Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Favourite goal from the 15/16 season?

38 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

My favourite too! To this day I think this is one of the most underrated goals in Premier League history and I can't believe how easily it was glossed over.

• Firstly from a team perspective we have a super defensive shape with Kante and Huth resolute in keeping our shape.
  • Then Albrighton is superb is quickly distributing the ball without fuss to get Kante on his way.
  • Then the infamous "Leicester RAF" as Ranieri likes to call them to their dash forwards to make space, with Kante staying strong in the challenge to play Mahrez in.

And then the Algerian price... what can you say. The instinct to go for the hop over with both feet AND the ball is simply genius, followed by the sublime stepover and then giving Hart the eyes to finish with his weaker foot. For me this was easily the best goal scored that season, being even better than Dele Alli's goal that won it and even Jamie Vardy's superstar volley. I mean just look at the picture below. This is the highest level of artistry on display on the football pitch, it's Zidane-esque in it's beauty and execution.

Riyad Mahrez on Twitter: "Keeping the Dream Alive... https://t.co ...

Mahrez went on to have a big strop and leave in a cloud of smoke. Neither he nor Kante will mean as much to me as players like Jamie Vardy and Kasper Schmeichel. But this goal simply does not get old, it is quite simply from the absolute top drawer of goals this club has ever seen, beaten IMO only by some of Muzzy Izzet's wonderstrikes.

I was actually at this game, which was one of the best days of my life. Probably my favourite ever match I've been to shading just past the 5-3 win against Man United and the Sevilla Champions League win. I remember at the time thinking "that goal was class!" but it was only when seeing it back on the TV that I really appreciated it. Unreal goal.

And then he ruined it all with his botched celebration 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

The first half the season was magical for me. The football was joyous. Second half of the season we want into machine mode (as all good champions do) 

My stand out fave was Vardy away at West Brom. Simply devastating. 

Loved both away at West Ham..

Loved Jeff's at Norwich. 

Loved Mahrez's second at Swansea. What a first touch. 

Second half of the season was Huth at Spurs and both Vardy at Sunderland

• Like 2

yeah tbh i think the actual answer is vardy at west brom. when you watch the video back you hear the gooo onnnnn of the away end before he's even got the ball, just knew what was coming in about 5 seconds time. 

Huth vs. Spurs.  Vardy's volley vs. Liverpool was the best individual effort (though the tiki taka flurry which almost led to another right after was even better aesthetically) but Huth's goal was the most important.

Surprised that Vardy's breakaway goal to put us 3-1 up at West Brom has not been mentioned more. Was the ultimate counter attack goal, involving a few quick passes, followed by an expert through ball from Drinkwater, a clinical finish by Vardy, all topped off with some class A sh1thousery from the great man in his favourite corner of the Hawthornes. Beautiful!

Guest Markyblue

Mahrez away at palace, my mind was beginning to tell me we might win this thing and the rest is history. 

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Vardy vs Liverpool best goal I’ve seen live, United as well for the record. 

Funnily tho, my favourite is actually the Morgan goal at home vs Southampton. Personally, after seeing us grind out that game against a good Southampton side I felt we were gonna do it. 

Other than Wes' goal, my main recollection of the Southampton match was the Mane chance. With Kasper beaten he just had to side foot into an empty net but somehow managed to hit Simmo's arm (down at his side within the body line) who cleared it. Might've been a pen with VAR (who knows) but it was a crucial moment in gaining 3 points. 

So many incidents that could've caused a different outcome to that season. 

I can see why the Mahrez goal is mentioned a lot and it’s importance in terms of a turning point in the season ..  but purely as a goal there are many goals scored similar in build up and structure ..   Vardys on the other hand was stunning and I’ve never seen anything like it of that quality before ...  will live with me forever.

18 hours ago, Bob666 said:

Dyer v Aston Villa (home) - his one & only contribution to the season.

Seriously: too many others but personal fav: Vardy's volley v LFC 

His biggest contribution was during the trophy lift when he goes absolutely crazy :D

Leicester City's 2016 Title-Winning Squad: What Happened Next? | 90min

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I watched the Champions DVD a couple of weeks ago, and that Shinji goal at St James' Park is the worst goal I've ever seen lol 

Mahrez at Man City is my favourite but you could pick about 5

My memory is hazy. Is that the one that stopped dead just over the line?

13 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

@stripeyfox has stolen my thunder here - don't want to go all hipster on you, as I agree with all the goals mentioned, there really were so many great goals that year. But there's something about both those goals at Soton that captured the essence of the first half of that season somehow. 

yeah it's odd that these ones stick out for me amongst all the wonderful memories of that season. Vardy's header is absolutely beautiful and effortless. Then the equaliser, slips the offside and there's no messing about, just blast it into the roof of the net. Lovely!

• Like 1