Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
spacemunky

PGA Tour 2K21

• 3 months later...

Having seen a lot of stuff on YouTube, I'm pre-ordering this for Friday's release.

Looks like they've added a lot to an already good golf game. 15 actual course and of course, all the user created versions of others. 

Only 12 PGA pros, but they've added and PGA Tour career mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Having seen a lot of stuff on YouTube, I'm pre-ordering this for Friday's release.

Looks like they've added a lot to an already good golf game. 15 actual course and of course, all the user created versions of others. 

Only 12 PGA pros, but they've added and PGA Tour career mode.

What you hope is that they copy the Tiger Woods games and have the real names of the other pros on the leaderboard.

It does look decent but I've heard that yet again in a golf game, there's no cutscene/presentation when you win a tournament which is annoying. Sounds like a minor thing but that and the ability to actually make winning a Q school event Vs The Open seem very different, really add some satisfaction to career modes and the sense of achievement.

• Like 1

these golf games seem to have regressed over the last few years. I'm not a golfer in any way but enjoy watching the big events on TV.

Used to really like the older Tiger versions (08, 09). Used to total up your earnings per round in actual $ rather than some in game coins.

This one looks promising, will keep an eye on the reviews when it releases

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

The eagle has landed boys now to get stuck into it, having watched a few streamers play it last night it looks tough which for me will make it even more enjoyable 

That's always been my biggest issue with golf games and in particular, EAs Tiger Woods games, was the lack of difficulty. It was always so easy to hit a straight shot.

I went with the harder one to start and I've had to tweak it a bit to since my drives were nowhere near the fairway.

Quite a bit has changed from the previous version, so I'm just getting acclimated with it.

Hopefully I'll get lots of time to play this weekend because right now I'd do better at actual golf lol

Edited by spacemunky
  • Haha 1

The angle at which you bring the analogue stick back and forward to replicate an actual swing plane is such a simple (seems so obvious) feature but I imagine it’ll make this so much more enjoyable. It looks ****ing rock hard from what I’ve seen so far. Can’t wait to give it a go. 

9 hours ago, Manini said:

The angle at which you bring the analogue stick back and forward to replicate an actual swing plane is such a simple (seems so obvious) feature but I imagine it’ll make this so much more enjoyable. It looks ****ing rock hard from what I’ve seen so far. Can’t wait to give it a go. 

I had to turn off the setting where the speed at which you do it affects the shot. Even with that off, I've found a nice challenge hitting the fairways and greens.

Maybe in time I'll be able to re-enable it, but after an opening round 77 at TPC Louisiana and missing the cut in qualifying school, I won't be doing that any time soon lol

Loving the game so far :thumbup:

• 7 months later...

With EA's recent announcement that they are bringing back their PGA franchise:

The official EA website reads: "Only in EA Sports PGA Tour, featuring a cover as breathtaking as the azaleas of Augusta National, EA Sports PGA Tour is the exclusive home of all four majors including the Masters Tournament, the PGA Championship, US Open Champions and The Open Championship."

On 22/08/2020 at 19:39, spacemunky said:

I had to turn off the setting where the speed at which you do it affects the shot. Even with that off, I've found a nice challenge hitting the fairways and greens.

Maybe in time I'll be able to re-enable it, but after an opening round 77 at TPC Louisiana and missing the cut in qualifying school, I won't be doing that any time soon lol

Loving the game so far :thumbup:

I had the speed off too when I played as it seemed off no matter what I did and then just gradually upped the difficulty/turned off some of the assists.

Great gameplay but like every golf game since the Tiger Woods days, it's just a bit meh in terms of career mode. No real sense of progression in terms of clubs/skills which I know was their aim but also the fact that winning a tournament doesn't have any presentation etc. So just feels a bit flat.

18 hours ago, spacemunky said:

With EA's recent announcement that they are bringing back their PGA franchise:

The official EA website reads: "Only in EA Sports PGA Tour, featuring a cover as breathtaking as the azaleas of Augusta National, EA Sports PGA Tour is the exclusive home of all four majors including the Masters Tournament, the PGA Championship, US Open Champions and The Open Championship."

Pains me to say it but it's definitely the kind of thing that will make me and many others choose it over 2K.

You need the Masters in there. Other majors can just be fictitious or a random course since they rotate. Hope this will be good and I certainly think the extra competition will help.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...