Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Streets of Rage 4!

Oh my god, it's actually happening

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/09/02/streets-of-rage-4-is-the-same-great-beat-em-up-with-a-surprising-new-art-style-pax-west-2018

Not sold on the art style, but if the gameplay is half as good as the original 3, it's an instant-buy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loved 1 and 2 so much.

A little gutted there only seems to be 2 playable characters, loved Skate from SoR 2, but just the opening sky scrapers on that video got the nostalgia juices going and the soundtrack running through my head.

I played 1 and 2 sooooooo many times. It was just the right length and difficulty to play through in one sitting and the game play was just varied enough with classic bosses and great "lift" levels. It was just classic pick up and play controls great level design and variety of enemies and that soundtrack....

Can't wait for this.

• Like 1

Streets of Rage 2 is probably still in my top 5 games of all time, the gameplay was perfect and the soundtrack was banging. Both 1 + 2 were ridiculously hard on Hardest setting so there was always a challenge. SOR3 wasn't anywhere near as good and the music was just bizarre, wonder if Yuzo Koshiro is involved in this one?

On 03/09/2018 at 11:40, Captain... said:

Loved 1 and 2 so much.

A little gutted there only seems to be 2 playable characters, loved Skate from SoR 2, but just the opening sky scrapers on that video got the nostalgia juices going and the soundtrack running through my head.

I played 1 and 2 sooooooo many times. It was just the right length and difficulty to play through in one sitting and the game play was just varied enough with classic bosses and great "lift" levels. It was just classic pick up and play controls great level design and variety of enemies and that soundtrack....

Can't wait for this.

You would think it would be 4 playable characters for co-op.

4 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Shite art style, shite music, the two things that made SoR so iconic in the first place. The team behind the SoR remake should have been all over this, Sonic Mania shows how much money you can make if you do this kind of thing right.

You've not played it yet though, it might be great. I'm not a huge fan of the art style, but there's loads of pointless pixellated stuff knocking around these days, and 3D might not have worked right. I'm sure this will have had decent effort put into it

19 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Shite art style, shite music, the two things that made SoR so iconic in the first place. The team behind the SoR remake should have been all over this, Sonic Mania shows how much money you can make if you do this kind of thing right.

Not too fussed about the art style, there is no point doing retro graphics for the sake of it, as long as the graphics are smooth and clean. The soundtrack is obviously key, it doesn’t have to be exactly like the original games but it has to be good and have certain nods to the iconic originals. Same with the level design and bad guys and everything else really. Hopefully there will be plenty of Easter eggs, I’m expecting an arcade machine somewhere where you can play levels from the originals.

Edited by Captain...