Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Watford 2-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

Watford 2-1 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.5

Total Average Rating

143 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Youri Tielemans 6.8
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Kasper Schmeichel 4.1
  4. Manager Confidence 91% 0%

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 03/03/19
Voting Ends: 08/03/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Jonny Evans
  3. Wes Morgan
  4. Harry Maguire
  5. Ricardo Pereira
  6. Youri Tielemans
  7. Wilfred Ndidi
  8. Ben Chilwell
  9. James Maddison
  10. Harvey Barnes
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Demarai Gray (sub)
  13. Nampalys Mendy (sub)
  14. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub)

3 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

please please please please bin Kasper

He just needs to work in training on his distribution. People are forgetting his two great saves in the first half. There is no way Ward is a better goalkeeper than Kasper. Better at distribution, definitely but shot stopping and overall goalkeeping? Not a chance

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxes04 said:

He just needs to work in training on his distribution. People are forgetting his two great saves in the first half. There is no way Ward is a better goalkeeper than Kasper. Better at distribution, definitely but shot stopping and overall goalkeeping? Not a chance

he's been at Leicester for what 7-8 years? and he hasn't got his distribution sorted, never comes out to catch a cross, never save easy shots, never catches the ball, always parries it away
what has he been doing in training all this time?
thank you for the memories Kasper but just like wes, it's time to step down

Kasper out

Gray actually did well when he came on... N’Didi makes me nervous when he’s on the ball

Maddison was a bit better... Iheanacho must’ve won a competition... he can’t do anything and messed up a chance to counter. 

Rodgers has got a tough job, can see us struggling against Fulham as well, new manager bounce under Parker and all that. 

Tough to take, just get one more win from somewhere so we can relax a bit... then a massive summer 

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 1

Kasper 3 - Bonus point for not letting every shot on target in. Poor with both goals and if he boots that last one clear we could have looked back on a good away point.

Evans - 6 - Meh. Best of a shambolic back 3.

Morgan - 4 - Okay Brendan, you've seen him play now. Enough is enough.

Maguire - 2 - Absolutely diabolical today. His worst game in a City shirt by a distance.

Ricardo - 6 - Grew into the game and put some fabulous crosses in.

Chilwell - 5 - Put some nice balls in but they just doubled up on him.

Ndidi - 7 - Battled well to be fair to him.

Tielemans - 9 - Absolutely sublime. 100% have to sign him.

Maddison - 7 - Some moments of brilliance but he gets bullied so much.

Barnes - 5 - Just poor. Didn't get into the game at all. For me he's a winger.

Vardy - 6 - Took his goal expertly as usual but he needs to do more than sit on the defenders shoulder all game.

Gray - 6 - Slight upgrade on Barnes.

Mendy + Iheanacho N/A

50 minutes ago, Foxes04 said:

But we have a goal keeping coach and have had for many years. What the hell do they work on during the week? I have lost count of the numbe of times passes the ball to the opposition or kicks the ball directly out. Kasper dad thinks he should be playing at a higher level. What a load of nonsense. 

• Like 1

Kasper Schmeichel 4

Jonny Evans 5

Wes Morgan 4

Harry Maguire 4

Ricardo Pereira 6 (Accidentally gave him 5 on the poll...)

Youri Tielemans 6

Wilfred Ndidi 5

Ben Chilwell 5

James Maddison 5

Harvey Barnes 5

Jamie Vardy 6

Demarai Gray 5

Nampalys Mendy 5

Kelechi Iheanacho 4

Think Schmeichel and Ndidi need dropping for a game or two. Defensive discipline and game management, as well as that ability to convert territorial possession to actual chances, all need Rodgers' urgent attention.

Kasper     6   Should have saved the first goal, gave them the second, needs to stop kicking the fcuking ball out.

Evans.     5.  Second best of a back 3 but so slow in deciding what to do with the ball.

Morgan.  5.  Was Rogers still pissed when he picked him, Wes your time is over

Maguire. 6.  Best of the back 3 but I do wish he would stop playing keep ball with Morgan, Evans and Chilwell.

Chilwell. 6.  If he wants to be a winger I wish he would make the runs instead of playing the ball back to Maguire 95% of the time.

Ricardo. 7.  Got better as the game went on, but still making silly mistakes 

Ndidi.     7    Did not have a bad game to be fair.

Tielemans  8. My MOTM we need to sign this lad before he gets away.

Barnes.  7.  Another good game from this young star.

Maddison 5.  To slow, to long on the ball, and over rated, needs to get better for next season, in the mean time get Choudhury on the pitch.

Vardy. 7.  Well taken goal hope he’s OK would like to see him on the ball a lot more.

Subs.       Not much to go on with so little game time.

Manager,   Needs to kick some backsides.

Overall a very poor display,  another poor side that we seem unable to brake down, and find it hard to defend against.

Tielemans was the best player for us and Vardy next. I feel so sorry for Vardy who makes 100 runs and hardly ever gets the right ball. When it comes he scores more often that not. Ndidi did most of the dirty work again and he nicked the ball so many times. I feel for him without another defensive midfielder and I would love to see him with Hamza in the middle and Tielemans slightly more advanced.

A lot of our side looked ponderous and heavy legged. I cant believe how out of puff they were so early! 

• Like 1

Kasper 4 Just lump it up field on 90+ mins ffs 

Ricardo 6 Did ok and kept trying to attack. Unlucky yellow 

Morgan 6 Didn’t think he could do much about the goal 

Maguire 5 Clumsy today

Evans 6 Important tackle early on 

Chilwell 7 Felt sorry for him because we’ve had a lot of joy recently with him and Barnes down the left. The formation meant he had very little help down that left hand side. Kept going though 

Tielemans 7 He’s a bit lightweight but another good game and nice assist 

Ndidi 7 Our only physical presence in the middle of the pitch. Played well 

Maddison 6 As with Tielemans, so lightweight. Thought he was really good last 15 mins 

Barnes 4 Prefer to see him wide. Didn’t play well 

Vardy 6 Took his goal superbly 

Don’t like us playing three centre halves. 

Edited by Dickov22

2 hours ago, Harry the Cat said:

But we have a goal keeping coach and have had for many years. What the hell do they work on during the week? I have lost count of the numbe of times passes the ball to the opposition or kicks the ball directly out. Kasper dad thinks he should be playing at a higher level. What a load of nonsense. 

He should go to Celtic.

• Haha 3

Maguire (awful and at fault with the goal), Nacho (it seems his confidence is shot and in decisive moments he lacks cool head and skills, I'm not sure what we should do with him, can he turn things around?)  - 4

Kasper (couple good saves but at fault for the second goal; not sure any goalie would save the first one), Madders (pace seems to be his biggest asset these days...), Mendy, Wes, Chillwell (paperweight, bossed around by Watford all game, played it safe most of the time, disappointing),  - 5

Evans, Gray (gave a good substitution), Barnes (lively first half, went quiet in the second, gets outmuscled too easily) - 6

Tielemans (great assist but other than that Watford players made him very quiet, too lightweight and ineffective) - 6,5

Ndidi, Rick (our most active and dangerous player, even when he made an error in defense he makes up for it) - 7

MOTM Vards - 8 (hero for converting the only chance he had and playing with concussion/double vision, why our midfielders can't pass to him, if I was him I would be shaking the by their throats, it must be so frustrating to play in a system like this or Puels)

7 hours ago, Foxes04 said:

Needs to work on it? He's old enough to know that by now jeez. It's not like he's not been here very long 

No way would I ever play Evans, Morgan & Maguire in a back three again. They are way too slow and easily caught out. Rodgers should know that three slow centre back will be caught out at this level. (Maybe not in semi-pro Scotish football) If he wants to play a back three he must include Soyuncu, or someone with pace. 

Again, it is our experienced players that are costing us. Yes, the boys are making mistakes, but it's the Kasper's, Morgan's, Maguire's and Evans's that are not managing the match on the pitch by grasping the boys and leading them.

Kasper -5- Huge error for their winning goal, but otherwise did little wrong. Criticism on here way over the top.

Evans -6- Would like to see more leadership from him.

Morgan -5- Not as bad as some on here have said. Would like to see more leadership from him.

Maguire -4- Thought he was poor.

Ricardo -8- Thought he was MOTM for us.

N'Didi -6- Tried hard, won a lot of balls but exposed by being the only ball winning midfielder.

Tielemans -7- Great vision and hope we sign him. Again, right to sub him as he was tiring fast.

Chilwell -6- Not as good as usual, but worked hard with lots of energy.

Maddison -6- Poor until 75th minute, but looked much better late on in game.

Barnes -5- Not really any impact today. I think the new formation confused him.

Vardy -6- Did what he does. Ran and chased and hassled. An excellent finish with his only decent chance.

Gray -6- Thought he did well after coming on. I really think he could develop into a decent player with the right manager.

Iheanacho -2- Managed to completely cock up an excellent counter attack which should have won us the game. Absolutely hopeless. 

Mendy -5- Didn't really see him do much.

Rodgers -6- No better than the last bloke!!! (Seriously, he should know that 3 at the back MUST include a pacy centre back). 

Edited by ThaiFox

13 hours ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

please please please please bin Kasper

Way, way, way over the top.

The post match postings are just as bad.

Do people not remember the countless times he's saved us over the years?

Of course he was at fault for their winning goal, and I'm sure he would be the first to hold his hands up. Otherwise he didn't do much wrong at all. It's always the keeper, whoever it is, getting blamed when they make a mistake and we lose, but rarely the keeper getting MOTM when we win a match.

Would you have been pleased if he'd had not made that mistake and we'd got a point? Or would you prefer he hadn't made two outstanding saves against Brighton to win us the 3 points?

12 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Way, way, way over the top.

The post match postings are just as bad.

Do people not remember the countless times he's saved us over the years?

Of course he was at fault for their winning goal, and I'm sure he would be the first to hold his hands up. Otherwise he didn't do much wrong at all. It's always the keeper, whoever it is, getting blamed when they make a mistake and we lose, but rarely the keeper getting MOTM when we win a match.

Would you have been pleased if he'd had not made that mistake and we'd got a point? Or would you prefer he hadn't made two outstanding saves against Brighton to win us the 3 points?

complete lie, screams at everyone else and officials. how you gonna compare the Brighton game completely different Kasper, he played well that game, nacho played a good game at the start of the season, is he let off??????