Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Mahrez v Gray. Gray v Mahrez

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I totally disagree!!

Gray and Mahrez lack maturity. There is no other excuse for their behavior. We can continue this thread for another 200 pages but the fact is that they both do not have sufficient respect for their team mates or the people who pay to watch them play.

As for work horses I am quite happy to celebrate the part they play in our team and with their pragmatism give a balance and foundation which is integral to any team.

The "water carriers" know what they can bring to the team, we need to understand that flair at its best is not defined by Gray or Mahrez, they just need to grow up!!

i didn't say that we should have 10 flair players, i just said that most english fans are ok with a player as long as he puts a shift in with an extra bit of "pashon"

4 hours ago, the fox said:

1-i consider messi the greatest footballer of all time but, you must be watching a different messi, he gives up on the play a lot (defensively), he rarely tracks a player down, he deosn't put in much of a defensive shift (just look at yesterday's game), ronaldo is better but he doesn't exactly put a great shift, plus, ronaldo is now more of a goals scorer than anything.

2-mahrez's game is built on agility, gaining a lot of weight won't do him good, but gray on the other hand, he won't be affected negatively because he has the right body for that training

3-like i said, gray has a stronger body that allows him to get into challenges, we don't train with the players so we can't know which one has the better work ethic

4-okazaki has 4 goals, riyad has 2 goals and 4 assists plus he was involved in another 3 goals (1 was an own goal, another was a shot that was deflected to shinji and another was a corner to harry to set up iborra). that's 9 goals that riyad was involved in

1. Correct in as much as I also don't see Messi as a great defender haha,  but on the occasions I've watched him he covers a lot of ground and as such is elusive, I think Silva is equally elusive and energetic at Man City for example. You fairly regularly see performances from those two that single handedly change a whole teams performance. Marhez in comparison is for 80% of many matches a damp squib.  Mind you Messi and Ronaldo are somewhat older and rumour in the Spanish media is that Messi's legs are going but I can't comment on that.

2. I wasn't suggesting Marhez bulks up but particularly last season he was typically knackered 10 minutes before half time and it wasn't through effort put in compared to his counterparts. On occasions, albeit just over the halfway line he'd be overtaken by his midfielders running from their own penalty area. He wasn't fit and that is why he was continually hoiked off in the second half.  In fairness I wasn't privy to his brief but he'd generally hang about and not contribute much in terms of movement off the ball. He's been better this season in fairness. As people have pointed out though, his continual tendency to overplay is frustrating and getting easier to read, a few quick and accurate passes to teammates  (which he's well capable of ) would be an asset.

4. Shinji I would think has had a lot less game time compared to Marhez. Yes, absolutely agree with people who say that Marhez can supply that special bit of magic that others can't but ..... it was rarely seen in evidence last year and is sparse this year. He's an enigma for sure and when he leaves it remains to be seen whether he can, with much more effort, hit the heights after the novelty of a new club wears off or whether he slithers off into obscurity.

Archived