Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Congrats Craig

This must have been close to 10/10 for manager Craig Levein.

I said this was a game for the rottweilers and not one for the Academy kids to be hung out to dry and that, to Levein's great credit, is how he played it.

True goalkeeper Henderson probably finished man-of-the-match with four quality saves in Cardiff's one sustained spell of pressure in the last 10 minutes.

But it was the Terrible Twin rottweilers of Tiatto and Joey who proved as solid as buffers in a station terminus for Leicester.

Not only were they immense in their natural destructive roles but they were more than immense in managing to include the energy sapping attacking support role required by Levein to give his much-denuded attack any sort of potency.

Those three were not the only heroes. All deserved credit for their role in reducing the potency of a recent six-goal Cardiff attack to little more than a damp squid for most of the evening.

But this was a scrap and Paddy McCarthy has showed on recent and other occasions that if their's one thing he relishes - it's a bit of a set-too. True to his character he shone like one of the warning lights in Cardiff Bay with a sleeves up display which ought to set him up for the season.

Congratulations to Nils for his goal from a whipped in Williams corner (someone somewhere has been listening) and congratulations too for a decent display that still didn't convince me that he's a better left-back than Sheehan (though his experience WAS invaluable on the day).

As I warned too, the game was uglier than some of those grim-old Grannies that people tell me grace one or two of the less-than salubrious internet sites but Cardiff was never going to be about pretiness.

Levein knew this, considered the cards he'd been dealt and played every one right even down to his clever use of Dion and MDV which further contributed towards a wonderful result in unlikely circumstances against a team that has been brimming with confidence.

Two successive away wins, three victories in four games, a place in the last 16 of a major cup competition.

The problem now for Levein is that he has to pick another team for another, and different, match at Preston when he will have endless more attacking opportunities.

The problem is complicated because he now has a full-squad of 16-18 players who are all in decent form. Some of them are inevitably going to be disappointed but what a nice problem to have for once.

Everything now is about the right team for the job while still developing Leicester's style of football. It should no longer be about conceding the initiative to anyone on the grounds that they are a better side. No-one in the Championship will find it easy to get 1-0 in Cardiff.

We should be a rung or two further up the confidence ladder on the back of this - and none of the kids were put in a situation which would have left them unreasonably exposed and in danger of having their confidence shattered.

Well done City. Well done Craig.

Now where the hell is that guy Chandler. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hendo is a new legend. love it.

paddy mac sounded like a rock in the back 4, didnt hear too much from gerrbrand but good on nissa on scoring the winner, maybs was pretty quite too.

joey and tiatto were hard and williams sounded like he played well, hammil was often a threat but sometimes i wondered if he still played, hammond and dublin not everyones (is it anyones?) choice of strikers but didnt have much to do, except a hammond shot which was well saved. a good win and something to build on going into 2 away games!

hendo is a new legend. love it.

paddy mac sounded like a rock in the back 4, didnt hear too much from gerrbrand but good on nissa on scoring the winner, maybs was pretty quite too.

joey and tiatto were hard and williams sounded like he played well, hammil was often a threat but sometimes i wondered if he still played, hammond and dublin not everyones (is it anyones?) choice of strikers but didnt have much to do, except a hammond shot which was well saved. a good win and something to build on going into 2 away games!

Gerrbrand must have cogged in pretty effectively, certainly until the last 10 minutes, because a damn good Cardiff attack hardly got a whisper. The defence has been sound for a while now and Gerrbrand is now quite clearly competing with everyone else for selection. That gives us seven genuine first choice defenders for four positions. Another measure of the progress we are making.

But it was the Terrible Twin rottweilers of Tiatto and Joey who proved as solid as buffers in a station terminus for Leicester.

Not only were they immense in their natural destructive roles but they were more than immense in managing to include the energy sapping attacking support role required by Levein to give his much-denuded attack any sort of potency.

But this was a scrap and Paddy McCarthy has showed on recent and other occasions that if their's one thing he relishes - it's a bit of a set-too. True to his character he shone like one of the warning lights in Cardiff Bay with a sleeves up display which ought to set him up for the season.

Levein further played his cards in all the right order with his clever use of Dion and MDV which further contributed towards a wonderful result in unlikely circumstances against a team that has been brimming with confidence.

Two successive away wins, three victories in four games, a place in the last 16 of a major cup competition.

Why am i not connected to the cocaine line, joey a rotweiller :P

I agree joey and tiatto stifled cardiff in midefield, but thats IT! Joey HASNT the ability to defend a defense with aly mauchlen ability, let alone neil lennon.

If paddy macarthy was a boxer, i`d expect him to travell 12 rounds and beyond. This guy has serious bottle, and its rarely acknowledged.

You know the old saying Thrach, the taller you are (cardiff being on cloud nine) the harder you fall.

For florest, this is the european cup lollollol they cant even handle the LDV lol

A great read!!

Champagne all round.

Why am i not connected to the cocaine line, joey a rotweiller :P

I agree joey and tiatto stifled cardiff in midefield, but thats IT! Joey HASNT the ability to defend a defense with aly mauchlen ability, let alone neil lennon.

If paddy macarthy was a boxer, i`d expect him to travell 12 rounds and beyond. This guy has serious bottle, and its rarely acknowledged.

You know the old saying Thrach, the taller you are (cardiff being on cloud nine) the harder you fall.

For florest, this is the european cup lollollol they cant even handle the LDV lol

A great read!!

Champagne all round.

Happy days indeed! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Great call Thracian

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Three wins out of four and it looks like a run......................... COME ON YOU FOXES

All together now...

Thers only one Craig Levein

One Craig Levein

Thers only one Craig Levein

One Craig Levein

Thers only one Craig Levein :)

Lets keep it going at the weekend

MadMick

This must have been close to 10/10 for manager Craig Levein.

I said this was a game for the rottweilers and not one for the Academy kids to be hung out to dry and that, to Levein's great credit, is how he played it.

True goalkeeper Henderson probably finished man-of-the-match with four quality saves in Cardiff's one sustained spell of pressure in the last 10 minutes.

Those three were not the only heroes. All deserved credit for their role in reducing the potency of a recent six-goal Cardiff attack to little more than a damp squid for most of the evening.

Congratulations to Nils for his goal from a whipped in Williams corner (someone somewhere has been listening) and congratulations too for a decent display that still didn't convince me that he's a better left-back than Sheehan (though his experience WAS invaluable on the day).

As I warned too, the game was uglier than some of those grim-old Grannies that people tell me grace one or two of the less-than salubrious internet sites but Cardiff was never going to be about pretiness.

Levein knew this, considered the cards he'd been dealt and played every one right even down to his clever use of Dion and MDV which further contributed towards a wonderful result in unlikely circumstances against a team that has been brimming with confidence.

The problem now for Levein is that he has to pick another team for another, and different, match at Preston when he will have endless more attacking opportunities.

The problem is complicated because he now has a full-squad of 16-18 players who are all in decent form. Some of them are inevitably going to be disappointed but what a nice problem to have for once.

Everything now is about the right team for the job while still developing Leicester's style of football. It should no longer be about conceding the initiative to anyone on the grounds that they are a better side. No-one in the Championship will find it easy to get 1-0 in Cardiff.

We should be a rung or two further up the confidence ladder on the back of this - and none of the kids were put in a situation which would have left them unreasonably exposed and in danger of having their confidence shattered.

Now where the hell is that guy Chandler. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Spot on son! Plus Smudger is only 2 ****in days away! I can't wait.

Yet again Lush is dissing Joey, where u at the game? no so u haven't a clue how he played, give em a break for once!

Have to agree tharc Craigs tatics were very good, playing williams just in front of the defence to shut Koumas down was very clever, gave williams a chance to create as well cuz Koumas is to lazy to get back. Very impressed with a clean sheet against them. Although they had no Rickets, Cameron Derome is very good striker and was shut down. 4th round here we come

Spot on son! Plus Smudger is only 2 ****in days away! I can't wait.

lets just hope he plays him then because some one will be very let down if not :D

yeh well put thracian looked good and i can see improvement in the squad :thumbup:

Thracian,

Do you work for the Beeb? If not, why not? When Stuart Hall shuffles off this mortal coil, you should be there to replace him! (Though when you do, please don't do any crap ads like that 'Loan Company one!)

You sir, have a great way with the English language.

Yet again Lush is dissing Joey, where u at the game? no so u haven't a clue how he played, give em a break for once!

Once again you jump to the WRONG conclusion. I didnt mention joey`s performance from last night, i was talking about his ability that ive seen. Is he a rotweiller, no.

According to matt jones, joey was motm, and he hit a poor shot. So well done to joey for last night, but keep em down mate.

Once again you jump to the WRONG conclusion. I didnt mention joey`s performance from last night, i was talking about his ability that ive seen. Is he a rotweiller, no.

According to matt jones, joey was motm, and he hit a poor shot. So well done to joey for last night, but keep em down mate.

suppouse he aint big enough to be a rotweiler, more like a yorkshire terrier.

u know he just hits his shots as he hard as he can. no direction what so ever.

It's weird because before Gudjonsson played for us he had a reputation of having a very good long range shot and infact i've seen some footage of him at Villa and some Dutch club where he scored a fair few beasts. The one he got for Villa that I recall was a rocket, similar to the one he scored for us against Blackpool. I suppose what these video's don't show is the 100 other efforts in between the goals he scores.

I like him though, he's upped his game no end this season and is very handy in this league.

Thracian,

Do you work for the Beeb? If not, why not? When Stuart Hall shuffles off this mortal coil, you should be there to replace him! (Though when you do, please don't do any crap ads like that 'Loan Company one!)

You sir, have a great way with the English language.

You flatter me more than I deserve but I'll certainly thank you for the compliment. :):):)

Archived