Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Próxima Jornada

Ricardo Pereira: Interview

22 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Do you get the impression he wants to stick around or is looking to move? It’s no secret anymore that he’s one of the best RBs in Europe and could honestly play for anyone. I personally think he will stay next season if we get Champions League football but would be surprised if he stays after that.

I hope he stays for a long time of course! Does he know how much the fans love him?

Not sure if you remember @StriderHiryu but you bought a spare ticket from me and sat next to me for home match early last season. I remember saying to you that I had my doubts about the capability of Pereira in the right back position that he has since made his own. I'm not ashamed to admit that I could not have been more wrong about him as we have all seen him get better and better game by game and he is now undoubtedly one of the best full backs in the Premier League.

Just goes to show that any new player joining the club, especially from abroad, should always be given time to settle in before making judgements about their ability.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Great work chap.

Please continue to post links to your work here for anything Leicester related.

Seriously good read and nice to read something where the journalist hasnt done his best to get the player to say he cant wait to move on from us to a hugger club. (Or just put a contentious headline for click bait.)

Thanks mate.

Cheers mate, appreciate the kind winds. My writing has never and will never aim to grab cheap clicks, I believe the content should speak for itself. Pushing the Portuguese game is a bit passion of mine so anyway I can highlight or bring positivity I will do!

thanks again,

• Like 1

19 hours ago, brucey said:

Thanks for the brilliant interview :)

What is the general feeling like in Portugal, has he done enough in these two games to keep his starting spot when the other RBs return from injury? 

100% mate. Lots back in Portugal weren’t convinced following the Uruguay game and especially with him playing away from Portugal they couldn’t keep as close an eye on him, now however he has emerged as many peoples number 1, myself included. His attitude and talent speaks for itself and his 2 games for Portugal the last week he was incredible.

Cancelo and Sémedo are incredible RB’s also but with Sémedo’s injuries and Cancelo’s selection inconsistency, Riccy is number 1.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, urban fox said:

Great piece thank you Aaron and a warm welcome to FT. Refreshing to see a straight piece that isn't trying to sell or unsettle one of our players with wild rumours. Really encouraging to hear that Riccy is loving his time here and seems totally committed to the cause. Bodes well for the long term future of our club. we are lucky to have this type of character, and i get the feeling that many of the current squad share his enthusiasm for the project that is underway at the KP

Appreciate that mate I really do. Every positive comment means a lot, thanks again.

6 hours ago, Próxima Jornada said:

Appreciate that mate I really do. Every positive comment means a lot, thanks again.

You are welcome. credit where its due.  keep posting whenever the opportunity arises, it always good to see how we are perceived as a club by others with  no axe to grind

• Thanks 1