Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Watford 2-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

Watford 2-1 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.5

Total Average Rating

143 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Youri Tielemans 6.8
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Kasper Schmeichel 4.1
  4. Manager Confidence 91% 0%

On 03/03/2019 at 20:08, inckley fox said:

The fact that people think Maguire had a better game than Morgan shows the extent to which people watch a game with a pre-conceived set of ideas about who's going to be decent, and who isn't. I like Maguire a lot, but today was a bad day at the office for him.

I've watched this game twice now. If you study it in even the remotest of detail and think Maguire outperformed Morgan, or even came near, then please provide a studied analysis of why it is that being constantly caught out of possession, mis-controlling the ball in perilous situations, misplacing passes to Chilwell and missing out on 50-50s outdoes an intermittently flawed, but mostly respectable display on Morgan's part. Just go back and watch it again, please, and with an open mind this time.

And Chilwell is great to watch, but his attacks rarely come to anything, and his defending is very questionable. In terms of effectiveness, he's a real mixed bag. I'm sure he'll get better, but I think people are easily fooled by the enthusiastic bombing forward. 

I’m happy to come back at this.

firstly let’s remember Maguire was a 15m signing from a relegated side and his quality performances plus summer performances for England made him a bit of a media darling. In this case, he does get a bias media rapport. That however isn’t his fault.

ive watched the game. In terms of distribution in my opinion, he clearly opens up space for chilwell to go beyond his marker, which he doesn’t and such maguire loses options and plays a poor pass. Secondly I don’t believe he has ever argued he is comfortable on the ball

for long periods. He was played several tough passes in tight spaces by Kasper, which clearly he isn’t that comfortable with - that’s a coaching thing. Not Maguires fault IMO.

against Morgan in terms of Sunday yes I would probably agree wes made less mistakes - I’d argue he was put in less tough positions however.

lets let maguire develop

and let others talk about him being 60milliom and England’s Bobby Moore. 

12 hours ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

complete lie, screams at everyone else and officials. how you gonna compare the Brighton game completely different Kasper, he played well that game, nacho played a good game at the start of the season, is he let off??????

Are you seriously comparing Kasper with Iheanacho?

A player who has been with us for several seasons, consistently playing very well, rated as one of our best ever goalkeepers, and one of the top keepers in the P/L, against a lazy, hopeless, over rated, over paid, no brained, 25 MILLION pound failure? So Nacho has had ONE decent game this season...........well, I suppose miracles do happen.

Iheanacho deserves every bit of criticism he gets on this forum. He has consistently under performed (actually he hasn't really performed in any capacity) , whereas Kasper performs consistently.

As for my 'complete lie'. Yes, I agree Kasper does rant at his team mates, and the officials if he makes a mistake. He is a passionate player and he desperately wants to win. (I wish we had 11 players like that). But I'll bet he's the first to apologize to his team mates in the dressing room afterwards.

Iheanacho looks a lost sheep out o the pitch at the minute he needs games games games get him ticking over in the u23s 60 minutes then sub him so when he comes on he has a feel for what a match feels like cause right now 10 mins here 10 mins there is clearly not going to break the malaise 

10 hours ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

I’m happy to come back at this.

firstly let’s remember Maguire was a 15m signing from a relegated side and his quality performances plus summer performances for England made him a bit of a media darling. In this case, he does get a bias media rapport. That however isn’t his fault.

ive watched the game. In terms of distribution in my opinion, he clearly opens up space for chilwell to go beyond his marker, which he doesn’t and such maguire loses options and plays a poor pass. Secondly I don’t believe he has ever argued he is comfortable on the ball

for long periods. He was played several tough passes in tight spaces by Kasper, which clearly he isn’t that comfortable with - that’s a coaching thing. Not Maguires fault IMO.

against Morgan in terms of Sunday yes I would probably agree wes made less mistakes - I’d argue he was put in less tough positions however.

lets let maguire develop

and let others talk about him being 60milliom and England’s Bobby Moore. 

I wouldn't argue with you for a second about Maguire having loads of potential, nor that our coaching and tactics are responsible for some of his problems. I agree we should let him develop and fully get behind him, even though the 1.5 goals per game we concede with him in the side is a problem when it's only 0.8 with him. Like you say, not all of that is his fault AND, like you say, we shouldn't be expecting him to be the new Moore either.

My point was purely that, on the day, and for whatever understandable reason, Maguire was poorer than Wes, and some people aren't reflecting that. And, in fact, over the course of the season we've tended to leap on Wes's errors - with people seeming to think it's a travesty that he's in the side when he's outperformed several of our players defensively, and at a ripe old age - while many conveniently overlook the more frequent errors by Maguire.

I know and I appreciate that this is because there's a player in Harry that we can encourage to blossom, whereas in Wes it's a matter of when the full stop arrives. But it doesn't excuse people lacking balance, or being aggressively critical of Morgan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

I wouldn't argue with you for a second about Maguire having loads of potential, nor that our coaching and tactics are responsible for some of his problems. I agree we should let him develop and fully get behind him, even though the 1.5 goals per game we concede with him in the side is a problem when it's only 0.8 with him. Like you say, not all of that is his fault AND, like you say, we shouldn't be expecting him to be the new Moore either.

My point was purely that, on the day, and for whatever understandable reason, Maguire was poorer than Wes, and some people aren't reflecting that. And, in fact, over the course of the season we've tended to leap on Wes's errors - with people seeming to think it's a travesty that he's in the side when he's outperformed several of our players defensively, and at a ripe old age - while many conveniently overlook the more frequent errors by Maguire.

I know and I appreciate that this is because there's a player in Harry that we can encourage to blossom, whereas in Wes it's a matter of when the full stop arrives. But it doesn't excuse people lacking balance, or being aggressively critical of Morgan.

As a defence of Maguire, you could argue that he’s been playing more against the better teams than Morgan. But you make a good point.