Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

An African striker !

Why not go for some 'cheap, African striker' with much too prove.

Just looking around the middle/bottom of the French First Division and Second Division there is possibly always a bargain to have.

Most - apart from Akinbiyi FFS - are strong, quick and lethal e.g. Drogba, Angahawa, Eto'o etc. - I know these are big name players but by scouting around there are always players in this category on the cheap

:P

This is Levein's problem. Actions speak louder than words.

I don't think a big, quick hungry striker would go amiss. Can we not p/x MdV?

id go for that, but who is going to go for a 30+ year old striker who hasnt played that well this season? And he wouldnt even dream about going france. He knows CL loves him too much. I would like to see a goal scorer at Leicester but you need good service to get the goals so i say get the service then go for the striker. So maybe CL is working on it and with limited funds he can probably only go for another midfielder. I say go for Matt Holland and Carlton Cole on loan!

Just looking around the middle/bottom of the French First Division and Second Division there is possibly always a bargain to have.

Most - apart from Akinbiyi FFS - are strong, quick and lethal e.g. Drogba, Angahawa, Eto'o etc. - I know these are big name players but by scouting around there are always players in this category on the cheap

two words... "work permit" you wouldn't get a work permit for a cheap African striker with much to prove unless they hold a european passport or have played in a silly percentage of international matches!!

Liverpool got an application and appeal turned down for a chilean winger because they weren't in the top 70 and Boro even had to appeal to get a permit for Yakubu after his initial application was rejected

(thought I better mention I do know Chilie is not in Africa was just using it as an example!!)

Yes but levein says midfield is the problem so he wont be looking

Perhaps if he kicked Williams arse into action, the midfield might not be a problem?

Whenever i see the championship, akinbadbi seems to have scored :o

Why only "african", are they asylum players or something :(

Archived