Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dynamite foxes

Lets build

He's crap, he never has a 'good-un' lol

This is make or break time, we have just got a great result and have 2 supposedly weaker teams to play at home. I really hope we can make it 3 wins on the spin and would be disappointed if we did anything less.

We must build on this win, especially with 2 quick home games.

Even with our indifferent start, we are just 4 points from a play off place and as Anish says, it is make or break time, do or die so to speak.

However Burnley are playing we've got to treat em like a top team and focus on competing for everything.

Anything sloppy and we'll get mugged again like QPR and others.

Be thorough again Craig. Make sure everyone knows what you want of them and how to react in the different eventualities. Be committed and be ruthless.

If Craig gets his team selection correct against Burnley, like I feel he did today, I think we will beat Burnley. I don't know a lot about Burnley but I hope CL doesn't drop Stearman because he feels the game will be too physical for him like he did with Sheehan a few games back. We should pay Burnley respect but we shouldn't fear them. We should be confident as the home team that we can beat them. The last couple of times we've played Burnley at home and the last time we played them away were all tight games and I expect it to be similar so we need to take our chances when they come. We'll have to break them down- something we've struggled to do in the past.

Coventry's a different kettle of fish. It's a derby match and the fans will be up for it. Cov fans hates us and you could tell how disappointed they were when we beat them 3-0 last season. We seem to have one up on them at Filbert Way but that's history. I think it could be one of those games which, if we beat Burnley too, goes against the form book. Expect the unexpected in derby games.

If Craig gets his team selection correct against Burnley, like I feel he did today, I think we will beat Burnley. I don't know a lot about Burnley but I hope CL doesn't drop Stearman because he feels the game will be too physical for him like he did with Sheehan a few games back. We should pay Burnley respect but we shouldn't fear them. We should be confident as the home team that we can beat them. The last couple of times we've played Burnley at home and the last time we played them away were all tight games and I expect it to be similar so we need to take our chances when they come. We'll have to break them down- something we've struggled to do in the past.

Coventry's a different kettle of fish. It's a derby match and the fans will be up for it. Cov fans hates us and you could tell how disappointed they were when we beat them 3-0 last season. We seem to have one up on them at Filbert Way but that's history. I think it could be one of those games which, if we beat Burnley too, goes against the form book. Expect the unexpected in derby games.

We are much better equipped to break people down now - and would be more so with Sheehan.

Nils didn't seem great defending at left back (he could even have cost us the game) but how many attacks did he play a significant roll in?

To break people down you need people who can pass cleverly, people who can strike a dead ball and people who can twist, turn and move quickly.

Sheehan, Hammill and Hume are recent first team squad arrivals who can do that and we've others now too. It won't be easy but then it won't be as easy for Burnley either.

Stearman has not looked physcially overwhelmed and, while I know there are people disagree with this, I think Sheehan is every bit as good as Stearman (he's classier against Stearman's action man style) and he is tougher than his stature suggests.

Show some faith in him, Craig, just as a lot of us have shown in you when things have gone wrong.

You say you've been watching videos - well watch Sheehan's free kicks for the reserves and his ball control that wet and windswept night against Watford Reserves. There's other evidence too but you shouldn't need any more.

I think what most people would agree with is that CL needs to give a genuine left back a run in the side at left back. Whether that be Sheehan or Gilbert, let one of them have a run in the side, develop confidence and understanding. Nils E-J just doesn't sound comfortable at LB.

We are much better equipped to break people down now - and would be more so with Sheehan.

Nils didn't seem great defending at left back (he could even have cost us the game) but how many attacks did he play a significant roll in?

I don't like Johansson at left back either but I feel that Levein is afraid to upset him by possibly leaving him out altogether. People say he's been a rock but I prefer to see Dion at the back with one of the younger defenders. I don't think Nils talks enough and young defenders need to be talked through some games. It's easier for Levein to leave out one of the young left backs than it is for him to leave out a former Premiership defender who he signed and probably promised first team football. We seem to have got the right balance in midfield but we need it at the back too.

I think what most people would agree with is that CL needs to give a genuine left back a run in the side at left back. Whether that be Sheehan or Gilbert, let one of them have a run in the side, develop confidence and understanding. Nils E-J just doesn't sound comfortable at LB.

Tend to agree there is only two realistic choices with Gilbert apparently getting fitter.

I watched the two of them play together in a Reserves match (Sheehan at centre-back on this occasion) and would have rated it 8.5 against 6 in Sheehan's favour.

Gilbert was fairly anonymous in the one half he played. Okay defensively but inconsequential otherwise and his passing was indifferent.

Sheehan just marshalled everything around him, scored with two cracking free kicks (one disallowed) and was positive and influential in everything he did.

The problem for Levein is that Sheehan didn't cost £300,000.

What to do? What I'd always do. Play the best and encourage Gilbert to put him under pressure.

Archived