :D

Do you remember that he had a partner who was about twenty years younger, and we all thought 'what does she see in him?'