Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The dieting thread

Wanted to lose a few pounds so did my 5:2 diet (hardcore 2 days together) and at the same time was doing some heavy work chopping trees and digging drainage ditches ...   on those two days I did 19,000 steps each day and according to my app burnt about 1,100 calories walking alone whilst only putting in 600 ish cals in food.  Never felt hungry (porridge for breakfast, banana for lunch and a cod fillet in sauce with potatoes and greens) and lost 8 llbs ...   that was over a week ago and I've put one pound back on (always get a slight bounce back) and stayed steady since ...   well pleased with myself !   :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Lost 20 pounds in 120 days (less than 4 months) from the following.  My bodyfat went from 25% 190lbs to 17%  170lbs (i'm 5ft10.25).  Waist shrunk from 39 to 34". Lost the double chin and could see my jawline.  

Tues/Thurs/Sat

Stronglifts 5x5.  I have a home gym (power rack and barbell 185kg weights).  Easy to find this workout online. 

Mon/Wed = rest

Sunday: long walk to get groceries or 12 mile bike ride.... or 25 minutes boxing a punchbag in my yard (weather / time of year permitting).

Diet - you need to be strict and dialed.   Basically broccoli and chicken twice a day (lunch and teatime). Medium portion.   I make this at weekend and again on Wednesday.  Its ok in the fridge for 3 or 4 days.  I used cajun seasoning, sumak, chilli powder, turmeric, mint, black pepper, yougurt and lemon juice. Grill the chicken in the George Foreman or under the grill after its marinated for 24hrs in the fridge, allow to cool and then put into boxes in the fridge with steamed broccoli (allow to cool). 

Morning: 2 boiled eggs in 2 wholewheat tortilla with salad.  Sometimes bowl of oats. 

Lunch: Chicken & Broccoli

Snack:  fruit smoothie in the Nutribullet: 1 kiwi, papaya pieces, frozen strawberries, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon of  each honey and peanut butter. 

Dinner: chicken and Broccoli 

Pre-bed: protein shake whey

I also drank a pint of semi skinned milk a day.  I use quarter teaspoon of brown sugar in cups of tea (drink about 8 cups a day).

Also  drink 600ml of ice water during and after workout. 

Supps: protien shake, biotin, zinc, vitamin D tablet, red krill oil.  

This is a low carb diet but it worked for me. 

Edited by Charnwood Norris
  • Like 1