Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NorthfieldsFox

FT charity of the Season 2018/19

Not sure if it's been mentioned but can I propose a Charity Football match? I have organised many charity football and cricket matches in the past and can have kits made, organise referees, get a ground etc. Who would be interested? I cannot think of many betters ways for a group of people on a football forum to raise money than a football match!!

• Like 1

Fantastic idea @NorthfieldsFox. Think we should get a poll of all the suggested charities up, and vote for one as a winner.

Also try contacting the club when a charity have been chosen to see if you can bucket collect outside the ground on matchdays, or get them to donate some things that we can raffle off. In my experience, the club have been excellent with such requests like this I've made in the past.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Would be great to arrange one of the tournaments/11 a side games there used to be with the proceeds going to said charity/the forum also.

A few years ago now, but from memory we are still the reigning champions of the Foxestalk 5aside, thanks mainly to the goalkeeping exploits of @DJ Barry Hammond(I think). 

Yeah I wasn’t bad given i’d had a 3 hour drive up beforehand. 

Just a shame when I played in the foxestalk 11, we got cheated out of winning significant silverware by the Bentley’s Roof side if i remember it correctly. 

First time I played in a Foxestalk match was a game on AstroTurf where I lined up at centrehalf - little was known of my keeping ability then, until late in the second half when i think Man Pabs had skipped around the actual keeper and was confronted with me on the line - the natural reflexes saw a shot asking to be saved and to everyone’s amusement except for Pab’s the right hand flung out and pushed the ball away.

I’m thinking he may have missed the following penalty too?

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Yeah I wasn’t bad given i’d had a 3 hour drive up beforehand. 

Just a shame when I played in the foxestalk 11, we got cheated out of winning significant silverware by the Bentley’s Roof side if i remember it correctly. 

First time I played in a Foxestalk match was a game on AstroTurf where I lined up at centrehalf - little was known of my keeping ability then, until late in the second half when i think Man Pabs had skipped around the actual keeper and was confronted with me on the line - the natural reflexes saw a shot asking to be saved and to everyone’s amusement except for Pab’s the right hand flung out and pushed the ball away.

I’m thinking he may have missed the following penalty too?

That Bentley's Roof game was Armageddon. To be fair it was a fantastic Warnock-like display from the Roof of winning 1-0 despite having no possession and only 1/2 talented players and 9/10 Michael Brown's. 

The tournaments used to be great though, minus the AstroTurf scars that last a lifetime. Remember a few contentious decisions too! 

3 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

That Bentley's Roof game was Armageddon. To be fair it was a fantastic Warnock-like display from the Roof of winning 1-0 despite having no possession and only 1/2 talented players and 9/10 Michael Brown's. 

The tournaments used to be great though, minus the AstroTurf scars that last a lifetime. Remember a few contentious decisions too! 

Where did you play the match?

I would be happy to set that game up again.

1 hour ago, coalvillefox said:

Where did you play the match?

I would be happy to set that game up again.

It was at the Aylestone Road Cricket Club - from memory it was part of charity day when a few other team. I vaguely remember hammering a Coventry based team 3-0. #

I'm sure plenty would be up for it, Bentley's weren't overly happy with us and visa versa afterwards from memory! 

5 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

It was at the Aylestone Road Cricket Club - from memory it was part of charity day when a few other team. I vaguely remember hammering a Coventry based team 3-0. #

I'm sure plenty would be up for it, Bentley's weren't overly happy with us and visa versa afterwards from memory! 

Sounds like my kind of football match!!

• Haha 1