Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cisono

Levein Praises MDV Following Win

source: OS

Levein Praises MDV Following Win

0,,10274~2717957,00.jpg

Craig Levein was quick to applaud striker Mark de Vries following Leicester's 2-1 victory over Coventry on Sunday afternoon.

The big Dutchman bagged a brace on the day as the Foxes came from behind to beat their Midlands rivals at the Walkers Stadium.

And Levein believes that his center forward, who joined Leicester from Hearts in January, can only improve as the season goes on.

Speaking in his post match press conference, he said: "I feel for Mark at times because when he doesn't play well he looks very cumbersome and sometimes people forget the other things that he does well.

"When he is good he is very good and when he is bad he sometimes looks worse than he actually is.

"You have to remember that he is one of 15 new players that we have got - and some settle quicker than others. He has taken a little bit of time to find his feet, but eight goals so far this season is a decent return for any striker.

"What he did today was dispel the myth that he doesn't punch his weight in the air. He attacked both goals particularly well and could have even got another.

"I am pleased for him. If we can provide the service and get balls into the box then hopefully he can get more."

Leicester went into the game on the back of a disappointing 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Burnley last Tuesday, and Levein confirmed that his side's victory over the Sky Blues went some way to making amends for that reverse.

He added: "I am as pleased today as I was disappointed on Tuesday night after we had lost to Burnley.

"It was a great performance by the players and they thoroughly merit the points.

"Although we were a goal down for the majority of the first half I thought that we had the better game. Both Mark and Iain Hume had good chances to score and other than a couple of penalty claims Coventry didn't hurt us at all.

"On the balance of play I thought we were better than them in the first half and if anyone thinks it was marginal then certainly the second half dispelled any thoughts of that. We were by far and away the better side in the second half.

"Humey did and awful lot of good things today. He looked a real threat today, and the combination of either Elvis or Iain with Mark is a handful.

"Both Elvis and Iain could do with scoring more goals, but they keep getting in there and if the continue to do that they will get them."

Humey?!?!? :P

woo, get in there. Where did Cardiff get Jerome from?

:D;):thumbup:

10- Cameron Jerome (forward)

Born Huddersfield - 5th August 1986

Ex-Huddersfield Town junior, trial spells with various Northern clubs. Joined Cardiff City in October 2003 as a trainee. Signed pro in October 2004. First-team debut early-October 2004, scoring 7 goals in 32 League and Cup appearances 2004 -2005 season.

Archived