Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gw_leics772

Would arteta to arsenal further derail man city or give them the kickstart to improve?

Genuine question as in the subject.

Interested in peoples views. When i did a search on here there were plenty who wanted him, last time we were in the market.

Everyone's got to start somewhere, i get that, but would have been too much of a risk for me after puel went.

Could be a master stroke but cant help thinking only arsenal are arrogant enough to fall on their arses with an appointment like this.

Obviously we hit the jackpot with Brendan, but i got talking after he was linked to arsenal, and apart from the sexy names of nagelsmann, bielsa (pre leeds) etc, it's pretty slim pickings even when dining at the top table.

I'm old fashioned in the old leicester way, and like my managers to earn their stripes from the bottom, and if it had have gone south i was favouring someone like potter or wilder.

Discuss.

Edited by gw_leics772

why would it further derail Man City? As if he's some kind of lynchpin holding Man City together even in their poor form now?

The problems at Arsenal go beyond just their manager. It seems their whole structure and direction needs re-assessing and that takes a good few years. They need to have a manager with a proper vision and philosophy and one that their board and fans must give time and patience to. 

Some of the players are deadwood. Not good enough for Premier League or where they want to be heading back to. Again, transforming that squad is going to take time. Where they are reminds me of where Man Utd got to in the first few years after Fergie left and they're still trying to recover from it.

58 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Arteta is a good coach but I'm not sure, I don't think his depature would affect Man City too much, they've still got pep and i'm sure he's aware of plenty other replacements. 

Has he ever actually been in charge of a club? Coaching at Man.City doesn't make one a manager. If he goes to Arsenal he'll just be the next scapegoat.

Good learning experience though and give him some valuable experience at the school of hard knocks. Have to start somewhere.

15 hours ago, StanSP said:

why would it further derail Man City? As if he's some kind of lynchpin holding Man City together even in their poor form now?

The problems at Arsenal go beyond just their manager. It seems their whole structure and direction needs re-assessing and that takes a good few years. They need to have a manager with a proper vision and philosophy and one that their board and fans must give time and patience to. 

Some of the players are deadwood. Not good enough for Premier League or where they want to be heading back to. Again, transforming that squad is going to take time. Where they are reminds me of where Man Utd got to in the first few years after Fergie left and they're still trying to recover from it.

Well this thread died an early death so i'll give it one last prod with a stick.

Your reply came across a bit aggressive imo. I'm not saying it should derail them, it just piqued my interest with him being talked about for arsenal and previously everton? (Or was it just arsenal pre emery?)

I don't get it and wondered if others with a wider interest could enlighten me.

I guess i was wondering if the feeling is that he could be a kind of lynchpin holding man city together as aside from that, why is he even mentioned for these jobs. 

More the first time around really i suppose as the  arsenal/Everton jobs didnt seem so bad last time they were available but seem more like a poisoned chalice with the lack of improvement since then.

It now feels like he is perhaps the best they could get but although i dont have much knowledge of the foreign markets, one would still think the arsenal name is a big enough draw for someone out there tearing it up abroad.

Edited by gw_leics772