Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Mahrez v Gray. Gray v Mahrez

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

i didn't say a bad thing about gray after the game on here, what i'm trying to say is, if you are trying to defend a player (which you should) just make sure that you don't point a finger and yell "hey, look! here is a player that i think is doing the same, but he does it worse, why aren't people picking on him"

to tell you the truth, i like you, koke, you are one of my favourite posters here, we share a lot of opinions but i must say that i disagree

you of all people should know that riyad was dragged time and time again for the past 12-16 months as if he was a professional mud wrestler. i can't believe that you actually think riyad wasn't one of the most slated players here. (if not public enemy number 1)

you got mad because people got at gray but, you had no problem going in on riyad yesterday

makeup your mind, you can't have both!

we all have our favourites, and it would be a real shame to start a gray agenda :ph34r:lol

To tell you the truth mate yesterday was the first time I got to Mahrez. I'm usually his biggest fans on here and almost never go harsh on him. The reason for that is Mahrez (and Gray) are our most creative players, and I value creativity and technique over pure workhorses  (Okazaki, Albrighton). I'm willing to oveelook their flaws because they're technically gifted players.

You are right Mahrez have been slaughtered on here but with Gray I feel people personally attack him and they genuinely hate him. 

I would start both of them for the next 10 games. I just wish they were less selfish like KDB and Hazard. 

People think I hate Okazaki but I don't lol I just think people overrated his abilities and think he is the answer to our problems, which he is not.

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

slim and kelechi catered to vardy's ego but gray doesn't do the same for riyad! weird isn't it :ermm:

Riyad is far far worse than Gray when it comes to selfishness with the ball.

What made Mahrez great a couple of years ago was his skill and scoring but moreso his incredible passes to Vardy to help the team win.

He was even unselfish enough to allow Vardy to take that penalty to extend his scoring run.

I miss that Mahrez.

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

Riyad is far far worse than Gray when it comes to selfishness with the ball.

What made Mahrez great a couple of years ago was his skill and scoring but moreso his incredible passes to Vardy to help the team win.

He was even unselfish enough to allow Vardy to take that penalty to extend his scoring run.

I miss that Mahrez.

i think it's fair to say that they are both selfish and keep it at that. they seem hesitant passing the ball back (partially because they think the defence will hoof it, and they aren't wrong)

someting is wrong with him and i don't know what is it, he pushed the ball upfield vs west ham but his final ball was lacking.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

To tell you the truth mate yesterday was the first time I got to Mahrez. I'm usually his biggest fans on here and almost never go harsh on him. The reason for that is Mahrez (and Gray) are our most creative players, and 1-I value creativity and technique over pure workhorses  (Okazaki, Albrighton). I'm willing to oveelook their flaws because they're technically gifted players.

2-You are right Mahrez have been slaughtered on here but with Gray I feel people personally attack him and they genuinely hate him. 

I would start both of them for the next 10 games. I just wish they were less selfish like KDB and Hazard. 

3-People think I hate Okazaki but I don't lol I just think people overrated his abilities and think he is the answer to our problems, which he is not.

2-it seems most english people do that to young english players, maybe because they think that they have it to easy, 

the same thing i said about riyad i will say about gray, flair players are the easiest targets. they shoulder most of the blame, people want barca quality in a leicester shirt from the flair players but are totally ok with work horses

see 1 and 2, i told you that we share a lot of opinions. lol

The thing I like about them both is that they rarely pass it back (perhaps because they rarely pass it). They always go forward.

One of the most annoying things about our play at the moment is that after we quickly play it forward the midfield or forwards then pass it backwards again.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

The thing I like about them both is that they rarely pass it back (perhaps because they rarely pass it). They always go forward.

One of the most annoying things about our play at the moment is that after we quickly play it forward the midfield or forwards then pass it backwards again.

i hate to point fingers but, having 2 technically challenged defenders (wes and simmo) can do that to a team. the amount of time wes or simmo passed it back to kasper instead of looking for another teammate or moving with the ball for a few yards to open space is killing the build up.

looking forward to the transfer window so a proper attacking RB can be here

Wish people would stop calling Wes and Simmo technically challenged defenders ...    They do their bit and put in a shift so that other mardy arsed ..   Sorry, talented ...   players can then do their bit.  And they have premier league winners medals at home too !

Guardiola's post Rijkard Barca syndrome here.

All pedigree aside, these two are behaving just like Ronaldinho, Ibra and Etoo were when Pep asked them to turn into supporting characters for Messi to hog the limelight.

And imho the roots to this situation are lying basically in the criminally imbalance shape of our squad. 

The 4-2-3-1 formation Puel is using should be working better than it is right now, yet the problem of not having a single one attacking midfielder to slot-in gets Vardy constantly isolated as a result. We still heavily resort to individual brilliance to create chances and make things to happen, there is the core of the Gray/Mahrez inuendo.

Mahrez is a talented flair player with a world-class fee of £40M tagged to him.

He knows more than anyone that in order to get his move next window, he will have to show up with a first tier statistics record, be it double figures in assists or goals.

I am adamant if a square pass to a goal would present itself, he would 100% of the time make it in order to improve his record, just like he did against Everton a couple of weeks ago .

Our new system produces hardly any clear cut chances to assist, and hoofing it forward is still being sussed-out by the opposition, hence why Mahrez resorts so much to being selfishly greedy.

The clock is ticking in his head : stuck at 2 goals and 4 assists with only a couple of games before boxing day and January window, he is trying too hard to capitalize when the opposition knows that tripling on him will nullify any threat.

I feel for Gray; being so talented at that young age, you would want to impress and come out of every game with a positive outcome, and not having to accommodate with a greedy teammate.

Puel has to earn his payroll and address that situation.

Chrisitano Ronaldo was a terrible wastefully greedy bastard in his early days at the Swamp, yet Slur Alex made him develop into an altruist killing machine.   

Gray and Mahrez playing together for each other should be the motto, not the over way around.

On 25/11/2017 at 14:57, hejammy said:

I do think that is a little harsh on Gray, he seems to be more of a "team player" compared to Mahrez, Mahrez's performance yesterday was diabolical, I can't remember him actually passing the ball to a team mate at all. To be world class you need to also know how to play with your team, he forgets this sometimes, my only thought is this his agent has told him that it's close to January and he needs to show other teams how good he is individually so to be as selfish as possible. 100% Gray has more of a future here than Mahrez so why not put more resources for him and give him more game time. Don't get me wrong, Mahrez on his day is unstoppable, however he's not really been playing for Leicester City since title winning season, since then mahrez has been playing for mahrez. 

their best game together came with Gray playing right wing allowing them both to swap, don't forget Gray played in Mahrez to cross for Vardy to score, ever since we've had Gray on the left wing, Riyad never wants to go out left so they don't swap over, get Chilwell back on the left wing and Gray on the right

Mahrez best player 2015-2016 ! 7 best world player ! Best africain player of the year ! No comment ! 2016-2017  : Leicester get more money then the winner of the champions leagues ! more then Real Madrid ( that’s last year ) a lot money for the club ! And he scored 4 He is in the  history of the club until few years ! You want him out just be cool and sale him ( maybe the boss knows better then us how mahrez is a good business ) between us don’t say Leicester is us Leicester is around the word we pay as much as you to watch games on TV ( you know why your clubs are rich now ?) WHU he lost 3 balls ( as a no 10 how much bulls  should he get ???  That’s the question !!! Leicester problem is we don’t have someone to pass ! Just watch Ibora &mahrez they are perfect both world class ) gray is awesome ! Get a new no 10 and play both mahrez and gray on side vardy Leicester will be unstoppable ! Best way to win is not definding no it’s attaking  and three of them are the best to make things happening ( again Leicester is not that club anymore it’s a world famous club . fans everywhere love Leicester 

17 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

If Mahrez was World Class the big boys would have moved heaven and earth to get him,only Roma made a bid,that tells you all you need to know.Will Barcelona,Real Madrid,Bayern & PSG come knocking in January,I don't think so!

你们不是什么人?

36 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

If Mahrez was World Class the big boys would have moved heaven and earth to get him,only Roma made a bid,that tells you all you need to know.Will Barcelona,Real Madrid,Bayern & PSG come knocking in January,I don't think so!

The club refused a bid from

barvelona !!! It was his dream after the club get the league should be released for his dream even for one million after all you get him for half !!! How the guy feels ?

2 minutes ago, Shanghai said:

barvelona !!! It was his dream after the club get the league should be released for his dream even for one million after all you get him for half !!! How the guy feels ?

History mad her self biggest bid that you  ever had 30 millions for a

Thenclub what else ! Records everywhere lol 

5 minutes ago, Shanghai said:

Just now, Shanghai said:

History mad her self biggest bid that you  ever had 30 millions for a

Thenclub what else ! Records everywhere lol 

why are you arguing with yourself and Leicester City never rejected an offer from Barcelona for Mahrez, the only one that thinks Barca were interested is his agent

54 minutes ago, Shanghai said:

Barca never bid for mahrez. The only club that came in for him was Roma and there offer was no where even close to what we were asking :) 

On Saturday, November 25, 2017 at 09:00, Kinowe Soorie said:

I can't remember ever disliking a Leicester player as much as I dislike Gray. I think his career will fizzle out due to his bad attitude and arrogance.

Hes in a young mans game, give him some lee-way first. Then after 2yrs lets see if he has wised up.  Also the experienced Players should welcome him more into the fold, with the coaching side, make him concentrate on that potential , and away from twitter and meanless interviews  , plus he should try to get home fans on his side before giving out ammunition for his critics.

On matchdays the fans should show him open support, also go that extra yard and really try to

Pick him up.

Against Spurs lets see that noise and emotions that Wham fans displayed, when playing us.Just  A little more for Gray show him despite disappointment we still want to encourage him

to realise that potential he might have, and the potential we want him to have.

It seems to me, that too many posters go out their  way to find 2-3 boogeymen, to air their frustration.

If I wanted to go on that negative ride, lets hack off some of the older players, for Seemingly not actually being seen to warm to Gray.That break against Everton , it looked like the team

with the exception of Simpson ignored Gray into the celebrations....I only saw the game on TV,

but thats how it came across.Even after watching replays .

It amazes me how consistent and hard this forum whines over players, making it even worse than the expression 'cutting of your nose to spite your face'.

Some fans remarks , goes beyond 'attitude'

16 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Hes in a young mans game, give him some lee-way first. Then after 2yrs lets see if he has wised up.  Also the experienced Players should welcome him more into the fold, with the coaching side, make him concentrate on that potential , and away from twitter and meanless interviews  , plus he should try to get home fans on his side before giving out ammunition for his critics.

On matchdays the fans should show him open support, also go that extra yard and really try to

Pick him up.

Against Spurs lets see that noise and emotions that Wham fans displayed, when playing us.Just  A little more for Gray show him despite disappointment we still want to encourage him

to realise that potential he might have, and the potential we want him to have.

It seems to me, that too many posters go out their  way to find 2-3 boogeymen, to air their frustration.

If I wanted to go on that negative ride, lets hack off some of the older players, for Seemingly not actually being seen to warm to Gray.That break against Everton , it looked like the team

with the exception of Simpson ignored Gray into the celebrations....I only saw the game on TV,

but thats how it came across.Even after watching replays .

It amazes me how consistent and hard this forum whines over players, making it even worse than the expression 'cutting of your nose to spite your face'.

Some fans remarks , goes beyond 'attitude'

What are you implying with your last sentence? 

On 26/11/2017 at 11:14, the fox said:

2-it seems most english people do that to young english players, maybe because they think that they have it to easy, 

the same thing i said about riyad i will say about gray, flair players are the easiest targets. they shoulder most of the blame, people want barca quality in a leicester shirt from the flair players but are totally ok with work horses

Whilst I do tend to agree with some of the general tenets of the argument, you only have to look at Messi and Ronaldo who, whilst being the world's best flair players, also manage to work bloody hard and put a shift in at the same time. Ronaldo's training regime is legendary, whatever natural talent he's had he's bettered it. Being a flair player doesn't mean that you have an excuse to be aloof and lazy. This is why at this moment in time Marhez, unless he alters drastically, as talented as he can be,  he can never be world class. It's also why he won't get a move to Barcelona because they expect much more from a player than excellent control and a bit of entertaining dribbling, they demand end product and a strong work ethic (as does Guadiola at Man City). Sadly, Marhez is selling himself very short imo. He needs to recognise that he needs to train harder, get fitter and most of all, that its not all about scoring goals. Barcelona are more likely to be interested if he could prove consistently that he would be able to provide assists to their already very talented other team members.

Gray on the other hand is considerably younger and still learning,  he's only had a hand full of 90 minute games in the Premiership compared to Marhez who's had considerably longer, but I do think Gray has the far superior work ethic of the two.

As for work horses I think both Okazaki and Albrighton are far better than that. For what Marhez produced last season whilst we were waiting for all this game changing flair and ability that didn't materialise, we may as well have had another 'workhorse'. Marhez started off a little brighter this year but that's about all. The 'workhorse' Okazaki has arguably had more influence and scored more goals in his appearances thus far. A blindingly good bit of one touch control of a high ball, or the drifting past 2 players with no end product just serves to deceive the viewer and give false encouragement and although seemingly entertaining at the time, it's utterly pointless when repeated over and over again.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:14, the fox said:

I totally disagree!!

Gray and Mahrez lack maturity. There is no other excuse for their behavior. We can continue this thread for another 200 pages but the fact is that they both do not have sufficient respect for their team mates or the people who pay to watch them play.

As for work horses I am quite happy to celebrate the part they play in our team and with their pragmatism give a balance and foundation which is integral to any team.

The "water carriers" know what they can bring to the team, we need to understand that flair at its best is not defined by Gray or Mahrez, they just need to grow up!!

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

1-Whilst I do tend to agree with some of the general tenets of the argument, you only have to look at Messi and Ronaldo who, whilst being the world's best flair players, also manage to work bloody hard and put a shift in at the same time.

2-Ronaldo's training regime is legendary, whatever natural talent he's had he's bettered it. Being a flair player doesn't mean that you have an excuse to be aloof and lazy. This is why at this moment in time Marhez, unless he alters drastically, as talented as he can be,  he can never be world class. It's also why he won't get a move to Barcelona because they expect much more from a player than excellent control and a bit of entertaining dribbling, they demand end product and a strong work ethic (as does Guadiola at Man City). Sadly, Marhez is selling himself very short imo. He needs to recognise that he needs to train harder, get fitter and most of all, that its not all about scoring goals. Barcelona are more likely to be interested if he could prove consistently that he would be able to provide assists to their already very talented other team members.

Gray on the other hand is considerably younger and still learning,  he's only had a hand full of 90 minute games in the Premiership compared to Marhez who's had considerably longer, 3-but I do think Gray has the far superior work ethic of the two.

As for work horses I think both Okazaki and Albrighton are far better than that. For what Marhez produced last season whilst we were waiting for all this game changing flair and ability that didn't materialise, we may as well have had another 'workhorse'. Marhez started off a little brighter this year but that's about all. 4-The 'workhorse' Okazaki has arguably had more influence and scored more goals in his appearances thus far. A blindingly good bit of one touch control of a high ball, or the drifting past 2 players with no end product just serves to deceive the viewer and give false encouragement and although seemingly entertaining at the time, it's utterly pointless when repeated over and over again.

1-i consider messi the greatest footballer of all time but, you must be watching a different messi, he gives up on the play a lot (defensively), he rarely tracks a player down, he deosn't put in much of a defensive shift (just look at yesterday's game), ronaldo is better but he doesn't exactly put a great shift, plus, ronaldo is now more of a goals scorer than anything.

2-mahrez's game is built on agility, gaining a lot of weight won't do him good, but gray on the other hand, he won't be affected negatively because he has the right body for that training

3-like i said, gray has a stronger body that allows him to get into challenges, we don't train with the players so we can't know which one has the better work ethic

4-okazaki has 4 goals, riyad has 2 goals and 4 assists plus he was involved in another 3 goals (1 was an own goal, another was a shot that was deflected to shinji and another was a corner to harry to set up iborra). that's 9 goals that riyad was involved in

Archived