Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Sven

Sven  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Sven in charge for the world cup?

• Yes
    • No
    • Stop creating crap polls!

Yes, because if someone else came in now, it would be too late. the players would have to adapt to a new style, maybe a new formation, and even play with different players. There is more to the England job than the games. there is all the training routines etc.

If someone else came in now i dont think that we would do any better. The onyl man that would come in now would be Steve Mclaren and personally, i would like Sven to be there. But someone needs to have a serious talk about passion and football!!!

Yes, because if someone else came in now, it would be too late. the players would have to adapt to a new style, maybe a new formation, and even play with different players. There is more to the England job than the games. there is all the training routines etc.

If someone else came in now i dont think that we would do any better. The onyl man that would come in now would be Steve Mclaren and personally, i would like Sven to be there. But someone needs to have a serious talk about passion and football!!!

Thats a very good point, and I tend to agree with you on the things you are saying. But I just don't see England beating teams like Holland, Portugal, Germany, France, Brazil, Cezch Republic and others like that with Sven in charge. He doesn't fill me with confidence.

Did anyone see the article at the back of the Mail On Sunday's football pull-out? It was very good, written by the polish keeper that famously kept England from getting to the world cup once. Really hit home, everyone should read it should they get the chance!

Thats a very good point, and I tend to agree with you on the things you are saying. But I just don't see England beating teams like Holland, Portugal, Germany, France, Brazil, Cezch Republic and others like that with Sven in charge. He doesn't fill me with confidence.

Did anyone see the article at the back of the Mail On Sunday's football pull-out? It was very good, written by the polish keeper that famously kept England from getting to the world cup once. Really hit home, everyone should read it should they get the chance!

Your right, he doesnt! And thats why he needs a kick (not a strap on from Nancy) up the ass from the FA to tell him to get his act together and create some passion within the team!

However, we cant do much about itnow so i guess we are stuck with him!

I disagree slightly Hitesh

Totally hypothetical i know but imagine the enthusiasm Martin O'Neill would bring to the team his influence on players his passion for Football and just his attitude towards Football will increase the chances of England Winning the tournament in Germany.

I still think England have a chance but i think it will be another near miss, the talent is there but i dont think Sven has or will get the best out of the Squad

I also voted "Stop creating crap polls!" - Because there was an "I ain't bothered" option

lollollol

Just to clarify - I'm not taking the píss - I just ain't interested in international football - especially england - happier watching int'l cricket :]

I agree with you. I would like to see someone like Stewart Pierce brought in though, as an assistant (motivational) coach.

Although my gut feeling has been to detest having Sven as England manager (for any number of reasons which I have touched on briefly on this Forum) there was an interesting and well-researched pro-Sven article in Wednesday morning's Daily Express by Mick Dennis (page 68).

He points out that Sven HAS got us into the World Cup final stages just as he did in 2002 when so many of his predecessors were either abject failures or only qualified at the last gasp rather than with a bit to spare.

He has a point with that and he has a few more good points on top. So why do I still not like him?

Well, he's not English, and to my mind we should have English staff managing England players in an effort to win the World Cup for England. The whole set-up should represent England, not England with a bit of this and a bit of that.

Second, his demeanour. I know Sir Alf Ramsey, England's only World Cup winning manager, was anything but demonstrative but he WAS English.

Being represented by an outwardly introvert, dour, uncharismatic foreigner annoys me because he is fronting our nation. He is our representative on a world stage and I'd rather have someone who was English and who sold our image as dynamic, imaginative, exciting and a host of other things...

A Swedish manager representing England just doesn't seem quite right or fair. It's like having a Brazilian player. It's just not in the spirit of the thing.

Finally there's his psyche.

The 5-1 win over Germany in Munich was a memorable exception but, generally, I don't think he demonstrates an inner need to win with attacking, entertaining football which is what I WANT to see attempted by an England team.

I actually feel guilty not liking Sven's style of management and not liking the fact that he actually has the job because he HAS been relatively successful and very successful compared to almost every other England manager since 1966.

What's more he's deserved his success cos he's worked at it extremely hard and has been seen night after night for years watching football matches on our behalf.

And yet the bottom line is this. Ungrateful though it makes me, I still don't like him as manager cos, it's just not English is it. It's just not playing the game even though we're not breaking any rules. :(

Win, lose or draw, it is supposed to be an England team.

Archived