Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Reconsidering VAR

Reconsidering VAR  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about VAR now?

• I think it's improving football
    • Give it some time, it will come good
    • Rules need to be changed for it to work
    • It's just moved the errors off the pitch and into someone in a dark room somewhere
    • Bin it, bin it now
  2. 2. Do you feel more or less positive about VAR since the start of the season?

• More
    • The same
    • Less

I'm a Burnley fan, we benefitted from VAR on Saturday, and both the VAR decisions were right (though the first one is a stupid rule).  And yet I still think that Saturday's game would have been better without it.  That's how bad it is.

If they would abolish the attacker's handball rule, and they would go back to the old offside rule where "level" as judged by normal human vision meant onside, then I would accept it.  As it is now, bin bin bin.

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Assuming you are serious and not being sarcastic, this is how it’s designed to work ......it’s only the premier league that has trashed it ....

Well, actually no. I was surprised by your comment suggesting only PL were doing it differently - this shows not so...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50392207

The matter of how it works is therefore up to individual countries as I thought. interestingly, the ref for Chelsea game was French - where there have also been problems. 

It is up to individual referees whether to use pitchside monitors; this should be compulsory.