Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Favourite goal from the 15/16 season?

Dunno why but Vardy's 2nd against Liverpool. It sealed the win and it just felt like a kind of watershed moment, for me anyway.

Also, Vardy's second against Sunderland and Ulloa vs West Ham had me fist pumping like mad. 

But Hazard vs Tottenham tops them all. 

• Like 2

Shinji vs Newcastle at home.

It was on my birthday, and I was living in Cape Town surrounded by some of my favourite people.

I fell off my chair celebrating.

Second best birthday present ever (Sevilla was exactly a year later)

I'd love an LCFC tattoo, might just get something to do with that goal/season.

One that I really liked was Mahrez's hat trick goal vs Swansea. It was more for Vardy squaring the ball then taking on the shot which could have extented his own record to 12 games. It pretty much emphasised the team spirit and how we all played for each other and the team. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, shailen said:

One that I really liked was Mahrez's hat trick goal vs Swansea. It was more for Vardy squaring the ball then taking on the shot which could have extented his own record to 12 games. It pretty much emphasised the team spirit and how we all played for each other and the team. 

That was a beautiful goal. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure I’ve gone as mad for a last minute winner like Leo’s against Norwich. The fact it caused an earthquake is just enough to edge it to number 1 for me. 

Vardys v Liverpool and Huth v spuds are very close tho. 

Ulloa v Norwich for emotion.

The best actual goal was probably Vardy v Liverpool 

Imagine that one touch move v Liverpool resulted in a goal, probably would have been one of our best goals ever let alone for that season.

As good as the Vardy volley against Liverpool was, the absolutely best moment for me was the 11 in 11. I didn't know where I was for 5 minutes after that (actually in the West Stand). We've all seen worldie goals before but never a moment in history like that. Not just our history either. 

It will all come flooding back when the record is eventually broken. 

:vardy:

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

As good as the Vardy volley against Liverpool was, the absolutely best moment for me was the 11 in 11. I didn't know where I was for 5 minutes after that (actually in the West Stand). We've all seen worldie goals before but never a moment in history like that. Not just our history either. 

It will all come flooding back when the record is eventually broken. 

:vardy:

Was thinking about this the other day, dont think its matters too much but if someone like Aguero did it you would think fair play but it was be a bit shit if it was someone who broke it out of nowhere and then fell back into obscurity.

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Was thinking about this the other day, dont think its matters too much but if someone like Aguero did it you would think fair play but it was be a bit shit if it was someone who broke it out of nowhere and then fell back into obscurity.

I think I'd actually prefer a totally unexpected player to break the record than an established star from one of the click bait media darling clubs. 

Just hope that it's not Kane, now that would be shit. 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

What's your favourite goal from the 15/16 season?

Mine was Mahrez against Manchester City, it was at that moment I believed. I believed we could be Champions. 

My favourite too! To this day I think this is one of the most underrated goals in Premier League history and I can't believe how easily it was glossed over.

• Firstly from a team perspective we have a super defensive shape with Kante and Huth resolute in keeping our shape.
  • Then Albrighton is superb is quickly distributing the ball without fuss to get Kante on his way.
  • Then the infamous "Leicester RAF" as Ranieri likes to call them to their dash forwards to make space, with Kante staying strong in the challenge to play Mahrez in.

And then the Algerian price... what can you say. The instinct to go for the hop over with both feet AND the ball is simply genius, followed by the sublime stepover and then giving Hart the eyes to finish with his weaker foot. For me this was easily the best goal scored that season, being even better than Dele Alli's goal that won it and even Jamie Vardy's superstar volley. I mean just look at the picture below. This is the highest level of artistry on display on the football pitch, it's Zidane-esque in it's beauty and execution.

Riyad Mahrez on Twitter: "Keeping the Dream Alive... https://t.co ...

Mahrez went on to have a big strop and leave in a cloud of smoke. Neither he nor Kante will mean as much to me as players like Jamie Vardy and Kasper Schmeichel. But this goal simply does not get old, it is quite simply from the absolute top drawer of goals this club has ever seen, beaten IMO only by some of Muzzy Izzet's wonderstrikes.

I was actually at this game, which was one of the best days of my life. Probably my favourite ever match I've been to shading just past the 5-3 win against Man United and the Sevilla Champions League win. I remember at the time thinking "that goal was class!" but it was only when seeing it back on the TV that I really appreciated it. Unreal goal.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

Although everything about 15/16 was a team effort. 

Vardy's goal for 11 in a row v United was magical, the roar was ridiculous.

Special mentions to mahrez v Chelsea at home and huth at WHL as well.