Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Favourite goal from the 15/16 season?

So many its hard to really not go on about it! haha. So ill mention a few for various reasons:

Ill start with best actual goal, and this goes to Vardy Vs Liverpool. Just stunning technique and a cracking finish.. Even jurgen Klopp said quote 'I wanted to celebrate myself but I felt too upset'.. Just a wonderful strike and a wonderful story that whole season was for our JV.

Best goal in a game I actually witnessed live as it was happening - Mahrez vs City..Brilliant skills and cracking finish with his weaker foot in a big game and a big moment..It was not only a brilliant piece of skill and goal but the moment at the time 'were 0-2 up away at city' was unreal at the time..it wasn't one of those sh*thouse wins too , we really did run them over..and I was feeling that all game.

Most memorable moment - Vardy 11 heaven...enough said..It felt like something was happening..

Biggest goal and biggest win/game - Huth spurs away. People might say City away because of how we dominated but city were poor and on the decline in general both squad wise and manager unrest..Spurs were flying, on the way up and had only lost once at home and twice in 20 games so far that season. We had come off our worst run and we were looking like that team that 'were going to drop now'..We rode our luck a bit that game and it was probably the best actual win of our premier league history. Huth header biggest goal weve had..that effectively made me sit up and take notice when we won that game. 'Wow we actually can get CL place' was my thought after that game..I was genuinely shocked we won that game. We would of ended up around 6-7th with west ham and Southampton(both had good seasons) if we lost that IMO. This turned us to the real deal.

Biggest phycological moment - Ulloa vs Norwich..Another moment where that goal was crucial to get us back on track.

But I've left this to last but in my opinion the goal/game that made me believe we will be champions was actually Watford away and that Mahrez strike. The final whistle of that game I went from thinking 'We could win the prem' to 'we have a great chance now! OMG! We MUST take this opportunity, we will NEVER get a chance ever again!!' Id changed from being quietly excited to being like OMG this could actually happen.

People go on about that moment being the city game, for me the city game I was like 'nice, keep it going' but I still felt we wouldn't do it. I knew Arsenal would be a tough game so was hesitant. We lost to Arsenal, scraped past Norwich and then dropped points at home to West Brom and after that game I felt 'this is why I knew people were getting to excited vs City, now were not favourites'

Then came the events that changed my mind.

1) I remember Spurs game in hand was away at West Ham. West Ham won 1-0..same night..a mid table Liverpool beat City 3-0. I was like 'wow'.

2) Next day, Arsenal lost at home to Swansea.

3) So it was back in our hands but the north London Derby was going to tell us more 12.30 kick off...Spurs were 2-1 up and arsenal down to 10 men..'looks like a 2 horse race, pressure on us tonight at Watford' but Sanchez knicked a equaliser and that was a fantastic result for us.

4) So going to Watford, we were 2 points clear still despite the game in hand..we had some control finally..'what a win this will be' I thought at the start of the game.

I remember then Martin Tyler saying 'A draw here for Leicester now wouldn't be that bad after the earlier game'..I remember thinking 'this is exactly what Leicester will do now, draw or lose, because we finally would have daylight with a win'.

We struggled in the game but Mahrez picked out a beauty, we didn't create much but  held firm and then at the final whistle I had a tear in my eye. 5 points clear and it was so un Leicester like - (Get so close and fall at the last hurdle)..I mean Deeney Day, Kermogant, Stoke away 08..Id grown up with getting so close but not quite making it..This felt like we had a huge chance now and Ill always remember that full time whistle.

Each and every game after that it was more 'please win' but with the added 'security' of if we lose we have daylight and spurs could lose etc..it felt like the moment we won the league for me personally and that's why it was probably my favourite goal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Then came the events that changed my mind.

1) I remember Spurs game in hand was away at West Ham. West Ham won 1-0..same night..a mid table Liverpool beat City 3-0. I was like 'wow'.

2) Next day, Arsenal lost at home to Swansea.

Just a slight correction ...

We drew at home to West Brom 2-2 on the Tuesday night (1st March 2016).

The other 3 results all going our way ... Tottenham, Man City and Arsenal losing ... was the Wednesday night (2nd March 2016).

And that was the moment I thought that "someone up there" was looking after us.

For me, everything in 2015-16 was divided into before and after Man City away.

The first 2/3 of the season before was carefree great fun, the last 1/3 of the season after was nerve wracking purgatory.

In the first bit of the season, Vardy's 2 goals at Southampton away were great (and have already been mentioned above).

One other fantastic moment, that hasn't got a mention yet, was Vardy's equaliser at Stoke.    He stroked it past the goalie as he was falling over, the ball took a second or two to go into the net ... rolling towards the away fans.    The away end went absolutely berserk, and as it was early in the season and warm, it seemed mainly full of lads and blokes.   (and no tourist/part-timers, as it was only Stoke, and who wants to go there?)

Probably actually the best away atmosphere of the season, if you factor in that at that time, we were just playing for fun ... and that the nerves hadn't crept in, as they did towards the end.